thinking of upgrading - infinity or eternity, need help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
I've been playing with the infinity vps5 since it came to the u.s.a. I love it, especially with andro rasant. Over the years with the Infinity, I've gone from ok tt player to going toe to toe with the big dogs in the area. It does everything i want a blade to do… but it's a little slow. The eternity is suppose to be the answer to that problem from the info I've been gathering. With the eternity coming to the states this week, and i got a couple of dollars i can spare. should i upgrade to the eternity? or is this the EJ in me wanting a new toy.

any info on the eternity would help, good or bad. thanks:)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is the EJ virus taking hold. But, that doesn't really matter. If you do simply want a new toy, it's okay to do that.

Why do I think this is the EJ virus? If you like the blade, it is a good blade. And there is no need for another. I have a friend who uses the Infinity VPS who is just short of 2500. If he can use it at that level, anyone on TTDaily can use it too.

But, sometimes it is really nice to get something new and it can make you excited about playing. So, if you want to try an Eternity, I have a feeling it would be fine. Even though you don't need a faster blade, having one is sometimes fun.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
thanks carl, thats what i was thinking also. Eternity looks pretty bad azz though. I'll probably will get it later, i don't like to have 2 set ups at once.

another question. should i switch from the rasant to the rasant grip on the infinity? would the low arc and heavy grip speed up my loops? or is the virus spreading?:D

if anybody played with eternity let me know if you like it or not

Last edited:
This user has no status.
6dcb89ec6cf0787ff40ce6dd6da67f2c.jpg

Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
Unfortunately, I haven't play with it just yet.

Remember seeing this?
762bf781b4326e705191eccf628257e7.jpg

There's a few in front of the line before Eternity's turn. Doing the ball bounce on the blade felt promising. I suspect another a bit hard outer, softer inner, some flex 5 ply blade. I like that it has better feel compared to the OCC.

59c69cb39c307acfa494c8c6c4826dd9.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Unfortunately, I haven't play with it just yet.

Remember seeing this?
762bf781b4326e705191eccf628257e7.jpg

There's a few in front of the line before Eternity's turn. Doing the ball bounce on the blade felt promising. I suspect another a bit hard outer, softer inner, some flex 5 ply blade. I like that it has better feel compared to the OCC.

59c69cb39c307acfa494c8c6c4826dd9.jpg

Thanks. I was pretty sure you hadn't gotten to try it yet with that stash you have. But you still provided great info for the OP if he was paying attention. [emoji2]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Rajah* and dirtyD
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
Not even considering viscaria or IF ALC :p?

Eternity probably will be a tad heavy at 92g+, but ofc it depends on your weight preference

I'm an all wood, stiga man, I've never played with butterfly blades, too expensive. heard they're nice though. the heavy weight use to bother me, but I've grow to love a heavier setup. easier on my shoulder. i don't have to put a power grunt with my swing

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
As with any other blades, there will be variations on the weight. Just need to request the weight when buying.

I have two, this one is the one not opened.

fa3394044de9dcd0b78cbe2c2536a20f.jpg

90.xx grams with the plastic. Minus 2-3 gr for the plastic it would be 87-88 gr blade.

The one I chose is heavier. After the seal job it's 93 gr.

Here's the side by side with OCC. Same thickness on first and second ply (though with different types of wood on both), but with thicker core on the Eternity.

b1258c4dae0bb4761560e23415bd3aa6.jpg

Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
i think that's just a mishap, which would happened regardless being sealed or not. given the same condition sealing the blade would actually be safer, that is protection against peeling/splintering.

I must have had sealed over 100+ blades by now and no splintering/peeling of top ply ever happened to me or the people I sealed their blades for.

I once bought OC, didn't seal it. Guess what happened when I was changing the rubber? Sold it at loss asap. Never again.

Another funny story:
I bought a blade in 2008, finally got around to play with it end of 2008. Sold it sometime in 2009.
Some time last year I came across another used one for sale (almost double the price of my initial purchase). I got nostalgic and bought it. Straight to the box it went.
Earlier this year I pulled it out and starting playing with it again and am excited again with this blade. I searched for my old review and read it again. And Voila! I saw the serial number on the initial review and the one I have now and it matched! The blade returned to me after so many years! And the seal job I did on it still holds up. The blade looks great even after 6 years out of my hands.

Here's a recent shot of said blade, which, now has the nickname PSR (Prodigal Son Returns).

9fab8dbc43cde944595a0d4026b75814.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I'm an all wood, stiga man, I've never played with butterfly blades, too expensive. heard they're nice though. the heavy weight use to bother me, but I've grow to love a heavier setup. easier on my shoulder. i don't have to put a power grunt with my swing

Well i'm the other way around, a butterfly carbon whore LOL.

Having an alc blade to collect isnt that bad though. Same goes for clipper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
Another funny story:
I bought a blade in 2008, finally got around to play with it end of 2008. Sold it sometime in 2009.
Some time last year I came across another used one for sale (almost double the price of my initial purchase). I got nostalgic and bought it. Straight to the box it went.
Earlier this year I pulled it out and starting playing with it again and am excited again with this blade. I searched for my old review and read it again. And Voila! I saw the serial number on the initial review and the one I have now and it matched! The blade returned to me after so many years! And the seal job I did on it still holds up. The blade looks great even after 6 years out of my hands.

thats awesome it held up over the years. almost double the price, that hurts? shows u did a good job sealing it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
I'm equal opportunity EJ. Stiga, Butterfly, down to Chinese brands, allwood to composites, are all okay with me as long as they're good blades. [emoji41]

I'm stubborn, once i think i like something, i stay with it. It was years before i tried anything besides stiga equipment. its too expensive messing up and getting something you don't like.

if your a beginner and you get bad equipment, it can turn u away from the game

Last edited: