R9+LAC on a custom outer ALC

This user has no status.
So here i am switching equipment again in the middle of the season. At least not by much, but something i seriously didnt want to do. But as per usual there were some issues in my gameplay i could address with equipment change.
More so i was intrigued by the R9, and got annoyed by the durability issues with LAC on fh, aaaaaaaand i finally got an E-Mail that changed everything.

So tldr first:
- Got durability issues with LAC on fh
- Got an E-Mail back from Sérgio
- Several weeks later i have a new blade and R9 on fh and LAC on bh
- FH now feels like a freaking whip, is unblockable but hard to control from myself
- BH sets my opponents into infant-stages and let them cry for 3 sets, period

Some more words explaining the development in the past 2-3 months.
I played with LAC on both sides with the Sword Vsea.
I had a really great time especially on FH shots but several issues on bh (drops, too slow attacks, clipping the net).
Therefore i made the switch back to Yinhe Pro 01 to address the bh stuff, simply because bh is really important for me to get my opponents into the defense and defeat them from that point on. Or even better, right from the opening.

Around one month into playing and training with this setup i got intrigued by R9, because i was another sheet into LAC because i had some more light bubbling. Especially around the upper edges.
So i ordered R9 for the offseason around mid-december.
A week after that i got an E-Mail from Sérgio (SDC) that he is ready to build my blade i ordered some while ago.
Some things got changed, and we got the setup we hoped that suit me best.
For those of you, who loved playing Cyberpunk 2077 as much as i did - please dont wet your pants ;)

Beside the sexy handle, we made the bh a bit stiffer and harder, and the fh softer.
The plan to strengthen my bh and "help" me restraining my fh a bit, because i usually put too much force into my strokes anyway.

Either way, the current state is the following:
My fh is something to be feared by everyone. Sadly, myself included. No kidding, the moment i unload my fh attack, either my opponent thinks "the heck happened" or i am cursing myself for why i did that. There is rarely anything in between. I must admit though the main issues lies within myself. Too often i am in the position to see my opponent launching an attack and i have way too much time to react. In that time i get everything ready to strike, so my feet, legs, hip, upper body arm put everything into the stroke and that usually sends everything flying. Room for error: 0,1... probably. At most.

My bh however got improved by that change more than i could imagine. Flicks go way wider than before (on the table), are way more stable and feel way better, more natural. Initiating finishing strokes (Lin Shidong-stlye) feel manageable now.

Another thing i have to address is the R9. While the LAC works really well on the blade, i have the feeling that the R9 even reinforce the issues mentioned above. The rubber is faster and more dynamic than the LAC.
I saw Gans review of the rubber and i can confirm almost every point he made, besides the arc, although i am not sure if he doesnt mean a different thing with that word.
For me the arc is not shorter than the H3. More so the R9 feels as if it has a wider trajectory. Maybe we can say that the R9 has a slightly lower arc but definitly not a shorter arc than the H3 BS imo.
Therefore my current plan is to learn to restrain my fh (technique) a bit and make better use of the gained speed. Either way i have a great setup, with which i can grow now.
FH is a budget H3 national bs with a little tradeoff and so is the LAC - a slightly weaker D09c. And my blade is as cool and weird as i feel and maybe am xD

One more thing. With the current setup i played 3 season matches and got new all-time-highs (TTR-wise) from week to week. The issues my gameplay have become clearer by the day and give me more more to focus on in my training.

So in order to credit and because this is some kind of a review, i need to tag: @hipnotic
Also @longle simply because i probably wont be able to come back to Moon Blue 12 as soon as i have hoped for^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Thats a really cool handle!
It was interesting to read the logic behind your changes & how you approach the issues that appear.

For the FH why dont you try R9 without additional boosting? Anyways my Guess its probably mainly a timing & contact/brushing issue.
When you say restrain what do you mean? More compact strokes? Hitting with less force/acceleration?

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
Thats a really cool handle!
It was interesting to read the logic behind your changes & how you approach the issues that appear.

For the FH why dont you try R9 without additional boosting? Anyways my Guess its probably mainly a timing & contact/brushing issue.
When you say restrain what do you mean? More compact strokes? Hitting with less force/acceleration?

I did and i probably will return to it unboosted. The difference is negligible though. Boosting does have an affect on the rubber, but the change over all is bigger than any layer of boosting can do.

Maybe i find a decent footage of that too, so i can show you what i mean.

I speak mostly about countertopspinning. And doing that can be done by only using your upper body or only the arm movement. If i expect the attack i reflexive use everything and therefore use way too much force.
That might be needed in an ongoing rallye some meters away from the table, but these shots are rarely an issue for me.
Maybe i will address this with some clips of me doing that crap, but the issue is coming up around 2-3 times a match, so currently i have bigger technqiues to adjust and master that are important.
The rise in speed is just something i have to get used to either way.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
That's beautiful ! I love Cuberpunk2077, just finished the new DLC :ROFLMAO: now you made me tempting to try the R9, since I don't know how long will the Xuperman Powerplay will be in stock.

Now's a good time to buy it. Only 560k VND on Lazada after vouchers. I just bought one.

• Wow
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
Rxton 9. Much cheaper on Lazada now compared to aliexpress.
Actually disgusting. For me the R9 price is floating between 42-over 50€. Still cheaper than provincial bs h3 but with 50€ not that much anymore.
If that increase keeps up, i will probably have to reconsider the decision of using R9 on fh. Maybe i have to copy longle and go for Bloom power. Or go back to Battle 2...

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Actually disgusting. For me the R9 price is floating between 42-over 50€. Still cheaper than provincial bs h3 but with 50€ not that much anymore.
If that increase keeps up, i will probably have to reconsider the decision of using R9 on fh. Maybe i have to copy longle and go for Bloom power. Or go back to Battle 2...
Come visit us in Vietnam and stock up. Bloom Power was on sale for $10 on Lazada too but I was too late for that.

Reactions: Attitude