Rakza Z vs Golden Tango PS vs Nittaku Sieger PK50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Hi

I am choosing between Rakza Z and golden tango ps for my backhand.
I want to play short game and flick opener well on my backhand. Any suggestion between the 2?

Also what's the difference between Rakza Z 2.0 and max? I often don't find comparison of the thickness. Is there a general guideline? Should I go for 2.0 for more control, catapult?

Thanks in advance.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Regarding thickness you will need to take into consideration your blade and how early you want to hit into it at higher impacts. Some people find control with increased sponge (normally through what they feel to be more topspin generating potential) whilst others find control through topsheet and blade (linear ball trajectory or directness from thinner sponge).

I think either way you will need to experiment with what works best for you depending on your technique.

If you are a beginner or intermediate you probably won’t be impacting the ball that hard on backhand, so I think it will boil down to how fast you can handle the particular rubber in its 2.0 vs Max form and/or total racket weight balance.

Reactions: BersaKAIN
This user has no status.
Rakza Z has a way better arc, way more linear and predictable speed for the user. Better spin capabilities and just doesnt behave so weird as nextlevel already mentioned.
Rakza Z is a way better rubber for bh, the only reason i went away from it, was their huge price increase, but it is still an overall way better rubber.
Even for FH you can just pick the extra hard version and again, you have a better rubber for fh^^

Reactions: BersaKAIN
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Thanks all for the feedback!

It sounds like Rakza Z is better fit for me since it's slower and less bouncy. And people are also liking it more on BH. Hopefully it can save me some points in receiving.

Nittaku Sieger PK 50 also come into sight. How does it compare to Rakza Z? I am asking because on tt11 Rakza Z is out of stock.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Pk 50 Sieger is the only one available in less than 2.0mm. PK50 Sieger is slower and less catapulty than rakza Z. So it is pretty spinny but controlled in speed.

Rakza Z is on a shortage for several months already. You can still buy it from nishohi in Japan. They ship to Europe in less than a week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Pk 50 Sieger is the only one available in less than 2.0mm. PK50 Sieger is slower and less catapulty than rakza Z. So it is pretty spinny but controlled in speed.

Rakza Z is on a shortage for several months already. You can still buy it from nishohi in Japan. They ship to Europe in less than a week
Even better! Sounds like PK50 is easier to control?
Maybe I need to test how much catapult I can handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Joola Tango PS = ESN-bouncy sponge with chinese tacky topsheet.
Rakza Z = sponge halfway between modern bouncy and chinese hard, topsheet normal european topsheet with some added tackiness.

The result is similar but approach to hybridness different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Even better! Sounds like PK50 is easier to control?
Maybe I need to test how much catapult I can handle.
on low impact shots you have next to no catapult and you will need some time to adjust to that. If you are weak and have bad endurance that might not be for you. On the other side you can place balls extremely short with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
on low impact shots you have next to no catapult and you will need some time to adjust to that.

Is it on PK50? That's great, I think that's what I am looking for. I really like H3 like short game. Currently I am using Nittaku H3 turbo orange and I feel it's great for short game. But it's too hard and heavy for my backhand.

Looks like PK50 has a similar short game but also give you some power with catapult with med or high contact.

Thanks for the comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Is it on PK50? That's great, I think that's what I am looking for. I really like H3 like short game. Currently I am using Nittaku H3 turbo orange and I feel it's great for short game. But it's too hard and heavy for my backhand.

Looks like PK50 has a similar short game but also give you some power with catapult with med or high contact.

Thanks for the comparison.
Don't know about Nittaku H3 but aren't the ESN options typically heavier than the Hurricanes?

Another option for you might be Hurricane 8-80. It is somewhat similar to Rakza Z. Different feel but easy transition. The red 8-80:s seems to be out of stock in most shops though....

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Don't know about Nittaku H3 but aren't the ESN options typically heavier than the Hurricanes?

Another option for you might be Hurricane 8-80. It is somewhat similar to Rakza Z. Different feel but easy transition. The red 8-80:s seems to be out of stock in most shops though....
Nittaku h3 turbo orange is really heavy, mine is 84g uncut. I heard the turbo blue is even heavier.

Yeah, H8-80 is out of stock on tt11.

Reactions: kapahoo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Here is a little short video that I just uploaded to show the difference of bounciness between PK50 and Rakza Z. Left PK50 2.0mm on HL-5, right Rakza Z 2.0mm on W968 provincial.
Thanks for making the effort! So slightly less bouncy from PK50.

I will probably try the pk50 given the current shortage of Rakza Z and PK50 also more suitable for beginner - intermediate . I guess I just need a all-around rubber that I can feel confident to improve on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
So I've used the PK50 for about two months now and can give an update. When new the PK50 is very tacky. It will hold a ball for about a second. As it wears the tackiness goes away but slowly. The grip will slowly diminsh as the speed goes up. It doesn't drop off like Dragon Grip where one day it's grippy then the next day it's gone. There is a slow ramp down where it slowly drops off. That's why people say it lasts longer. However still not the same as new. When it's new I can rip heavy top spins and almost unreturnable serves. As it wears the spin degrades. You can actually see the wear on the rubber. It's slightly glossy when it's new and the gloss slowly fades and becomes flat. When the tack goes away it's still grippy so it becomes more mechanical instead of tack. Just not as sticky.