Soulspin air pressure

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hello,

i found this on the soulspin webside

What do you guys think?
Will anybody try something like this?

I could be a healty alternative to boosting if it works.

• Wow
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
Arnold_Schwarzenegger_-_Terminator_2,_T-800_con_Minigun.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
In theory it is a good idea. It is the air/gas pockets in the sponge that are springy. The question I have is if the air can get in then what keeps it from getting out?

Do you need to keep adjusting your strokes as the air effect wears out or equalizes.
A what rate does the air equalize? This depends on the sponge, but if the effect only lasts a few minutes then why bother?

I looked at the video. They didn't show the results. If would have been good to show a change in the thickness of the rubber or a difference the COR (speed and/or spin).

I think it i a waste of money but if you go through many bottles of booster then this may be a cheaper option in the long run. I just think the whole idea is a scam.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
The recent customer reviews of this soulspin airbox roused my interest. Supposedly, it helps boost Butterfly Tenergy rubbers and DHS H3 rubbers which are the most expensive rubbers on the market. Being able to revive the sponge whenever you want and avoid boosters which damage sponge at a price of 1.5x of one of these rubbers is a good proposition.

Quotes from the website:

"I have a ca 9 years old Tenergy 05 MAX on a racket not played by me so the surface is practically new – only unplayable because sponge completely hard. (Is also the weak point of the Tenergy – sponge wears off very quickly) After about 3 days in the box (still mounted on the blade) at 25-30 Psi I removed the rubber and it feels super elastic and soft and is about 5mm LARGER than before. Previously blade size S Soulspin and then I glued the rubber completely on a Stiga. And it plays great – like new."

"The box works on Hurrican! works on Hurrican! works on Hurrican!(Roaring…)
About 1.5 bar for a night, 2 times per week would get significant effect.
The refresh effect is stronger than most boosters while weaker than speed glues. For guys who use Hurrican above 40 degree, the box would enchance the trajectory thus reduce the chance to drop the ball."

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
SWINDLERS LOVE BOOBEY VERY MUCH.

Definitions of "mountebank":
-- a flamboyant deceiver; one who attracts customers with tricks or jokes.
synonyms: charlatan.

Do you remember the pressure box by Butterfly designed allegedly to prevent speed glue from exhausting? Charlatans will always be flourishing amongst the boobey.

GO AND PUMP UP YOUR RUBBER TO 6 мм THICK. It only cost you €100.

Again, the aforementioned Soulspin product seems a shameful plagiarizm after dr. Neubauer,'s. Does it not?? 🤧🤧🤧

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The recent customer reviews of this soulspin airbox roused my interest. Supposedly, it helps boost Butterfly Tenergy rubbers and DHS H3 rubbers which are the most expensive rubbers on the market. Being able to revive the sponge whenever you want and avoid boosters which damage sponge at a price of 1.5x of one of these rubbers is a good proposition.

Quotes from the website:

"I have a ca 9 years old Tenergy 05 MAX on a racket not played by me so the surface is practically new – only unplayable because sponge completely hard. (Is also the weak point of the Tenergy – sponge wears off very quickly) After about 3 days in the box (still mounted on the blade) at 25-30 Psi I removed the rubber and it feels super elastic and soft and is about 5mm LARGER than before. Previously blade size S Soulspin and then I glued the rubber completely on a Stiga. And it plays great – like new."

"The box works on Hurrican! works on Hurrican! works on Hurrican!(Roaring…)
About 1.5 bar for a night, 2 times per week would get significant effect.
The refresh effect is stronger than most boosters while weaker than speed glues. For guys who use Hurrican above 40 degree, the box would enchance the trajectory thus reduce the chance to drop the ball."
That's a load of crap. Rubber dries put and degrades over time, both the topsheet and sponge would be done after 10 years. It may have some effect, but it won't play like new.

Reactions: blahness
It may work for some rubbers. You pressurize the air bubbles to get a higher catapult. Why not… The effect should wear off pretty quick though.
No chemical involvement so it must be perfectly legal…

Cheers
L-zr