says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Jedi, you liked the very thing that attracted me to Calibra LT in the first place - the ability to counter topspin.

Der Echte - I still have not found anything that loops, and counterloops, with the same pace, power and spin like Calibra LT - well boosted of course

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Unboosted Calibra LT that i used on the TBS was simply the bomb of high gear counter-looping from mid distance. Nothing I ever tried approaches this quality. That is what initially attracted me to Calibra LT. I can manage the other shots OK enough with Calibra LT, but after a while, I realized that landing a few more shots on my other strokes has more value. Not all shots in a rally are counter looping shots in my sorry-azz level of div 2 city or Div 3 national. Therefore after I used Aurus on Fh a week, I knew I found my FH rubber to kick Tenergy to the curb. I have used it sucessfully over one year on Fh wing.

Even though my test hit with Tour was very brief, I was impressed. It had ALMOST Calibra power on counterloops, but it had feel and control on other shots.

If Nexy TAK9.com were to toss me a sheet of it to use for a tourney, I'd use it and not have to adjust too much. For now, I have plenty of Aurus left (even bought a couple more sheets) and and seeing how Evolution EL-X is working out on FH. So far, it is every bit as good as Aurus and sounds/feels a tick better. If I didn't (pretty sure I have though) mention it before, Nexy TAK9.com is the Korea distributor for Stiga, as well as Tibhar. MOST of my Jerseys are from Tibhar, but I have a couple Stiga kits I wear that look great.

I am mainly a Tibhar pimp, but I speak my mind. As many of Nexy blades I have tested and posted reviews, TBS has forever ben my main blade with right now a temporary spell of long term testing the M. Maze. I will likely use the Tibhar Inca or Nexy Arirang in the upcoming National Open tourneys in the next few months with reviews of course.

I think that internet forums are great for connecting and sharing data, opinions, experience, and teaching. Impossible to do on 1/10 this level a 10-20 years ago.

I think that many veteran TT forum posters know pretty well who is for real and who is pimping their sponsors a bit.

I think that there cannot be enough of reviews.

Reviewing a product is fun and it also causes the reviewer to actually think what is important and articulate that in an understandble and meaningful way special to us TT Warriors.

Drive on Dan, you good people and this is a good site. I post on many TT forums with this name and also BH-Man on some others. If your site was garbage, Many of us wouldn't be around here. Haggisv also has a great site too. There is a lot of quality in our TT world.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
What´s the hardness of the Tour S like? I´m afraid the S will be too soft while the M might be too hard. I´m looking for something medium-soft on my backhand- it shouldn´t be harder than medium.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
This user has no status.
I have changed my equipment during my days in the WTTC. Now I play with Calibra Tour, M in the FH and S in the BH. Also I changed my blade, now I play with Stigal Clipper Wood. The combination is great, especially I'm very happy with the BH (short game, block, topspin).
Regarding Tour M in the FH is quite fast and very spinny but I need more days of training with it as I used to play with T05.

This user has no status.
What´s the hardness of the Tour S like? I´m afraid the S will be too soft while the M might be too hard. I´m looking for something medium-soft on my backhand- it shouldn´t be harder than medium.

S is like 37º, I have it in my BH and I am very happy, but maybe in your case you should go for M.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
I used to play with Tenergy on my BH and FH. Now I have also tried out the Calibra Tour rubbers and at the beginning it seemed that they cant replace Tenergy but now i have played with them about one week and I am starting to enjoy them.
My game is based on speed and mainly to my FH, with BH I play a little bit softer game. So To my FH I chose soft sponge Calibra Tour S, and to my BH Calibra TOur M which is medium-hard sponged rubber.
With The Calibra Tour S on my FH I can generate just as much as speed as I need and at the same time it has a perfect control in any game situation.
As my BH is not so reliable, I was looking for a rubber with good control. THe numbers say that Tour S has better control than Tour M, which is in my BH. But i cant make any difference. Tour M is very secure on my BH.
What is more, I enjoy the sound of the rubbers. Its the same sound that was before the speed glue ban.
So , i recommend to players , who have the same style as me also the same combination of rubbers that I play.
And I really reccommend to try out to everyone the Calibra Tour rubbers. From here you can get it with a good prize aswell. http://www.pingpong.ee/pood/2-Rubbers/2-Stiga

Reactions: Dan
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nexy.com gave me a free sheet of the Hard "H" version of Stiga Calibra Tour.

I water glued it to the M. Maze and I really did not like it. I promptly took it off and gave it to one of our KFTTC aces Ming along with a new Calix II blade. He will test it our and post results himself or thorough me. Nexy president wanted me to play the upcoming tourney with this, but since M. Maze is now disabled due to a club member walking into the path of my swing in a match, I am using a flexy ALL+/OFF- blade and on that one, Tibhar Evolution EL-P is working out too good to pass up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Hey guys, I will try out the Calibra Tour M Rubber on BTY Innerforce AL. If someone wants me to compare it with other rubbers, tell me with which ones! Then I will Write my own review.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Dan,
is the Calibra Tour M good for playing Topspin against backspin? How high is the arc?

I found it good against backspin as the rubber has a little softness to it so heavy backspin balls were quite easy for me to spin. In the video you can see there is a lot of throw on the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
simple comparison between new calibras tour and calibras lt

I found it good against backspin as the rubber has a little softness to it so heavy backspin balls were quite easy for me to spin. In the video you can see there is a lot of throw on the ball.

Between new calibras tour and calibras lt which produces more spin?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Between new calibras tour and calibras lt which produces more spin?

Hey buddy, I am not to sure as I have not used Calibra LT much so I cannot compare. I doubt the rubbers have to much of a difference in spin.

Welcome to the site! :)

This user has no status.
After a month trying calibra tour m in my FH with a clipper wood, I gave up, I did not feel confortable, my topspin was weak. I replace it for a xiom omega pro, which I knew already, and I have to say that it is a great combination. However I keep calibra tour s in my backhand. It is great, powerfull but with control in the short game. I must say that my current combo is what I have been looking for,,,,for a long time.