Nexy Karis rubber first impressions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I will try to take off my Karis H and tune it with Falco Long Tempo and keep you posted if it did anything surprising ... guys how many layers do you suggest ? 2 ?
Would love to hear more about how things turned out with Karis H. Does it give you what you wanted from the Big Dipper - without the tack?

(TTgearlab has an interesting recent post on the Karis H through M suggesting that the karis topsheet, combined with the harder H sponge, makes the H play a lot like a Chinese tacky rubber, minus the tackiness. I wonder if that's been people's experience as well.)

i tried the Nexy Karis Hard on a Rubicon yesterday and I can say it is very fast and on the level of MXP. It is a bit harder compared to MXP but 1 or 2 levels less spinny probably spin level of an Acuda s1. For me, the Karis hard would need a softer blade. The Rubicon and Karis H combo would feel a bit hard. The rubber is explosive on topspin and the closest rubber i can compare it to is the Mantra H.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
i tried the Nexy Karis Hard on a Rubicon yesterday and I can say it is very fast and on the level of MXP. It is a bit harder compared to MXP but 1 or 2 levels less spinny probably spin level of an Acuda s1. For me, the Karis hard would need a softer blade. The Rubicon and Karis H combo would feel a bit hard. The rubber is explosive on topspin and the closest rubber i can compare it to is the Mantra H.

right on the money !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How do you like the Vega Pro?

The best thing about it is that it is cheap. I still haven't played enough to get used to it but it is definitely a good rubber. My style has to get much more aggressive close to the table to maximize it.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Damn Monster, Ur staus sez that U been breaking ankles with your mis-direction shots for YEARS.

U R a true certified Bad-Azz in TT.

mnstr-ankle.PNG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
LOL .... good one Der_Echte and UpSideDownCarl ... . for the rest folks ... I did not set that status message . @Dan, can you please check which admin had a lot of time over the Labor Day Weekend and starting messing with my status and concocted this well concerted effort with Der_Echte of messing with me :p ... oh and the status is eerily accurate in that my ankles and knees are really creaking these days ... btw , how did your LA adventure go Der_Echte ? ...
Damn Monster, Ur staus sez that U been breaking ankles with your mis-direction shots for YEARS.

U R a true certified Bad-Azz in TT.

View attachment 14130

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
LOL .... good one Der_Echte and UpSideDownCarl ... . for the rest folks ... I did not set that status message . @Dan, can you please check which admin had a lot of time over the Labor Day Weekend and starting messing with my status and concocted this well concerted effort with Der_Echte of messing with me :p ... oh and the status is eerily accurate in that my ankles and knees are really creaking these days ... btw , how did your LA adventure go Der_Echte ? ...

Hahaha. Nice response. I wonder which troublemaker, I mean administrator, could have done that. [emoji2]

Uh-oh, gotta run. The Goon Squad is on my tail again. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
KAris didn't let me down in LA, I did. I went 4 wins 2 losses and dropped a match or two I shoulda been able to do, but seem to not be as match fit I hope for. A few months later should tell a better story, I usually have some (poor) performances like this before gaining level. At least I hope that is what this leads to and it should. I am gunna change how I look at adjustments and in-game experiments for the better.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Those of us who have no status should revolt. We have nothing to lose but our chains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I finally replaced two sheets of Karis M that I had put on my Viscaria in late January!

Nine months of use, three times per week on average. Durability is beyond belief. I like it just as much as ever.

By the way, the last time I kept rubbers sheets on a blade that long was when I was in high school a very very very long time ago and I had to buy my own Mark V to put on my Alser blade (the kind that had his picture on the blade, and it was new). I am picky about rubber. Karis is odd, it gets to looking really bad, like the picture of Dorian Gray. It plays the same.

Last edited:
After some match condition practices and a full training session, i can give my first impressions more precisely.

I could not agree more with Baal's review and posts! Karis with a K, as King of Linearity! :)

What stroke me the most is the ability to handle spin.
After weeks and weeks without practicing TT, I was surprisingly able to return the serves of a teammate, who is a leftie serving whith a tremendeous amount of spin on my FH.
The same serves I had big trouble with during every season I played with him!
Last year I was playing with MX-P and I could not handle the spin of his serves most of the time.
Suddenly those great spinny serves were not so dangerous and my talented teammate had to play way more balls to collect some points!

The rubber has plenty of speed when you are quite close to the table and have the initiative. But man you got to work hard and fully commit when a rally starts and your are backing away from the table!! :eek:

MX-P does it for you. Karis does not.
You get what you give. And that's the beauty of it.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
And once you figure that out -- that you get what you give -- when using Karis and backed off the table, just let the ball rip hard and make sure you relax and let your body rotate fully. And which what happens! First the ball will land on the table. Second it will fly through the air very fast and with more than enough spin to make it nasty. It is not a slow rubber in the sense that it lets you play very fast and with a lot of power still not miss. It takes some getting used to. (It is not slow in absolute sense, but certainly slow compared to Tenergy and MX-P and such, which is what I had used for previous ten years).

These days when I play I grunt like Ovtcharov because you can't hold back with this stuff. It doesn't do the work for you.

After a few days of use, the surface also starts to look like the cheapest of premade paddles. Don't believe what that seems to be telling you though. (People who look at my rubber think I am crazy to use it).