Oiling tacky topsheet

This user has no status.
Thanks for the info! What kind of oil should i use. Is olive oil fine?

The thing about the rubbers is that i haven't found a forehand rubber that i like. As i started out with H3N I think coming back to it would be beneficial... The best feeling i had so far was with boosted H3N. Thats why I am using it now. However the inconsistency in quality and the process of boosting is worrying me a little.

But somehow my understanding of the game has changed and now that i have started to be able to do counter topspins and such my technique gets messed up. For example the low ending position.

Edit: For that reason i bought myself a stratus powerwood with two Mark V.. but i dont like em. I get this mushy feedback from the impact and they seem very bouncy :-/

Boogar, you're a solid level or two better than I am but our game, mindset, and technique are pretty similar. I was HUGE on hard Chinese rubber starting off and I just learned to rip the ball and hope it had enough spin to bring it down, so I did very well til I hit 1200 and plateaued very bad. My coach suggested a softer Chinese rubber to slow things down and give better dwell/feel so I switched to a 999T topsheet on an Air 36-38 degree sponge that cost $15 US all in. Best decision ever as far as TT, my feel for the ball and spin improved right away. You're obviously very smart and have athletic ability with more than adequate technique, a softer rubber might help you develop the feel needed to execute everything successfully. Good luck man!

Reactions: Boogar
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This isn't meant eternally. Whenever you feel your technique is solid enough, you can switch back. (A good indicator for this is if you can grab any bat and adjust within a couple of minutes)

This here is great information. Sometimes I forget about how long it can take to transition between different equipment depending on the player.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Boogar, you're a solid level or two better than I am but our game, mindset, and technique are pretty similar. I was HUGE on hard Chinese rubber starting off and I just learned to rip the ball and hope it had enough spin to bring it down, so I did very well til I hit 1200 and plateaued very bad. My coach suggested a softer Chinese rubber to slow things down and give better dwell/feel so I switched to a 999T topsheet on an Air 36-38 degree sponge that cost $15 US all in. Best decision ever as far as TT, my feel for the ball and spin improved right away. You're obviously very smart and have athletic ability with more than adequate technique, a softer rubber might help you develop the feel needed to execute everything successfully. Good luck man!

Thanks for your words, very kind of you!

I have not found this rubber on tt11. But a Hurrican 3-50 might work? I think i will experiment some more.
However the most important thing about rubbers is that you stay with one set up for a while. Otherwise you can never really tell what it really is about.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Thanks for your words, very kind of you!

I have not found this rubber on tt11. But a Hurrican 3-50 might work? I think i will experiment some more.
However the most important thing about rubbers is that you stay with one set up for a while. Otherwise you can never really tell what it really is about.

Hey, gotta give credit where credit is due :) you can get the topsheet and a decent sponge from Eacheng and assemble it yourself with rubber cement or you can order it from colestt (I know it's a lot of shipping...) and he'll assemble it for you! It might be cheaper to go with H3-50 when you look at shipping too though, same basic concept either way.

@Suga D, I was actually considering boosting until I read this thread, thanks for the info!

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey, gotta give credit where credit is due :) you can get the topsheet and a decent sponge from Eacheng and assemble it yourself with rubber cement or you can order it from colestt (I know it's a lot of shipping...) and he'll assemble it for you! It might be cheaper to go with H3-50 when you look at shipping too though, same basic concept either way.

@Suga D, I was actually considering boosting until I read this thread, thanks for the info!

Hey, nice I could be helpful.
My pleasure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Revolution 3 BOOSTER:
revolution_no_3_biobooster.jpg

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Whoa. Interesting. My bad. I didn't know of this. I thought you were speaking of this here:

REvolution No.3 is the new generation of elastic table tennis glue ,the most advanced and performance water based table tennis glue .
It is easy to use with a special designed sponge for obtaining accurate thickness of a very elastic layer of rubber between blade and rubber for better speed , spin and control .
Easy to peel off ,clean, green ,good adherence coming with full technical support for use by pros or any table tennis player .
Speed glue, banning of speed gl;ue and now Revolution No. 3 glue generated real revolutions in developing table tennis game and materials .
Remember : Revolution No. 3 glue is the third part of your racket and the know how to use it in perfect synergy with the blade and rubbers pushes your performance to the next level

Glue_2-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl