Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Got to give ZJK credit though - he is a big game player, no doubt. The way he dug that one out - well, respect to him. That was one match I thought the chinese were going down. Never seen LGL so worried... the chinese big wigs in the crowd were not impressed, they will make LGL or ZJK pay for raising thier blood pressure...

as long as results are provided, cant see anything like that happening. CNT has changed mentality especially after cai zhenhua took charge. I really like your descriptions about the chinese though, hilarious :p

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The South Korean team still lack of depth, why they still play JOO Saehyuk? Shouldn't he retire?

Ma Long gets the easy part, it's Zhang Jike who did all the labour :) lol

The South Korean team still lack of depth, why they still play JOO Saehyuk? Shouldn't he retire?

BECAUSE IF ZJK VS JOO =INJURED AND OUT LOLZ , ML IS PHYSICALLY FIT TO DO THE JOB LOLZ :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
BECAUSE IF ZJK VS JOO =INJURED AND OUT LOLZ , ML IS PHYSICALLY FIT TO DO THE JOB LOLZ :p

joo has won over ZJK only one time in hungary open 2012. the CNT know him like the back of their hands, no way he could win over anyone today, XX especially

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

they are fine imho, youngsik and sang su are great. it also seemed weird to me that he used joo sae hyuk in singles but what else to do. maybe hoping taht if young won over ZJK and then win the doubles and joo vs zhang in the decider.

but then again LGL can avoid this by putting ZJK and XX in doubles so XX plays with JOO and ends the deal . I think joo has never won against XX not even in chinese super league

p.s. bear in mind that jang woojin didnt manage to qualify for olympics , he is world junior champ and beated ZJK two times. so korea looks promising for the future

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Joo is the weakest point in the South Korean team. With his playing style, I don't see how he can beat any top Chinese player nowadays. I didn't time it but I guess the duration of this match is just one third of the 1st one.

Match #2 just lasted for 16 minutes, about 1/3 of the match #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pricey 11
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Joo is the weakest point in the South Korean team. With his playing style, I don't see how he can beat any top Chinese player nowadays. I didn't time it but I guess the duration of this match is just one third of the 1st one.

So true they've practiced over and over with his clone already that there's little he can do they haven't already seen or not already well prepared for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
putting joo in doubles would be even more hopeless. so not much they could do. olympic rules are prohibiting other teams also not just china. in wtttc 2016 jang woojin played instead of joo, so it was practically impossible to pick jang woojin because of seedings. The federation can deny the invitation of joo though, probably let him play because he is about to retire also

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
they are fine imho, youngsik and sang su are great. it also seemed weird to me that he used joo sae hyuk in singles but what else to do. maybe hoping taht if young won over ZJK and then win the doubles and joo vs zhang in the decider.

but then again LGL can avoid this by putting ZJK and XX in doubles so XX plays with JOO and ends the deal . I think joo has never won against XX not even in chinese super league

p.s. bear in mind that jang woojin didnt manage to qualify for olympics , he is world junior champ and beated ZJK two times. so korea looks promising for the future
These young S. Korean players will play along the FAN Zhendong generation for many years to come.

Last edited:
As interesting as the Singles Event was, as boring is the Team Event. Which was in all fairness to be expected. Chinajust too strong, Germany again really dissapointing (especially Boll). Like someone said their technique(Boll & Stegers)is not strong enough. Portugal didn't deliver, which was a shame. I really like Mizutani though. Really enjoying to watch, GREAT footwork and power from both sides. Hopefully, the final will deliver some spectacle, till now it has been really dull and yawningly boring.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
putting joo in doubles would be even more hopeless. so not much they could do. olympic rules are prohibiting other teams also not just china. in wtttc 2016 jang woojin played instead of joo, so it was practically impossible to pick jang woojin because of seedings. The federation can deny the invitation of joo though, probably let him play because he is about to retire also
May you please elaborate that part of Olympic rule(s) about the player restrictions... IS it all about a team consists only three players (for the team event) while each NOC can only send two players at most for the singles competitions??

Btw I notice it seems there's no rigid rule about which players to be fielded in the singles, it's all up to each team's decision who they will play as single #1 & #2 and so on (not strictly based on the World Ranking)...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
May you please elaborate that part of Olympic rule(s) about the player restrictions... IS it all about a team consists only three players (for the team event) while each NOC can only send two players at most for the singles competitions??

Btw I notice it seems there's no rigid rule about which players to be fielded in the singles, it's all up to each team's decision who they will play as single #1 & #2 and so on (not strictly based on the World Ranking)...

3 players only per team ( 2 of them are the men's singles and of course the ITTF rankings are also a factor tha causes some restrictions as for who is going for team and who for singles) is a form of restriction if you ask me, especially when korea and japan have players like jang woojin and yuya oshima who can challenge the chinese much more than koki niwa or joo sae huyk.

So It would be wise if the team event was more "free" somehow. Im not saying that jang or oshima would have very good chances to beat CNT but they definitely have better chances than koki or joo which the CNT players are so familiar with for years. I bet they didnt see youngsik coming that strong

So even if china is allowed to have 4 or 5 players it does not make a difference because other countries will have their strong players also. with the 3 player limitation, oshima and woojin were out of the equation. There is also masataka morizono, who cannot do much in singles but in doubles is really great

So to wrap it up its better if more players are allowed cause you let other countries mix things up , the CNT has top 5 players anyway, but when you cut down to 3 they are even more strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: samsara
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

So you really wanted him to use Joo in doubles? Joo was the 3rd highest rated Korean and was selected over Jang Woojin. And for good reason too - Joo has not lost a singles match yet IIRC. The team is designed to give people trouble and accept that it makes no difference vs. the Chinese.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
3 players only per team ( 2 of them are the men's singles and of course the ITTF rankings are also a factor tha causes some restrictions as for who is going for team and who for singles) is a form of restriction if you ask me, especially when korea and japan have players like jang woojin and yuya oshima who can challenge the chinese much more than koki niwa or joo sae huyk.

So It would be wise if the team event was more "free" somehow. Im not saying that jang or oshima would have very good chances to beat CNT but they definitely have better chances than koki or joo which the CNT players are so familiar with for years. I bet they didnt see youngsik coming that strong

So even if china is allowed to have 4 or 5 players it does not make a difference because other countries will have their strong players also. with the 3 player limitation, oshima and woojin were out of the equation. There is also masataka morizono, who cannot do much in singles but in doubles is really great

So to wrap it up its better if more players are allowed cause you let other countries mix things up , the CNT has top 5 players anyway, but when you cut down to 3 they are even more strong.

Keep making up things. Those guys did not qualify by ranking for singles, but for the team, those guys could have been selected as the third players if their teams really wanted them. Everyone sent their best team. We saw how Oshima choked vs Sam Walker.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Keep making up things. Those guys did not qualify by ranking for singles, but for the team, those guys could have been selected as the third players if their teams really wanted them. Everyone sent their best team. We saw how Oshima choked vs Sam Walker.

didnt make anything up. i stated that the federations could deny invitations. and of course you can fix your team both singles and team if u want to like the chinese did by not sending anyone in the 2nd stage of the qualifiers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
So you really wanted him to use Joo in doubles? Joo was the 3rd highest rated Korean and was selected over Jang Woojin. And for good reason too - Joo has not lost a singles match yet IIRC. The team is designed to give people trouble and accept that it makes no difference vs. the Chinese.

No, I said in another post that Joo in doubles would be even more hopeless.