Tenergy 05 vs Tenergy 64 backhand (plastic ball era)

This user has no status.
Hey,

I'm currently using MXP on both sides of Viscaria.

Looking to switch back to Tenergy, and I'm going to get T05 for forehand, however I'm not sure whether to get T05 vs T64 for backhand. I found T64 a little too fast on a TB ALC with the celluloid ball, but it should be OK.

Many of the pros have switched to T05 for the plastic ball and whilst I'm no pro, it seems T64 is not used as much as before.

If anyone has any experiences with T05 and T64 on the backhand using the plastic ball, please do comment below.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
I've been using T64 for backhand, and once it wears out, I'm switching to T05. Personally for me, the trajectory is a little too flat for the plastic ball especially since I like to do a lot of banana flips and it just makes it that much more difficult. And personally I prefer the harder feel of T05 for backhand. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I have the same problem IMO :( . But I personally think t64 will be better for me because I play with flexible blade and I will still generate a lot of spin + it won't be that fast like on TB ALC. I don't like T05 for backhand because it is not that good for blocks, the throw is harder and also it is with hardness which suits my forehand.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Before the plastic ball came around, I used the Bryce Speed with booster on the backhand.. Then I tried with the plastic ball, and it didn't give enough spin. So, I switched to T05, and it works perfectly. But it all depends on preferences, playing style and personal feel, so if you can, try both and go for the one you like.. If not, try one of them and if you ain't satisfied, try the other one next time you need a new rubber. It's not like you absolutely can't play with T64 if you like T05 better. The difference ain't THAT huge, so just go for one of them and give it a try :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Well I couldn't handle t05 and t05fx on my bh, by t64 was good. Probably because it's top sheet feels softer and even tho trajectory was flat I could control it and feel the ball better.

says Aging is a killer
Same rubber both sides everytime

Most amateurs good and ordinary that I've seen with Tenergy, have settled on a combination of T05/T05.
Many also use T05FX or T64 or T80 on their backhand. But of those that I've spoken to, almost all said that they would change back to T05 on BH when the present rubber wore out or when they could afford a new one. Other combinations have advantages over T05 in some situations but T05 beats them all for its basic allround capabilities on BH or FH.

However, I've also seen lots of MX-P and Joola Rhythm. Those players tell me that the T05 is great but using MX-P etc is much more cost effective. Reason being that although T05 is perceived to be the 'better' rubber, overall, use of either makes little or no difference to their results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beep-Beep
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Hey,

I'm currently using MXP on both sides of Viscaria.

Looking to switch back to Tenergy, and I'm going to get T05 for forehand, however I'm not sure whether to get T05 vs T64 for backhand. I found T64 a little too fast on a TB ALC with the celluloid ball, but it should be OK.

Many of the pros have switched to T05 for the plastic ball and whilst I'm no pro, it seems T64 is not used as much as before.

If anyone has any experiences with T05 and T64 on the backhand using the plastic ball, please do comment below.

Hi, this is a random question, but how do you like viscaria with MX-P on both sides? i plan on getting this set up, but i have never used this set up before.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Most amateurs good and ordinary that I've seen with Tenergy, have settled on a combination of T05/T05.
Many also use T05FX or T64 or T80 on their backhand. But of those that I've spoken to, almost all said that they would change back to T05 on BH when the present rubber wore out or when they could afford a new one. Other combinations have advantages over T05 in some situations but T05 beats them all for its basic allround capabilities on BH or FH.

However, I've also seen lots of MX-P and Joola Rhythm. Those players tell me that the T05 is great but using MX-P etc is much more cost effective. Reason being that although T05 is perceived to be the 'better' rubber, overall, use of either makes little or no difference to their results.

I think this is true. If you are used to MX-P, and like the feel, it's not obvious T05 would be better for you. But if you do go with Tenergy, using a Viscaria, definitely go with T05 and not T64.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think T64 is just a bit too fast on composite blades.

This user has no status.
T64 being a (relatively) lower throw rubber with the cell ball would be even lower with the plastic one since the new ball doesnt spin as well. I imagine a t80 would play closer to a t64 with the slightly increased throw to counter the lowered spin aspect of the ball. By that logic, i would guess a t05 plays more like a t80 with the newer ball, but i dont have first hand experience to confirm.

Last edited: