Something to think about regarding technique

says what [IMG]
My grip is deep, and I touch with pretty much only the tip. It's more comfortable and gives better control.

Someone who has a more neutral grip lower on the handle might want to use the entire finger, especially if they have a more forehand biased grip. My grip is what you'd call "backhand biased" with the near horizontal index finger and deep grip, so I like using the fingertip.

says what [IMG]
Timo Boll notorious for using the whole finger up on the rubber when forehand pushing. So it is easy to overdo things like this which are pretty personal. I have my own opinions as well, but as long as Danny Seemiller does not know how to hold a paddle, that is what they are.

It's not wrong per se, to have a strange and non-conventional style for details like this. I think we all do some things a bit "strangely" to great success.

If it was all fundamentally wrong, people like Seemiller, or Boll, or Hasegawa or even Jean Alesi from F1 would have never had any success.

On the topic of Alesi, he held the wheel very high, more than 2 and 10.

3 and 9 is considered by many people the only way to drive a racecar with any kind of efficiency. A world class driver with a 3 and 9 grip can turn into absolute rubbish if they have an improper grip or steer in an otherwise improper way. The tolerances are far lower than table tennis and even having your body slightly badly positioned in the seat can cost you pole position, or the race.

Although Alesi never won a championship, and only won once in his F1 career, it's still arguable if that's due to his steering method or because he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time for his entire career.

It can't be argued that he wasn't a top notch driver, and you couldn't see any faults with his steering, regardless of his terrible way of gripping the wheel.

If Jean Alesi could get to such a high level doing something so fundamentally wrong and Seemiller probably still doesn't know how the bat is held, then we really shouldn't worry how many square millimeters of our finger is in contact with the bat, and if it's wrong or not, as long as it works.

Using full body to do a FH loop generates more acceleration on the ball ,( knee's waist shoulderss arm and wrist all rotating smae time. and it is much easier to lift heavy back spin. you can try doing your flicking agaisnt heavy topspin without the use of your waist and legs and it's much harder.