Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
pretty sure there's no rule restricting it.
If you aren't playing in competition and it's a knockabout/basement type laugh there's no issue of rules really. Just didn't want to see you invest time which could have been better spent on constructive training if you are playing competitions etc.

I know the rules mention alot about the racket arm and free arm but honestly never seen it in a match situation.

It's really a qualified umpire question I think.

This user has no status.
If you aren't playing in competition and it's a knockabout/basement type laugh there's no issue of rules really. Just didn't want to see you invest time which could have been better spent on constructive training if you are playing competitions etc.

I know the rules mention alot about the racket arm and free arm but honestly never seen it in a match situation.

It's really a qualified umpire question I think.
Yes, it just means I have 2 racket arms. Nothing wrong with it. Also it's cool af playing style.

Honestly umpires at competitions are a joke anyway there's no enforcement of service rules and everyone is using illegally treated rubbers - boosters for inverted players and illegal pips treatment for the pips players.

This user has no status.
Although it could be made clearer, I'm fairly sure 2.4.10 'A racket shall not be changed during an individual match unless it is accidentally damaged so badly that it cannot be used.' means that only one racket can be used in an individual match.
I'm never "changing any rackets" during a match though, the 2 I'm using will be used from the beginning to the end.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Will need to practice my lefty penhold skills a bit first. Lol... it's never that easy using your offhand.

Tbh the advantages that this gives is almost game breaking haha.
Let's not get carried away about game changing but it's a good bit of fun for sure (y)

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
Not sure whether you are going for hitting or disruption. I've been impressed with the people I've played recently using Dawei Saviga V.
I thought about it and the primary goal should be disruption imo because the major threat is my inverted loops.

I've already got a free Dawei 388D-1 Ox sheet from a friend. Now I will put Victas Spectol S1 on the other side to complete my lefty penhold setup, so that there is max differences between the 2 sides, and of course between the 2 sides and my double Dignics 05 on my right hand.

This user has no status.
OK ;) - but you won't be able to serve ('Service shall start with the ball resting freely on the open palm of the server's stationary free hand.') as you won't have a free hand.
Yes I do have a free hand too in the context of service because the right hand is the one doing the serving. I can do perfectly open palm with my left hand while half holding the penhold blade - it's not that hard to do.

Edit: It is significantly harder to power the ball toss normally now, I found out that I had to add a left foot pushoff to actually throw the ball with enough height while half holding the penhold blade in my left hand.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent?

I see your quote about equipment is gone from your signature now. :)

Good to know when someone has a consistent stance. :) And.....the opposite.