stiga ebe v vs infinity

This user has no status.
I'm a fan of Stiga blades and I have played extensively with Ebenholz V, Rosewood V, Clipper Wood and Intensity NCT, but never with Infinity. So, i can't give a direct answer to your initial question. If you would like some change but not definitely to Infinity, Intensity or Clipper Wood can give that extra control you desire.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you all for your answers.i will stick with the ebe v

The Evenholz V is really a better blade. So I think that is a good choice. The Infinity costs less. But it has a similarly hard top ply, but, really not as good quality of wood and the inner ply quality on E5 is better.

Also, this has happened to at least 12 people I know with Infinity, one was straight out of the box:
6d1dcecea2e210b08c00d93aa1d3cb6f.jpg

Wood should not delaminate like that. And when at least 12 people have this, and it didn't happen from play, that means something isn't quite right.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 3 reviews
The Evenholz V is really a better blade. So I think that is a good choice. The Infinity costs less. But it has a similarly hard top ply, but, really not as good quality of wood and the inner ply quality on E5 is better.

Also, this has happened to at least 12 people I know with Infinity, one was straight out of the box:

Wood should not delaminate like that. And when at least 12 people have this, and it didn't happen from play, that means something isn't quite right.

I had mine for 1+ years already.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
As the poster of that photo - it's my 10yo son's bat - I was pretty unhappy. However, the blade was replaced and the new one has been trouble free. There must have been a batch of bad Infinity VPS's. I doubt Stiga will ever publicly explain what the issue was but it looks like they resolved it.

It's a fantastic blade for a capable youngster moving up from a starter bat. Bags of feel, plenty of control and not so fast it does all the work. I would have thought it'd be a bit of a retrograde step from the Ebe though, unless you're wanting something slower? My son's near the top for his age in the country and it's been ideal for allowing him to develop his game. It seems to work well with the Omega V Pro rubbers. We're starting now to wonder if he should move to a Carbonado or Viscaria to give him the best chance to compete. His opponents all seem to be moving to top level equipment and I don't like the thought of him being disadvantaged by not having the same grade of weapon. What does anyone else think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hi joskelly if your son is comftable with his blade and can handle heavy spins from his age group. There is no need to worry about changing his blade for now, the most important thing is he learn early the proper technique in execution of skills offensive and defensively. Make your son play consistent on training, as early as now he must start to master his craft physical and mental toughness is very important. Knowledge about the game, table tennis is a question and answer as to which skill should be best use to answer an incoming ball. Proper timing footwork stability and body coordination. Good decision on his part as to what skill should be applied. Focus on this and im sure your son will be better on them having high level equips

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@ joskelly: I absolutely agree with Rajah.

By the way, your photo of the Infinity delaminating is the best one I have come across so I have used it several times.

I do hope your right that Stiga has fixed the problem with the Infinity but I somehow doubt it.

However, I am glad you got a good one.

I do think, if your kid is used to the blade there is no reason to change. It is more than fast enough and if he can spin the ball well with it, then he has good equipment.

This sport is much more about technique than equipment.

Options of something if he wanted a blade that gave him more spin would be something like what I am using. The OSP Virtuoso Plus is an offensive speed blade with a lot of feel, GREAT dwell time, a high throw angle, lots of control, and it would help him generate more spin than anything else I can think of; or, at least, anything else that is as fast. That would give him more of an advantage than any of those carbon blades which are a tiny bit faster but get way less spin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*