Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

This user has no status.
Don't be that serious, we are not pro, having fun with TT at our age is better.
Honestly there are quite a few anti-fun uncool ppl on this forum who take everything way too seriously especially with something that they dont earn any kind of serious $$$ from.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Honestly there are quite a few anti-fun uncool ppl on this forum who take everything way too seriously especially with something that they dont earn any kind of serious $$$ from.
I never said you couldn't play with two rackets. You could even play with tennis rackets if that is your thing. People play table tennis with cell phones and clipboards for fun. I played with planks of wood as rackets multiple times as a child - never learned to spin heavy until I was in my 30s. The idea that I take this way too seriously is a serious cope for your inability to accept that you are likely to be doing something that is not permitted by the laws of table tennis. And given that I have given you multiple examples of me breaking the laws of table tennis all my life, you need to stop acting like the disagreement is about taking things seriously. I pointed out that what you did was against the laws of table tennis as I understand them. At least admit you are trolling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There's no consideration for this because there are no pro players who chose to play with this style obviously and ITTF is aimed at pro players.

I did a search of "free arm" in the Handbook. It is defined in 2.5.6 and only used in 2.6.5 for the sole purpose to disallow hiding the ball with the free arm for the service. Similarly, "free hand" is only used in a context to disallow putting spin on the ball with the fingers in 2.6.1, and to disallow touching the table in 2.10.1.11

Like what I said earlier, the spirit of the law is quite important when interpreting any laws.
Okay. And the use of the word "racket" as a singular noun in just about every match context is also a mistake? The rules were written to allow this possibility but just for some reason only focus on "the racket" and never "the rackets" because the rule writers were waiting for you to show them they were idiots?

The free *hand* is actually the bigger deal here. Not the free *arm*. But you clearly have no serious interest in reading and understanding the rules - your main desire is to troll and accuse people of being uncool for not agreeing with your innovation.

This user has no status.
I never said you couldn't play with two rackets. You could even play with tennis rackets if that is your thing. People play table tennis with cell phones and clipboards for fun. I played with planks of wood as rackets multiple times as a child - never learned to spin heavy until I was in my 30s. The idea that I take this way too seriously is a serious cope for your inability to accept that you are likely to be doing something that is not permitted by the laws of table tennis. And given that I have given you multiple examples of me breaking the laws of table tennis all my life, you need to stop acting like the disagreement is about taking things seriously. I pointed out that what you did was against the laws of table tennis as I understand them. At least admit you are trolling.
Yes I admit I am trolling a bit and having fun even right now. I haven't had as much fun that I had last night just wowing everyone and creating absolute magic on the table. It was especially fun to troll my inverted/LP penholder friend with some of these shots to give him a taste of his own medicine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yes I admit I am trolling a bit and having fun even right now. I haven't had as much fun that I had last night just wowing everyone and creating absolute magic on the table. It was especially fun to troll my inverted/LP penholder friend with some of these shots to give him a taste of his own medicine.
This was exactly what I told someone who asked me what inspired most of your complaints about pips - I was like it is just his recent losing record to his penholder hitting partner who probably plays a less athletically respectable style.

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
Okay. And the use of the word "racket" as a singular noun in just about every match context is also a mistake? The rules were written to allow this possibility but just for some reason only focus on "the racket" and never "the rackets" because the rule writers were waiting for you to show them they were idiots?

The free *hand* is actually the bigger deal here. Not the free *arm*.
You are still not looking at the spirit of the law in terms of what it was intended to do, which is NOT to ban 2 racket players. Latching on singular/plural nouns is just sad.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You are still not looking at the spirit of the law in terms of what it was intended to do, which is NOT to ban 2 racket players. Latching on singular/plural nouns is just sad.
You sound like someone defending the Holy Spirit of the law - what's next, you are going to speak in tongues about rubbers?

Seriously, the table tennis laws are pretentiously written in minimalist fashion so things like singular vs plural nouns are very important for that minimalism. Learn more about things, don't assume you understand something because you are moved by the blah spirit.

• Haha
This user has no status.
This was exactly what I told someone who asked me what inspired most of your complaints about pips - I was like it is just his recent losing record to his penholder hitting partner who probably plays a less athletically respectable style.
It's funny how some internet stranger was important enough to become a subject of gossip 🤣

This user has no status.
You sound like someone defending the Holy Spirit of the law - what's next, you are going to speak in tongues about rubbers?

Seriously, the table tennis laws are pretentiously written in minimalist fashion so things like singular vs plural nouns are very important for that minimalism. Learn more about things, don't assume you understand something because you are moved by the blah spirit.
Lol??? Shit this is getting too funny....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It's funny how some internet stranger was important enough to become a subject of gossip 🤣
Trolling under anonymity is a hazard on the internet. You aren't as notorious as SJAN or brokenball, but when you abuse your anonymity using the same principles, we end up in the same place. We just try to understand why people write stuff, that's all.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro and blahness
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And you don't think change from first racket to second racket is a change? If you have two rackets at the start and one hits the ball first, and the second one hits the ball second, did you NOT change which racket you hit the ball with?

Wouldn't that be a change in rackets? Or is the second racket the same racket as the first racket? Is the racket in your left hand the racket that is in your right hand?

Also, how is what you are doing any different from what anyone with LP on one side would do?

Why couldn't you just learn to twiddle and switch hands and do the same thing with ONE RACKET? Then you would not have to change rackets when you changed which hand you used.

I think being able to twiddle and swap hands would demonstrate more skills than just having a racket in each hand. And if you can do the two racket thing, you should be able to do the more skilled version with one racket.

BTW: regardless, I would love to see footage of you playing with the two rackets. That would be fun and what you are doing, it is a worthwhile experiment; especially if you are having fun.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: lodro and blahness
This user has no status.
And you don't think change from first racket to second racket is a change? If you have two rackets at the start and one hits the ball first, and the second one hits the ball second, did you NOT change which racket you hit the ball with?

Wouldn't that be a change in rackets? Or is the second racket the same racket as the first racket? Is the racket in your left hand the racket that is in your right hand?

Also, how is what you are doing any different from what anyone with LP on one side would do?

Why couldn't you just learn to twiddle and switch hands and do the same thing with ONE RACKET? Then you would not have to change rackets when you changed which hand you used.

I think being able to twiddle and swap hands would demonstrate more skills than just having a racket in each hand. And if you can do the two racket thing, you should be able to do the more skilled version with one racket.

BTW: regardless, I would love to see footage of you playing with the two rackets. That would be fun and what you are doing, it is a worthwhile experiment; especially if you are having fun.
Already explained why the rule doesnt apply, you have to look at the context and intention of the law when doing an interpretation. It is to avoid sneaky behaviour mid match to change setups which may affect the course of the match at crucial points. Imagine changing to LP only at 10-9 in the decider.

If I started with 2 rackets from the beginning of a match and show the opponent properly, I never "changed" the rackets I'm playing with. There is no change of setup mid match. That's the most logical interpretation (prima facie) and in accordance to the context and intention of the law. A lot of what has been written is just grasping at straws and being pedantic imo.

Swapping hands and twiddling is a huge waste of time in table tennis which is one of the fastest sports out there, every millisecond counts. You have absolutely no time to twiddle much less change hands when the ball is being blasted towards you for eg...

Even this existing setup is already costing me some indecision on which hand to use sometimes already, kinda like the middle area. BTW I know how to twiddle with my lefty penhold already, it's not hard at all.

Bringing an off hand to almost the same level as the primary hand is some real skill. You can try it yourself too. I already provided you with the concept.

This user has no status.
I actually just checked, there is no clause 2.4.10 in the latest Handbook. It was just a lie lmao, and it still triggered so much discussion.

The closest clause is:

2.4.8 Before the start of a match and whenever he or she changes his or her
racket during a match a player shall show his or her opponent and the
umpire the racket he or she is about to use and shall allow them to examine
it.

Obviously this is about transparency in rackets. They are allowed to examine my rackets if they choose.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So silly. Changing from one racket to another in the middle of a rally is still changing rackets.

You are playing a game of semantics. And, if they let you play like that, I am fine with it. But, you are playing a game of semantics rather than realizing that hitting the ball with one racket and then hitting the ball with a second racket is changing rackets. :)

Going back and forth between two rackets is changing rackets repeatedly. :)

For it not to be changing rackets, it would have to be ONLY ONE racket. By having two rackets, when you hit with the racket in your right hand, and then hit with the racket in your left hand, YOU HAVE CHANGED WHICH RACKET YOU ARE HITTING WITH. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
This user has no status.
So silly. Changing from one racket to another in the middle of a rally is still changing rackets.

You are playing a game of semantics. And, if they let you play like that, I am fine with it. But, you are playing a game of semantics rather than realizing that hitting the ball with one racket and then hitting the ball with a second racket is changing rackets. :)

Do you even read posts before replying? 2.4.10 quoted by sedis is a non existent clause lmao. Everything you saw about the change of racket clause is a lie. Repeating a lie does not make it true.

2.4.8 doesn't even prohibit changing rackets.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Carl, stop being so narrowminded! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Trolling under anonymity is a hazard on the internet. You aren't as notorious as SJAN or brokenball, but when you abuse your anonymity using the same principles, we end up in the same place. We just try to understand why people write stuff, that's all.
I can't let this pass. So I am notorious! At least when I "troll" I am in your face. I point out how stupid your comments are. The most recent is "covering" the ball or "wrapping" the ball. You seem to think you can do that after the ball is hit even though Baal pointe out long ago it takes many milliseconds for the impact to be felt. You can't explain what happens to the ball when you "cover" or "wrap" the ball a millisecond do soon or too late. Yet you persist in making stupid comments and misleading the young one that don't know any better.

Also, since no one seems to know that not all energy is conserved after impact, I know the general knowledge level of the forum when it comes to thermodynamics which is nil.

I don't really "troll". I just like to remind people about what they don't know.

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Still, you could do everything you claim to be doing with two rackets with only one if you learned to twiddle well and learned to swap hands. :)
Just admit your mistake, it's incredible that there's so many posts citing 2.4.10 that nobody actually noticed that it actually doesn't exist :)

Admitting you're in error when youve made a mistake, is a basic sign of courtesy in civilised societies.

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl