New rubber

This user has no status.
Thanks for the advice. I've never tried the tacky rubbers on my blades. Just tested others. I noticed that a lot of people are moving from tenergy to the tacky rubbers and wanted to give it a shot to see why. I'm more of a power guy who is just developing a pretty good loop. Xiom really helped out and I noticed that when I first got it that it was slightly tacky. So I wanted to step up the tackiness

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You talking about me? I broke 2000 with Big Dipper on my backhand!

I think Big Dipper's 38 degree sponge, from what you have said, is different from DHS H3 type sponges. But you are one of those guys who would fall into that category. Edmund, whose backhand is pretty darn sick, he used to use H3 on his BH. And he always uses the same rubber on BH as FH, never softer. Also like you. But that is not normal. You both get way more torc from your BH than most people and close to as much as you get from a normal FH. For both of you the BH is the bigger weapon. But you use your FH more aggressively then Ed and he uses more spin and control with FH.

Reactions: Liten
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Besides, if more people had the kind of power on impact from their backhands that you have, there would be much fewer players turning to pips to cover up how weak their backhands are.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

Reactions: Liten
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Where did you get that idea? The opposite is the case. Or, at least when I used them that was the case.
PRO is the hard version... Europe is the mid soft version. Now if your dealer knows the secret handshake and gets a batch that is factory tuned... then they prolly are same speed.

You get PRO version of any other rubber and you gotta lookout for the big company goon squads gunning for you.

BTW... I think you are over agonizing this decision x100...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. I do think the blindfold and dart board method are necessary here.

So let's talk about the goon squad, National versions of H3, Xu Xin's personal rubber, and why Der_Echte's BH is good enough to use an $8.00 rubber and why NextLevel would be fine using H3 commercial unboosted for his BH.

Oh and don't forget about that last trap NextLevel set for the goon squad a few weeks ago. I wish we had that in video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yep. I do think the blindfold and dart board method are necessary here.

So let's talk about the goon squad, National versions of H3, Xu Xin's personal rubber, and why Der_Echte's BH is good enough to use an $8.00 rubber and why NextLevel would be fine using H3 commercial unboosted for his BH.

Oh and don't forget about that last trap NextLevel set for the goon squad a few weeks ago. I wish we had that in video.

I went to Westchester to take down the goon squad younglings. Went 4-1 against them. Lost to some kid who is no longer as small as he used to be with the initials BZ. I am going to get that lefty kid sometime soon, I promise!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All young demigods have their weakness. The weakness for BZ has to do with his ADHD and his wavering attention span. Sometimes he is very focused and sometimes his focus goes out the window.

Here is a game strategy that might work. Bring a box of chocolates and a corny love letter. Find the cutest girl there, preferably about 4 years older than him. Pay her to give him the chocolates and the card right before the match and to stay and watch and flirt with him between points.

If that happens I have a feeling you will own him for the next three matches you play against him. Especially if the girl walks off after he loses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Nah - I use too many dirty tricks already - look at all the kids I beat up on - Benjamin was the sole survivor. No spin serves, pushing to their backhands, baiting them to serve to my backhand, keeping the ball short because they can't reach over the table... I have to have a limit to how low I can go and using pretty women is like Machiavelli or Sun Tzu type stuff... if he was not a lefty, it would be a piece of cake. I will just get better at playing kids with real table tennis and become a better player overall.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hahaha. For real, that kid is getting too good. I had fun watching the video of you playing him from NYISC in August. Remembering him from when he was a tiny squirt and was rated under 1000 and seeing how good he plays now, it is kind of cool.

For me the funniest kid to see, he doesn't look like a kid any more because he is a giant: Ludovich Lee-Freithofnig! He was this tiny kid who loved everyone else's racket and even though his rating was like 800 his technique was awesome. And now he is over 2300! And over 6' tall. One summer he went to China for 2 months. When he went he was about 1200. When he came back he was close to 2000!!!!!

NextLevel, one day we will be kids again. I have a plan!

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
One kid I played, he cried after he played me because I kept serving the ball to where he couldn't reach it. Of course, since then, he has not let me beat him despite the persistent ratings disparity, though I haven't played him in a while.

Another kid, I kept backhand looping the ball with so much arc it kept kicking over his head. He hasn't let me beat him since either, though our matches have been league matches.

One from yesterday is barely 10 - I play him at the Lily League and tournaments. I am almost getting soft and want him to win - he has gotten better and even changed from his touch game to attack more but the problem is that he doesn't have the power to go through me with ease so he has to work in rallies and he has to get through my serve returns. I will probably buy him a gift when he gets his first one. He's taken a lot of losses for a while now.

The one kid I never got who I should have was Len Yang. I messed around the first time I played him and lost 9-11 in the fifth. Then I was up 1-0, 9-5 and ended up losing in 4. The last time, I wasn't in form as it was my first match of the day after driving 2 hours and getting no real warmup. That said, he is still in striking distance - I just hope I get him before he makes the jump.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Besides, if more people had the kind of power on impact from their backhands that you have, there would be much fewer players turning to pips to cover up how weak their backhands are.

IT's largely technique. Anyone can do it if they understand how and try and stay relaxed: