New H3 Neo - Dirt on it won't come off..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
To me, it seems like the rubber top sheet was wet, and you put a film on top of it before it was packed away?
Because that sure don't look like dirt to me.
Rubber cleaner should be able to get rid of it, if not once, maybe after a few days.

This is coming form a H3 experienced user

No of course I didn't do that, it's just the impact of the ball on my new rubber that leaves white marks on it. I thought this would come off easily with some water but it didn't work. I think I'm gonna try Der_Echte's method to see how it goes :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Wow ! Der_Echte 's tip worked very well ! My rubber looks like brand new now ! Thanks all and I highly recommend this method to clean chinese rubber (i think water is sufficient to clean euro/jap rubber)

attachment.php

Attachments

• wow.jpg
    wow.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 270
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Looks great and Thx for sayin' thanks, but Der_Echte learned this "Trick" from TT forums too, so thank Dan for making TT Daily then !!

As good as this works for cleaning (and restoring some topsheet elasticity) the composition of rubber it is, you will keep having your rubber get "dirty" all over again. Balls hold stuff from the floors and it will get on Ur H3 like anything else. You can try to breath and wipe rubber like you see pros do so that you slow this down, but it WILL get "dirty" again... and again. At least you know a way to deal with this without freaking out about it. That counts for something. This kind of rubber may oxidize too, so don't be surprised if the Olive Oil and Lemon Juice thing doesn't make your rubber look totally new over time each and every time.

If you want to get the tackiness back, after you clean and dry off the rubber, breath on it to make it moist everywhere and put on your protective sheet. Leave it on overnight (I dunno, maybe an hour will help too) and you should have most if not all your original tackiness back.

Myself, I value topsheet elasticity over tackiness, but H3 is a decently thick topsheet and elasticity only goes so far, compared to other Euro /Japanese rubbers with a thinner topsheet that will grab the ball more securely with a more brushing stroke.

Reactions: Donow
I've compared my recently bought neo h3 prov to my old one, cleaned/treated with the olive oil "trick once and regularly with sweat, breath and wipe, and water. I've noticed that my old one is noticeable tackier than my new one, which got tackier than it was once it was just opened. So does olive oil and sweat, etc. does make the neo h3 tackier than normal?

according to Der_Echte,the rubber becomes more tackier than when it first came.this is true.i tested it and my results were more tacky topsheet(i used a tuttle beijing 3)

So if I applied olive oil, let it sit for a minute, then wipe it off. My new Neo h3 prov would be tackier than it was before? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
So if I applied olive oil, let it sit for a minute, then wipe it off. My new Neo h3 prov would be tackier than it was before? :)

1 tip.i did the trick,then put the protective sheet on for around a week(i wasnt playing).when i took of the protective sheet...the tackiness was unbelievable.

So the conclusion i come to-leave the rubber protector on for a few days for max tackiness regain.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I like to rub it in liberally with fingers, let is set a little, then wipe off. If you want to increase the tack even more, breath all over topsheet real quick, then quickly put on your protective sheets and let them stay on an hour or more.

I also rub the olive oil in with my fingers.