Tenergy for $42?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Looks pretty fake, price is the first red flag because Tenergy is the last rubber to be discounted, second red flag is that you're buying it from overseas which Butterfly is fairly strict about, third red flag is that it uses old packaging and old logo which were phased out around 2014, seems kinda sus that any new in pack Tenergy even with old logo would be sold for that price, or even still exist what with the sheer popularity of the product.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Information that may help you: Butterfly fixes prices regionally and does not allow sellers to sell out of their region. If you were in USA, you cannot order Butterfly rubbers from a seller in Europe like TT11. You would have to buy from a regional seller. For US, Mega Spin and Paddle Palace are two authorized dealers of Butterfly products. There may be others. But those are two major sellers who are authorized to sell Butterfly products.

If you were buying a Butterfly product from a seller who is not in USA, the chance of it being counterfeit is very high because, if Butterfly catches authorized sellers of Butterfly products selling outside of their region, they will quickly become former sellers of Butterfly products.

Also, Butterfly's markup for Tenergy is less than the price differential of this rubber you listed. So, if both Mega Spin and Paddle Palace are selling Tenergy for $71.99 (current price listed for the product at both sellers 9/1/2023), then they are probably paying about $50.00 for that sheet and ARE NOT AUTHORIZED to sell it for less than the price Butterfly tells them to sell at.

Yes, this is how they price fix by region.

So, if someone is a seller and telling you they are selling brand new, genuine Butterfly products and they are selling you from out of your region and offering a price that is lower than you think should be possible, that is two strikes on that seller and I would be willing to bet the farm that they are selling something that isn't what it says it is.

Reactions: Wakkibatty and JBH7
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: I am pretty sure, that if you were in Europe, and you went to TT11's website you would see Butterfly products for sale. But because you are in the USA, if you go to their site, you will not see Butterfly products because they can only sell Butterfly products to the European market.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
BTW: I am pretty sure, that if you were in Europe, and you went to TT11's website you would see Butterfly products for sale. But because you are in the USA, if you go to their site, you will not see Butterfly products because they can only sell Butterfly products to the European market.
Information that may help you: Butterfly fixes prices regionally and does not allow sellers to sell out of their region. If you were in USA, you cannot order Butterfly rubbers from a seller in Europe like TT11. You would have to buy from a regional seller. For US, Mega Spin and Paddle Palace are two authorized dealers of Butterfly products. There may be others. But those are two major sellers who are authorized to sell Butterfly products.

If you were buying a Butterfly product from a seller who is not in USA, the chance of it being counterfeit is very high because, if Butterfly catches authorized sellers of Butterfly products selling outside of their region, they will quickly become former sellers of Butterfly products.

Also, Butterfly's markup for Tenergy is less than the price differential of this rubber you listed. So, if both Mega Spin and Paddle Palace are selling Tenergy for $71.99 (current price listed for the product at both sellers 9/1/2023), then they are probably paying about $50.00 for that sheet and ARE NOT AUTHORIZED to sell it for less than the price Butterfly tells them to sell at.

Yes, this is how they price fix by region.

So, if someone is a seller and telling you they are selling brand new, genuine Butterfly products and they are selling you from out of your region and offering a price that is lower than you think should be possible, that is two strikes on that seller and I would be willing to bet the farm that they are selling something that isn't what it says it is.
Does Butterfly have the authentication check the way DHS does?

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I think they are only allowed to sell Butterfly stuff in the Baltic states. I can't see any Tenergies on TT11 from the UK.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think they are only allowed to sell Butterfly stuff in the Baltic states. I can't see any Tenergies on TT11 from the UK.

Yeah. I don't know what the boundaries and borders are for selling Butterfly for TT11 but, UK is not in their borders and I don't think they were before Brexit either.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Does Butterfly have the authentication check the way DHS does?

Why are you asking me that? Have you ever bought Butterfly products? What kinds of things do they do to show the authentic products? Why don't you tell me? Do they have holographic lenses on one side of the handles of their blades? Do they put holographic images in the wrapping on their rubbers?

Do they have their own way of making people know when the product is authentic?

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Why are you asking me that? Have you ever bought Butterfly products? What kinds of things do they do to show the authentic products? Why don't you tell me? Do they have holographic lenses on one side of the handles of their blades? Do they put holographic images in the wrapping on their rubbers?

Do they have their own way of making people know when the product is authentic?
I don't think you need to be that aggressive with @TensorBackhand

From his posts, I know he buys a lot of stuff from Aliexpress. And I know from Aliexpress, a lot of items do have this QR code thing that you can scan with your phone to see if it is authentic. Quite honestly, the stuff are so cheap, I don't even bother to authenticate it.

