Tenergy 19 vs Dignics 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi was just wondering what the differences between these 2 rubbers are in terms of:

Sponge Hardness (ESN)
Speed
Spin
Control

Also how would they play on a Ovtcharov ALC blade.
Finally something I can help in.
I am currently playing t19 and I used to have d05 on an innerforce blade. Both were played on bh. Do not know how to convert japanese sponge hardness to esn, but t19 is 36/37jap and d05 is 40jap if I remember correctly? t19 is decently fast, a tiny bit slower than t05. d05 gives you more speed if you put more into it. t19 is easier to lift backspin and stay in the rally. d05 is way spinnier if you put more into it but you need to be quite precise. Control I would say t19 and d05 isnt that good for passive blocking imo. And short game of d05 sucks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi was just wondering what the differences between these 2 rubbers are in terms of:

Sponge Hardness (ESN)
Speed
Spin
Control

Also how would they play on a Ovtcharov ALC blade.
Both play better on outer carbon blade imo but ovtcharov should work. What do you have on fh cuz I don't want it getting too heavy.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
The Tenergy 19 is 45 degrees on the ESN scale. The Dignics 05 is around 50 degrees on the ESN scale.

The Dignics 05 is faster in the long term, if you manage to hit through. On the slower contacts it is slower, but faster strokes will give you good speed. The Dignics 05 might be a little more linear, meaning the power put in will be closer to the output power than with the Tenergy 19.
The Dignics 05 is spinnier due to the higher grip than the Tenergy 19. This is also something that has to be achieved by playing actively.
The Tenergy 19 will have more control due to being a tad slower and the fact it features the older Spring Sponge, while the Dignics 05 features the Spring Sponge X model, which makes it a little more bouncy.
Both rubber could work on an outer carbon blade. I personally played the 19 on both sides on my previous blade, the Innerforce Layer ALC and worked fabulously.

Considering the fact you are playing with the T05Fx on your backhand, it might be a wise step to go with the Tenergy 19, as it is softer than the Dignics 05. Going straight to the Dignics 05 might be an overstep or a way too quick acceleration regarding the speeding up of your game. But this is only me way of thinking.

The Tenergy 19 is 45 degrees on the ESN scale. The Dignics 05 is around 50 degrees on the ESN scale.

The Dignics 05 is faster in the long term, if you manage to hit through. On the slower contacts it is slower, but faster strokes will give you good speed. The Dignics 05 might be a little more linear, meaning the power put in will be closer to the output power than with the Tenergy 19.
The Dignics 05 is spinnier due to the higher grip than the Tenergy 19. This is also something that has to be achieved by playing actively.
The Tenergy 19 will have more control due to being a tad slower and the fact it features the older Spring Sponge, while the Dignics 05 features the Spring Sponge X model, which makes it a little more bouncy.
Both rubber could work on an outer carbon blade. I personally played the 19 on both sides on my previous blade, the Innerforce Layer ALC and worked fabulously.

Considering the fact you are playing with the T05Fx on your backhand, it might be a wise step to go with the Tenergy 19, as it is softer than the Dignics 05. Going straight to the Dignics 05 might be an overstep or a way too quick acceleration regarding the speeding up of your game. But this is only me way of thinking.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I haven’t updated my Equipment on here in so long 🤣

I currently use the Ovtcharov innerforce ALC with Dignics 09c on the forehand.

My Backhand I have been using T05fx for a while. I then went straight to Dignics 05 which although was a big jump up I adapted to it pretty quickly but I didn’t like how it felt whilst blocking (maybe bit to hard)

I have now gone back to 05fx but now it feels really soft in the ovtcharov coming from the Dignics 05.

Do you think Tenergy 19 could be ideal then?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi,

My Backhand I have been using T05fx for a while. I then went straight to Dignics 05 which although was a big jump up I adapted to it pretty quickly but I didn’t like how it felt whilst blocking (maybe bit to hard)

I have now gone back to 05fx but now it feels really soft in the ovtcharov coming from the Dignics 05.

I also use an Ovtcharov ALC with D09c on FH but I think that whilst D05 is maybe not an easy BH rubber, there are other options that are less soft and bouncy than T05FX. My two favourites are Hammond Z2 and DNA Platinum Hard. Both are also 50 deg but feel much softer and easier to use than D05 to me whilst offering great spin and good short game/blocking.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Hi,

I am tempted to believe the Tenergy 19 would be an ideal choice in your case. It is definitely going to feel softer than the Dignics 05, but not as soft as the Tenergy 05 FX. It sits inbetween, so the blocking will feel better for you I think. Due to the harder sponge, it might feel a little less bouncy than the T05FX, but it also depends on the blade you are using. That Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC could be a good pair with the Tenergy. It is designed for these kinds of rubbers, so, yeah. I am sure it is ideal! One thing to look out for is the spin-sensitivity, which is pretty much present for such spinny rubbers. Not mentioning the price, but if this is not a problem for you, then go for it. Once you feel safe and think it is time to upgrade, then you can for the D05. One of my clubmates uses it and it is wild.

The strange feeling you hard maybe was because of the great difference between the rubbers' sponge hardness. Around 8-9 degrees on the Butterfly scale, which is quite a few. Maybe you are better off if you are gradually increasing the hardness.

I have not tried out to much rubbers on my backhand, this one I was using for several months. I would also recommend the Rakza Z, but it might be a bit slow, but it depends on your style.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: hazzaa96
I also use an Ovtcharov ALC with D09c on FH but I think that whilst D05 is maybe not an easy BH rubber, there are other options that are less soft and bouncy than T05FX. My two favourites are Hammond Z2 and DNA Platinum Hard. Both are also 50 deg but feel much softer and easier to use than D05 to me whilst offering great spin and good short game/blocking.
Hi Wrighty,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed you’re from the UK also. I’m playing in the national qualifiers this weekend and have switched my backhand rubber at least 4 times in the past 2 weeks which isn’t ideal really.

