Shaanxi Provincial Team visit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey everybody.

I will be hosting Shaanxi Provincial Team - Head Coach, some VIPs and 2 players tomorrow and Monday.

Tomorrow night we will have a closed training session / social night.
Monday evening we will have a "Tony's Table Tennis Frienship Evening", with Tony's Table Tennis Team (2 teams with 6 South African national TT players) vs Shaanxi Provincial Team (2 teams with 2 pros, 2 coaches (former players) and 2 social players (social player can play too) ).
A SF will follow by a Final and an evening of FUN table tennis.

Will post photos and videos as quickly as I can - stay tuned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So 8 visitors:

2 current provincial players
2 former provincial players (coaches now)
1 Vice Chair of Shaanxi Province
1 Head Coach of Shaanxi Province
2 x guest of Shaanxi (VVIPs)

Conclusion.... watching these guys, playing with these guys....I feel like a noob

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is great! Well done setting this up for your club Tony! Fantastic work! Looking forward to some pics and videos!

Enjoy the experience! :)

Thanks Dan
Another 20 mins to go for the video file.

Big night is tomorrow.
Around 200 spectators and 4 teams (2 from Shaanxi and 2 representing Tony's Table Tennis).
I guess my holiday can only start from Tuesday lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Looks awesome, there is such a good buzz when such great players visit, we had Shandong provincial players here 2 weeks ago and the vibe was amazing! :) Good luck with the proceedings Tony! :)

Thanks Boss
The atmosphere was so great.
The high level opponents allowed our players to play they best. Its 2 days since the event and all of them still have body pain every where, but Shaanxi is not limping and doing siteseeing lol - now they in Dubai

The Shaanxi guys was great too, very sportsmanship play. The main guys didn't play at they level and didn't make the point gap too big.
They put "social" players to play 2 singles, so to give us a good chance of taking it to the last match (5 match scorecard and first to 3 wins)

I was told that we are lucky that one of the Shaanxi female choppers didn't come this time round.
Last Dec, she chopped up the Egyptian mens team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Amazing coverage! It looks like your doing an amazing job Tony with your club! Looks like a great buzz in the halls! A good turn out of people watching to! :)

Haha, thanks Dan.

Sad thing, I don't have a club yet.
I wish one day, I can have my own or access to a full time centre.

At the moment, I'm running around using other people's clubs, and some times coaching at peoples home.
The main club I'm coaching at is on a 2 months holiday (during the main school holiday) and only available from Feb 2014.
In fact 90% of the clubs here is not open during this time - interesting hey?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm just so busy recently.
Couldn't continue sorting out the videos.

But here is a nice photo. I took a mini cricket bad and made it "legal"

Cricket bat.jpg