says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Chinese Olympic Team lose warm up match against National Team members

The Chinese Olympic team for the London 2012 Olympics including Zhang Jike, Wang Hao and Ma Long were not able to win in their warm up match against their fellow team mates. The warm up match is part of the training in preparation for the London 2012 Olympics!

The competition follows the same format as the Olympic Team event (two singles - two doubles - two singles)

warmuplondon4.jpg

Olympic Team included:

Zhang Jike
Wang Hao
Ma long

National Team members:

Ma Lin
Wang Liqin
Xu Xin

Match

Xu Xin defeated Zhang Jike 3-0
Ma Long defeated Wang Liqin 3-2
Ma Long/Wang Hao defeated Ma Lin and Xu Xin 3-0
Ma Lin defeated Zhang Jike 3-0
Wang Liqin defeated Wang Hao 3-1

The National Team defeated the Olympic team by 3 matches to 2.

The Olympic team including Zhang Jike and Wang Hao did not perform well, could this have effect on the Chinese National team at the London 2012 Olympics?

Some photos from the event below:

Ma Lin in action

warmuplondon3.jpg

Ma Long in action

warmuplondon2.jpg

Wang Hao in action

warmuplondon1.jpg

Photos and source: Sohu.com and tabletennista.com

Video of event!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Just based on the picture above, it looks like Zhang Jike is either sad, or has a bit of a head cold (something very detrimental to reactions and thought process). He looks a bit stuffy. Well, can anyone beat any of these 6 on a big stage such as the Olympics?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Ma Long proves that no one of you has to say he has a poor mental game. Being 0-2 down. And put it to reversal come on guys!!! :)

This wasn't the Olympics or WTTC(in which Ma long has lost twice to Wang Hao when he shouldn't have) so you can't really talk about mental strenght here to a great extent. I can't imagine them having much pressure in a closed training match with their teammates.

This user has no status.
This wasn't the Olympics or WTTC(in which Ma long has lost twice to Wang Hao when he shouldn't have) so you can't really talk about mental strenght here to a great extent. I can't imagine them having much pressure in a closed training match with their teammates.

hmmm you have a point. I was just tooo happy for ma long's victory. it is just I am a great fan of him. So thanks for reminding :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Come on!
They train now every day, I bet they make these mini-olympic team matches everyday!
You cant take seriously result like this!
Although it is interesting, that Ma Long didnt lose a match, it would be more interesting to know how all these mini matches went.. :)
And dont tell me they dont have matches like this.. They train, so what you think they play cards?
No, they play matches too!

says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
Nov 2011
They can change the positions of the players every match. But in the Olympics the team has to be made up of Wang Hao, Ma Long and Zhang Jike. The order in which they will play is to be decided by the coach before every match.
I see. But I mean the olympic team composition, for example Wang Hao replaced by Xu Xin,

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I see. But I mean the olympic team composition, for example Wang Hao replaced by Xu Xin,

Only 3 players for each country can qualify. The three for China are:

Wang Hao (Singles and Team)
Zhang Jike (Singles and Team)

Ma Long (Team only)

If Liu Gouliang decided to take Wang Hao out, I believe that would mean that ONLY ZHANG JIKE could play in the singles and that China could not play in the TEAM EVENT.

I could be wrong, but, reading the ITTF documentation on the process of qualifying makes it out to be what I just said.