I’m pretty set on the ovtcharov and 09c though.

Hear good things about the Hammond Z2 based on reviews but I don’t know anyone who uses it.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi Wrighty,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed you’re from the UK also. I’m playing in the national qualifiers this weekend and have switched my backhand rubber at least 4 times in the past 2 weeks which isn’t ideal really.

Hear good things about the Hammond Z2 based on reviews but I don’t know anyone who uses it.
Good luck in that!

I would recommend either Z2 or DNA Plat H - the latter is new to me and it appears pretty similar to Z2 but with a little more grip and tackiness. Both are great BH rubbers for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hi hazzaa96, I used Hammond Z2 for a while and I think it's a great rubber as @Wrighty67 mentioned. In my case, the Z2 was my FH rubber. However, I tried it on my BH for several weeks (when I was tempted to test Tenergy 05 on my FH, which I didn't like as much as other rubbers) and it worked well on that side, too.

Shameless plug -- I have Hammond Z2 for sale (Black, one 2.0mm and one Max) for GBP 31 plus GBP 7.5 shipping to the UK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi hazzaa96, I used Hammond Z2 for a while and I think it's a great rubber as @Wrighty67 mentioned. In my case, the Z2 was my FH rubber. However, I tried it on my BH for several weeks (when I was tempted to test Tenergy 05 on my FH, which I didn't like as much as other rubbers) and it worked well on that side, too.

Shameless plug -- I have Hammond Z2 for sale (Black, one 2.0mm and one Max) for GBP 31 plus GBP 7.5 shipping to the UK.
And he’s a great guy to buy from too!

Reactions: Catenaccio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hi,

I happen to have a Viscaria and have used T05FX as backend. Cloae to the table felt amazing, however when I play mid distance, lack power and grip. Kreanga would kill me if I say this.
So in my search for more power, I went to D05. Is an absolute beast if you have the proper technique to use it. You gotta accelerate fast, explosive to benefit of the speed and spin it provides. Hard to open up topspin game, in my case. Blocking has been amazing and the ball in the case of counterspin, was landing in 70% of the time right ar the edge of the table, without putting much effort into it. For me has not been the right rubber. Passing from 32 deg hardness to a 40 deg hardness (as advertised by butterfly) has been an overstep and I cannot get the feeling of the ball in the blade.

So I have passed to T19. Compared to D05, is so easy to manage, open up the game easy, blocking is fantastic. You gotta adjust the blade to the right angle as the trajectory of the ball is more linear, not like T05. Counter topspin is great in the mid distance, exactly what I was looking for, as it does not lack the power. It will feel a bit slower than T05, but don’t let yourself fooled. If you pit the right amount of power, it goes wild. It has great control, more than T05, which I play on the forehand. Flicks, i cannot say how amazed I am. Because the ball stay longer in the rubber, it grips better with the feel of control.

So in my case T19 is the right rubber to use as intermediate until I develop my technique more and have the stability and snap to use D05.

I would recomend T19 for advanced to elite players and D05 for elite to PRO

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I happen to have a Viscaria and have used T05FX as backend. Cloae to the table felt amazing, however when I play mid distance, lack power and grip. Kreanga would kill me if I say this.
So in my search for more power, I went to D05. Is an absolute beast if you have the proper technique to use it. You gotta accelerate fast, explosive to benefit of the speed and spin it provides. Hard to open up topspin game, in my case. Blocking has been amazing and the ball in the case of counterspin, was landing in 70% of the time right ar the edge of the table, without putting much effort into it. For me has not been the right rubber. Passing from 32 deg hardness to a 40 deg hardness (as advertised by butterfly) has been an overstep and I cannot get the feeling of the ball in the blade.

So I have passed to T19. Compared to D05, is so easy to manage, open up the game easy, blocking is fantastic. You gotta adjust the blade to the right angle as the trajectory of the ball is more linear, not like T05. Counter topspin is great in the mid distance, exactly what I was looking for, as it does not lack the power. It will feel a bit slower than T05, but don’t let yourself fooled. If you pit the right amount of power, it goes wild. It has great control, more than T05, which I play on the forehand. Flicks, i cannot say how amazed I am. Because the ball stay longer in the rubber, it grips better with the feel of control.

So in my case T19 is the right rubber to use as intermediate until I develop my technique more and have the stability and snap to use D05.

I would recomend T19 for advanced to elite players and D05 for elite to PRO

Hope this helps!
Top man cheers.

Think I will go with T19 next then on my backhand.

Was you using max thickness? I normally do with my rubbers.

You say you was using it on a Viscaria, I hope it plays and suits the ovtcharov alc well

Also what are the sponge hardnesses of the following rubbers on the ESN scale?

Dignics 05
Tenergy 05fx
Tenergy 19

Hi Catenaccio,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m fine on the rubber but thanks for the offer. I’ll keep you in mind in the future if I’m interested in anything else 😀

Reactions: Catenaccio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Also what are the sponge hardnesses of the following rubbers on the ESN scale?

Dignics 05
Tenergy 05fx
Tenergy 19
D05 equals 52.3° on ESN scale, T05 FX ~ 42° and T19 ~ 47°.
Sponge hardness however, are one thing, topsheet properties also matter quite a bit regarding the overall feel of a rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi Catenaccio,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m fine on the rubber but thanks for the offer. I’ll keep you in mind in the future if I’m interested in anything else 😀
he wants to stick with butterfly lmao. don't get him ejing into other brands, its good he only sticks to butterfly. at the moment. Until he tries out h3.....

says Aging is a killer
Hi Wrighty,

How was the national qualifiers for you?