Professional Tenergy........

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My story was pretty wild and dodgy to be believable, but the magnitude and myth of teh stories of all these "pro" and "national" versions gets wilder and more unbelievable each year.

You say the words that you are "Sponsored" or know the Natl Coach or whatever, it seems your credability and ability to bullshyt a sucker jumps immensely. Over the years I cannot count how many times forum memebrs have obsesses over a Natl or Pro version of a rubber and paid 10X more than normal price for a sheet. Entire counterfeit operations have been supported by these and now, there are jokers making counterfeits of the counterfeits.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My story was pretty wild and dodgy to be believable, but the magnitude and myth of teh stories of all these "pro" and "national" versions gets wilder and more unbelievable each year.

You say the words that you are "Sponsored" or know the Natl Coach or whatever, it seems your credability and ability to bullshyt a sucker jumps immensely. Over the years I cannot count how many times forum memebrs have obsesses over a Natl or Pro version of a rubber and paid 10X more than normal price for a sheet. Entire counterfeit operations have been supported by these and now, there are jokers making counterfeits of the counterfeits.

Can you guys make a review of donic ovtcharov senso v1

If you hijack a thread and make a comment on a completely different subject, you have to at least be funny. Ask Der_Echte the correct way to hijack a thread. Is the Donic Ovtcharov Senso you are interested in a pro model? Or does it have pro Tenergy on it. Or were you chased by the Butterfly Mafia for using Tenergy "Pro" without being a sponsored player?

Der_Echte, these guys obviously need the kind of help only you can provide.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nah, I think Pooh just made an innocent mistake.

Those Mafia Goons who were after Carl were playing for KEEPS though, but they were in way over their heads and quickly got acquinted with some... poop.

... All because that damned chip sensor told the big company that a sponsored player wasn't using the sposored rubber. Sheesh. Technology these days and the big company looking to protect their interests...

For real though, HOW MANY National or PRO threads have we seen on TT forums the last 5 years? Almost ALL of those threads have more unbelievable stories of how/why the rubber exists in first place and how they got it. Haha, If 10% of those are true, I will be the next billionaire selling Arizona beachfront property that will be extreme prime when California falls off into theocean after then next huge earthquake.

This user has no status.

DNAs....I blame my receding hairline for that.
And funny though, I got mine for cheaper than retail price....and no, it cant be counterfeit. My source is way too reliable for that.

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'll post a pic and ask the experts... Is this (Insert name of Pro or national version) Rubber the real thing or a fake? haha, we see that a lot on the forums as well.

But what the heck... sometimes, the TT forums can get downright dull and boring at times and someone has to spice it up, so why not these crazy threads about mythical rubbers?

UFO1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Hey guys have you heard about the new professional version of tenergy with a new topsheet for the polyball?
I heard they added some sort of powders and mixed it into the rubber compound. Thus making the rubber extremely grippy!
I heard TTnPP has it if you know someone from the inside.....

Reactions: Der_Echte
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have no idea if Professional Tenergy exists or not (I tend to doubt it but what do I know, I too have seen the ad mentioned above, and there was no way I was going to pay that much for a sheet of rubber). I am really happy with the kind of Tenergy 05 that mortals get, so don't much care. The only vague insight I have is that I have played with the blade of a recent US national champion -- same blade and rubber I use -- and it felt like what I use. Of course, it's quite possible that US National champions are not high enough on the food chain to get the top secret good stuff. Or........

Now, of course, I have heard that some mere mortals have gotten their hands on used sheets from top guys in the world and found it different, but one has to consider the way it may have been boosted. I once used some Revolution booster on a new T05, several coats the way they recommend it, and it's not something I would do again, it was a lot faster.

But even if there is pro Tenergy, I like regular.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is also this thing called the placebo effect where, if you give someone a sugar pill and tell them it is some specific drug it will have an effect perhaps 55% of the time. When a drug company can get a drug that works 60% of the time that is like a big thing and they are going to try and turn that drug into their next big thing.

So if someone thinks they got a legit National H3, 55% of the time that suggestion alone, will make the person think the rubber plays better. If the rubber was also boosted when the person got it, maybe 85-90% will think the rubber itself is something special.

I remember some kid telling me once he was using Jun Mizutani's personal Tenergy. I sort of thought, "Oh god, the kid bought some junk and thinks Mizutani actually owned the rubber." And the thing is, it was a brand new sheet, in the packaging. So how could it be Mizutani's? Just stop drinking the Kool-Aid!

attachment.php

Last edited:
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I dont know about Tenergy, but i can confirm that Swedish professional sponsored players for Stiga and Donic has "pro-versions". And the difference is 95% of the time different sponges, like Baracuda with a harder sponge, or a Calibra with softer sponge (not Calibra sound) I have tried alot of these rubbers. Also a version of Yasaka Rakza 9 that a player wanted with a slightly softer sponge and harder topsheet.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have no doubt that big time sponsored pro players can get stuff made from their sponsors to a more likeable spec (think harder sponge for Euro/Japanese rubbers). I do not doubt any of that. It is common sense really. If the manufacturer can make the player happy, why not?

What cracks me up is all this cloud of mystery about certain rubbers (often the elite and elusive "national" version of Hurricane or whatever). Gullible and motivated players want teh absolute best equipment the pros use (or what is rumored) and will go ALL THE WAY to get it. That spells moeny for some companies.

I can tell you personally, that Nexy USA isn't into that. Blades and accessories are Nexy's strong suit, no one else is there yet, but there isn't all this fun, crazy, interesting cult status about it.

Just as well, the TT world needs stuff to talk about and there are only so many stories about TT hit squads to keep players in line that the public will follow.

I have tried a T05 from a pro of the Euro-Asia championship 2012 as well as an Hexer from the actual French National Champ. The rubbers were bossted to maximum and ultra fast. I assumed it was just the heavy amount of booster used that made the rubbers so fast, so flexible and so spinny. My caoch told me that the pros are usually getting the harder Tenergies that are comming out of the factory simply because they use alot of booster and it softer the sponge.
Basically i think anyone can achieve the same result by bossting his own Tenergies to maxium, issue it the durability, unlike pros we pay tenergies about 57€ and dont change rubbers every weeks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Agreed with Amayzde in the first page. Pro tenergies are the ones in the middle and I think it's factory tuned too[emoji13]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
That makes the rubber spinnier and faster than what we use. You can buy it from prott.cc.
They have said that the pro tenergy 64 is softer and the feeling is better as the ball "eats" into the sponge more

This user has no status.
Great read, I enjoyed each post. Table Tennis is fascinating! Not many other sports have such differences between pro versions and commercial versions I don't think.
Well....seeing as to how DHS/Li-Ning is involved with badminton as well....I reckon its gonna be the same with the racket base too :p