Russia Open 2012 - ITTF World Tour

Who will win Men Singles at Russia Open 2012??

• Andrej Gacina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexey Smirnov

• Joao Monteiro

• Kirill Skachkov

• Alexandar Karakasevic

• Other (post below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
as i said.

hahaha yeah seriously. I really hope they let him play in more international tournaments. His potential is huge. He is definitely quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. He has such powerful shots, which combined with his above average height, at least for a Chinese player, could allow him to go far. His backhand is very impressive, and has so much power behind it that it really allows him a great opener from the short game into the mid range game. Often once he opens with it, he gets an easy forehand smash to follow it because his opponent has no way of hitting back his powerful backhand except to just block it back, and because of the power of his shot, the block always ends up pretty high, perfect to forehand smash.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I really think that with some more development, Zhou Yu could become a left handed version of Zhang Jike, except with even greater potential

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
a win for xx, as predicted. made it hard for himself though didnt he? :p
zhou yu was impresive, i see him doing things in the future if given chances.
i have to admit, this is the second pro tour in a row where yuto muramatsu has really impressed me. i know zhou yu beat him comfortably, but Yuto is only 15 and to reach a semi final and then a quarter final on the pro tour is unbelievably impressive, even Joo sometimes doesnt get to the quarters in them now.
also, the fact he attacks often with the backhand is verypromising, i think when he gets older and stronger he is going to be a real problem as his forehand will be more destructive. I see him being top 10-20 in the world, maybe better. japan have done well this time! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
hahaha yeah seriously. I really hope they let him play in more international tournaments. His potential is huge. He is definitely quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. He has such powerful shots, which combined with his above average height, at least for a Chinese player, could allow him to go far. His backhand is very impressive, and has so much power behind it that it really allows him a great opener from the short game into the mid range game. Often once he opens with it, he gets an easy forehand smash to follow it because his opponent has no way of hitting back his powerful backhand except to just block it back, and because of the power of his shot, the block always ends up pretty high, perfect to forehand smash.

Yup. As I said earlier, the power on his loops are ridiculous, so many of his opponents were left walking to the barriers to pick up balls through this tournament. Even more incredible is that this was his first ever Pro Tour, and he didn't let the nerves get to him as he almost won the Final. Surprisingly, Yan An and Fang Bo, who both have a little more Pro Tour experience (though not much) couldn't make any noise against Xu. Zhou just rose to the top of my list, I think we'll be seeing plenty more of him in the future :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
a win for xx, as predicted. made it hard for himself though didnt he? :p
zhou yu was impresive, i see him doing things in the future if given chances.
i have to admit, this is the second pro tour in a row where yuto muramatsu has really impressed me. i know zhou yu beat him comfortably, but Yuto is only 15 and to reach a semi final and then a quarter final on the pro tour is unbelievably impressive, even Joo sometimes doesnt get to the quarters in them now.
also, the fact he attacks often with the backhand is verypromising, i think when he gets older and stronger he is going to be a real problem as his forehand will be more destructive. I see him being top 10-20 in the world, maybe better. japan have done well this time! :)

Yeah Yuto Muramatsu is becoming a great player.. It's sad though that he had to play two players who are great against defenders (Zhou Yu and Patrick Franziska). He and Koki Niwa could make a great team for Japan in the future.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ms-sf) XU Xin - FANG Bo [FULL/Short Form]

(
ms-final) XU Xin - ZHOU Yu [
FULL/Short Form]

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Thanks too Dan!!! :)
Here is also the Men's Doubles Final which I forgot to post it here the right moment.....

(
md-f) XU Xin / FANG Bo - YAN An / ZHOU Yu [Full Match/Short Form]