Maybe he really does not buy Butterfly stuff or he has not bought it for a few years.

Hey, at least we are not talking about boosting here....

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Is this real? This is the cheapest i have seen Tenergy
aed37f19-c24d-439a-a82f-fd665e961a1f.jpeg

USD 42.00 is too expensive for a fake Tenergy. The fair price for a fake Tenergy is USD 8.50

I can’t buy Butterfly stuff from TT11 in Sweden either.

And I wouldn’t buy anything from a Chinese store regardless of price…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
That's the price folks in China had been paying (for the real deal) not too long ago, albeit with a caveat (really minor).

For just a few bucks (USD) more, folks could get it from stores at a certain site in Japan, which have been flipping the middle finger at Butterfly pricing policy for a few years now.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I don't know what the boundaries and borders are for selling Butterfly for TT11 but, UK is not in their borders and I don't think they were before Brexit either.

I can’t buy Butterfly stuff from TT11 in Sweden either.

And I wouldn’t buy anything from a Chinese store regardless of price…

Cheers
L-zr

Yep. I don't know the boundaries of the region they are allowed to sell within.

It is also possible they stopped selling Butterfly products. But, I somehow doubt it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
there is a guy on ttd that showed people how to buy things on aliexpress, not sure who, but saw a thread.
you should buy it and test it and give us a review
Well i actually bought the $11 fake tenergy before, and it was actually really quite good. I eventually sold it to a friend and he still uses it today.

So this might be the same rubber...but i was confused why it costs 4 times more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
1) ask the seller
2) buy it and tell us
Well I did buy the 2 Haifu rubbers so I'll review those later.

But if I bought this one I think I would just end up disputing the purchase anyways. So I feel bad for gaming the system like that..

But maybe I'll pm the seller just to see what he says.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well i actually bought the $11 fake tenergy before, and it was actually really quite good. I eventually sold it to a friend and he still uses it today.

So this might be the same rubber...but i was confused why it costs 4 times more.
I have seen those fake Tenergy on Aliexpress. If they are non-tensor, which is probably the case, I would not buy them even at $11. At that price I would rather buy Mercury II or Sanwei TT88 UltraSpin for around $8-9 with import taxes and shipping included.

I like to buy blade clones. For example, I own a couple Stuor Viscaria's. They are actually quite good and of course they say Stuor on the blade's face and blade's handle. After all, the blade composition is not a big industry secret. And I am sure it is not "patentable." Anyone can try to duplicate the wood and carbon composition of the blade and is not infringing on any patent per se.

Out of the three major clone companies coming from China: Stuor, XVT and Lemuria, I like Stuor the best so far. Their blade handles are comfortable. Shipping is very fast. I own a real Viscaria. Stuor's Viscaria clone plays eerily similar. However, does Stuor really use the same carbon material? I assume everyone's ALC's or ZLC's carbons are different, from Stuor to Butterfly to Tibhar to Gambler to Joola. Furthermore, we all know that each patch of wood is different. Even Butterfly's Viscaria from blade to blade, it will play differently. Hence no one can guarantee the weight range of any blade really at the end of the day.

However, I have noticed that some Lemuria blades literally print Viscaria on it or ZJK special edition, with Butterfly logo and name, including on the blade's face and blade's handle. I have a problem with that. I would not buy any blades like that. There is no question at that point they are infringing on logo's, etc. I would not buy and support that.

If I have a Stuor Viscaria clone, then I want my blade to say Stuor, both on the face and the handle. I don't care if they print "Stuor" all over the blade because it is a Stuor blade. Big deal I use a cheap carbon blade.

If have a Lemuria blade that is made by Lemuria but it prints Butterfly and Viscaria all over the blade, then that is going too far.

I don't buy bags. But I have no problem buying a generic bag for cheap and it lasts for a while because it is well made. Great.

But if the bag is fake, being sold by some roadside stand in Hong Kong, for twenty dollars and it says Gucci on it, that's going too far. I would not buy it for the principle of it.

So everyone of us has to figure out what he or she is comfortable it.

Again it is not like other major table tennis brands have not tried to copy Viscaria composition and stamp their own logo on the blade. Of course Viscaria is one of the most popular Butterfly or non-Butterfly blades in history. So anyone, including other major table tennis brands, trying to copy the composition of the blade, that is fair game.

But to copy it and put Butterfly printing and logo's on it, I would never support that at all.

Therefore, going back to the original topic, I would not buy a fake Tenergy no matter it is 5 dollars or 11 dollars. But I would be more than happy to buy Mercury II or Sanwei T88 Ultraspin for cheap.

However if OP did buy a sheet and it is genuine, then I would buy it myself.