TableTennisDaily visit China STIGA Team 2015!

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Day 2 pictures

Here pictures taken from day 2 on the venture in China.

Players entering the gym

1chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Women's National Team listening to instructions from the Strength and Conditioning coach in the gym.

2chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Men's National Team listening to instructions from the Strength and Conditioning coach in the gym.

3chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Felix and Robin preparing footage for the documentary.

4chinatripp2015day2.jpg

4.1chinatripp2015day2.JPG

Behind the scenes quick fire questions with Xu Xin.

5chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Behind the scenes quick fire questions with Zhu Yuling.

6chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Behind the scenes quick fire questions with Fan Zhendong.

7.1chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This is the entrance to the complex where the Chinese National Team live.

7.2chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This restaurant 'Kadan' is right next to where the players live in Beijing and a lot of the players take their family there when they visit.

8chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Eating in the Kadan restaurant with the STIGA China team and STIGA's Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong. I have used chop sticks before however usually there was a knife and folk to rely on. Not in this case haha! I cannot actually believe the only time I was forced to use chop sticks was in front of Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin! It was funny on my failed attempts initially and the boys laughed out loud. I soon adapted! They are very humble guys.

9chinatripp2015day2.jpg

10chinatripp2015day2.jpg

The coach that takes the players to and from the Chinese National Team training complex. The building in the background are the rooms where the players live.

11chinatripp2015day2.jpg

The entrance to where the players live.

12chinatripp2015day2.jpg

In the Chinese National Team training hall, there is a huge cabinet with all their trophies won over the years. Here are some examples.

13chinatripp2015day2.jpg

History on the wall of many Chinese table tennis legends.

16chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This is one of the two training halls. This hall belongs to the A squad of the Chinese National Team. There are 24 tables. I will upload a video of me touring this floor soon.

17chinatripp2015day2.jpg

The entrance to the Beijing Province Club where the Chinese Super League and young members practice.

19chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This boy is top 5 in China under 13's. Me and Felix took him on in a match in a 1 game to 11 points. It was great fun.

20chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Pictures of the players practising in the Beijing Province Team. So much focus and hard work was taking place. The had no one talking except balls being hit a super speeds with crazy amounts of spin.

21chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This player was training 3 point forehand with 2 kilogram weights on his feet.

22chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This youngster had a backhand like Kreanga!

23chinatripp2015day2.jpg

23.1chinatripp2015day2.JPG

This is the entrance to a local club in Beijing, I had an awesome time in there. The atmosphere was amazing. I recommend all players to cisit if your ever in Beijing.

24chinatripp2015day2.jpg

25chinatripp2015day2.jpg

26chinatripp2015day2.jpg

I played against 5 different players in the hall. Most of them had short pimples of some kind. It was very difficult to play against the players were so consistent!

28chinatripp2015day2.jpg

I got owned during this drop shot!

29chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Myself and Felix were challenged in a doubles match.

30chinatripp2015day2.jpg

Haha the focus!

31chinatripp2015day2.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Wow, that's going to be a great experience for you guys. Really looking forward to reading your updates and evaluations. :D

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Wooww !! This is REALLY REALLY awesome !!
I can't wait to see the rest !
Thanks very much Dan (and all the team) for all this great work and this awesome footage !

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wooww !! This is REALLY REALLY awesome !!
I can't wait to see the rest !
Thanks very much Dan (and all the team) for all this great work and this awesome footage !

Hey John! Glad you like everything! It sure is amazing. I have to thank STIGA for this, what they have done here is totally awesome! The documentary is going to be fantastic, so much to look forward to and see.

very nice pictures Dan! Must be an awesome experience!

Perhaps I missed it earlier, but what's that on Zhendongs arm? Some kind of cooling to prevent injury or something?

Thanks @PingP0ng3r It's actually just ice but he has wrapped it around his arm very well with tape.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Have a good time Dan and Stiga team. When will the documentary be released?

Thanks @TTHopeful I think it will take some time to be released but I assure you it will amazing. i will know in the upcoming weeks of date of release :)

Gonna put such a trip on my bucket list :) Nice !!!!!!!!

You 100% should! It is all table tennis players dreams. it is table tennis everything in China! I will need a few days to let everything sink in :)

Whats the traffic like in Beijing?

If its like Hong Kong when i went, there is always cars on the road - Changing lanes last minute no indicator's etc - I'm sure you will be fine on your moped dan :)

Haha @spitfire the traffic is so crazy! Motorbikes, bikes, cars and padestrians are everywhere. every second a car has used his horn!

A lot of people use mopeds to travel around actually, I should join them :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Wow, looks like you guys had a really great learning experience there. And you managed to get into the national team training centre. Amazing.