Rakza 7 soft MAX VS Tibhar Evo EL-S 1.9 on BH ?

This user has no status.
Hi

Now my BH is Mantra M 1.9 sponge 45 degree. It felt no dwell time , very high speed , medium throw angle , easy to drill heavy spin butt low control .
I have used Rakza 7 soft 2 years ago sponge and topsheet are soft , high spin , easy control butt I never try Tibhar Evo EL-S . I read many review sound good. Which one should on my BH ?

PL . My blade is Jun Mizutani ZLC

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
concerning El-s it depends what you expect from the rubber. personally it has a great "feeling" on composite blades. I can feel the ball sinking into the rubber quite well while not getting mushy.
however el-s is a matter of taste.
Compared to the Mantra M id say the catapult isnt as prominent and the rubber is not as fast. i cant tell if there are differences in dwell because i only hit a few times with the mantra M.

I personally think that El-s is a great backhand rubber but it has its flaws. active blocking is great. you can punch the balls with a lower arc and if pressured you dont have to close your bat angle as much. that effect is very obvious when switching from el-s to vega pro and the other way around. passive blocking however is delicate. i think when the sponge isnt engaged the ball flys into the net (which is a key difference when playing with tenergy05 to which this rubber was compared alot). Thats why id recommend to spinblock most balls for more safety.
short game pushing needs a little attention.

So all in all you need a solid technique to get the El-s going but then it is a powerful backhand rubber. I would suggest this rubber to players who like to have a harder rubber on backhand (around 47.5 degree) while retaining good control.

So in your case Id say either test the el-s first or go with the rakza soft which ive never played. Also you couldgo for fx-s instead of el-s for more control and less power. But thats only what ive read without having played that rubber.

My impressions are are about a 2.1mm El-S

Last edited:
Reactions: shat1478