Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Meanwhile, can anyone explain why the evolution rubbers come with a sponge hardness range rather than a specific value like all other rubbers?
Does this mean that different batches are likely to harder/softer than each other?

All rubber are like this. It´s a tolerance in manufacturing, corresponding with thickness. But not everybody feels the need to write it on the packaging.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Can't wait for FX-S/EL-S reviews!

Meanwhile, can anyone explain why the evolution rubbers come with a sponge hardness range rather than a specific value like all other rubbers?
Does this mean that different batches are likely to harder/softer than each other?

I think sponge hardness varies in general across all ESN products, but Tibhar are the first (and only?) ones to make a marketing point about it and put it on the packet. There is quite a lot of chatter on the german forums from people who ask for their unopened sheets to be weighed by the store, and then to pick a lighter/heavier one in an attempt to get a softer/harder sponge.

It doesn't always work - one unfortunate EL-S buyer asked for a heavy sheet and when opening the packet found that two thick paper sheets were inside rather than one, and so they got a light sheet. Them's the breaks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
This is the range:

TIBHAR Evolution EL-S Japanese 33,5 to 35 degrees approx/European 43,8 to 45,8 degrees approx

TIBHAR Evolution FX-S Japanese 31,5 to 33 degrees approx/European 41,0 to 43,0 degrees approx

That is very interesting, EL-P's range is 32.5-34.0 in Jap scale. Any rationale beyond the harder sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I think sponge hardness varies in general across all ESN products, but Tibhar are the first (and only?) ones to make a marketing point about it and put it on the packet. There is quite a lot of chatter on the german forums from people who ask for their unopened sheets to be weighed by the store, and then to pick a lighter/heavier one in an attempt to get a softer/harder sponge.

It doesn't always work - one unfortunate EL-S buyer asked for a heavy sheet and when opening the packet found that two thick paper sheets were inside rather than one, and so they got a light sheet. Them's the breaks.

True, but the shop offered help immediately and replaced/exchanged this package.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
That is very interesting, EL-P's range is 32.5-34.0 in Jap scale. Any rationale beyond the harder sponge?

In terms of sponge hardness, EL-S as a newly developed rubber was meant to be placed between EL-P and MX-P. The topsheet is more elastic than that of EL-P though, because EL-P neither has the same as FX-P/MX-P nor MX-S nor EL-S/FX-S. So whether you wished for a more elastic EL-P or softer MX-P, this might just be your rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
In terms of sponge hardness, EL-S as a newly developed rubber was meant to be placed between EL-P and MX-P. The topsheet is more elastic than that of EL-P though, because EL-P neither has the same as FX-P/MX-P nor MX-S nor EL-S/FX-S. So whether you wished for a more elastic EL-P or softer MX-P, this might just be your rubber.

How's the overall throw compared to tenergy?

All I need is a slightly slower and softer mxp with same or more spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Great, I will try EL-S as soon my EL-Ps wear out :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S available for 33.68 EUR at TTmode.com

They have it as a weekly special offer. Cheers

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S available for 33.68 EUR at TTmode.com

They have it as a weekly special offer. Cheers

Has anybody ordered and actually received their rubbers yet from these places?

No disrespect, but the large retailers in Germany have only been able to place their orders last week and internet shops in Lithuania have them in stock?

This user has no status.
hi tt89player great reviews,

Now that you've played with all the Evolution range, maybe you can create a chart, rating the rubbers in speed, spin and tackiness?

I'm quite interested in the tackiness deparment since i'm struggling with the disturbing lack of tack of my FX-P (I use eacheng plastic protectors and they stick slighly to my T80 FX but they slide right off the FX-P )

Since i need a little more speed, I'm between getting the EL-P, EL-S or FX-S, but i need to know... which is stickier?

Hi Reaper,

I finally finished my Evolution review comparison. You will find Charts about the arcs and spin/speed.
I decided that I cannot rate tackiness, but in my opinion it has the following order:
EL-S=FX-S>MX-S>EL-P>=MX-P=FX-P

http://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-evolution-belagtest/

This user has no status.
Hi Reaper,

I finally finished my Evolution review comparison. You will find Charts about the arcs and spin/speed.
I decided that I cannot rate tackiness, but in my opinion it has the following order:
EL-S=FX-S>MX-S>EL-P>=MX-P=FX-P

http://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-evolution-belagtest/

I'd like to thank you for the review, as someone who plays the MX-P it was exactly the kind of thing that I was looking for. I was already tempted, but now I'm definitely giving the EL-S a shot ;)
Btw, you should consider mentioning this in the german forum if you haven't done it already, I'm sure there are plenty others who would love to read your thorough impressions.

Reactions: tt89player
This user has no status.
I'd like to thank you for the review, as someone who plays the MX-P it was exactly the kind of thing that I was looking for. I was already tempted, but now I'm definitely giving the EL-S a shot ;)
Btw, you should consider mentioning this in the german forum if you haven't done it already, I'm sure there are plenty others who would love to read your thorough impressions.

I mentioned it in smaller german tt forums but the biggest one is not allowing links or discussions about "competitors" like a blog

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I mentioned it in smaller german tt forums but the biggest one is not allowing links or discussions about "competitors" like a blog

Eh, right. Considering a private blog without sales "competition" is kinda borderline if you ask me, oh well. My point stands, it helped me out a lot and thanks for that ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I am not sure I agree with the arc assessment of MX-S as being higher than MX-P. You have to swing so hard to get MX-S to truly arc that it is not worth the trouble. Almost like Tenergy 25.

This user has no status.
I am not sure I agree with the arc assessment of MX-S as being higher than MX-P. You have to swing so hard to get MX-S to truly arc that it is not worth the trouble. Almost like Tenergy 25.

Hmm... I tested both, MX-P and MX-S, with many different blades and I always could create higher arcs with MX-S. But yes, the arm movement has to be faster than with MX-P.
The opinions about MX-S are sometimes totally different and I know why. Hitting the ball with strength do most of the players. This is good with rubbers that have lots of catapult like MX-P. But with MX-S the hitting power is not the key. Fast movements of your body, shoulder, arm and wrist make the MX-S work.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hmm... I tested both, MX-P and MX-S, with many different blades and I always could create higher arcs with MX-S. But yes, the arm movement has to be faster than with MX-P.
The opinions about MX-S are sometimes totally different and I know why. Hitting the ball with strength do most of the players. This is good with rubbers that have lots of catapult like MX-P. But with MX-S the hitting power is not the key. Fast movements of your body, shoulder, arm and wrist make the MX-S work.

Yes, I was a spin Chinese rubber player and I used Big Dipper before using MX-S. The main reason I left MX-S was that even when you spun the ball, the arc was never that high. MX-P had a higher regular arc. What MX-S did that was great was that when I looped hard, the ball still had plenty of spin, while if I did this with MX-P, I could not increase the spin. But the trajectory was always relatively low. I believe Drinkhall's review shows this as well.

Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I'm having doubts just as i was about to put an order for couple of sheet. I'm following closely the little that's been said about the EL-S and all the positive vibe surrounding it. I have this feel I might be better off with MX-P possibly but I can't say for sure as I only managed to play for 10min with a MX-P. How would you guys compare EL-S/MX-P it to Tenergy 64 rather than 05? tt89player any thoughts? I prefer Tenergy 64 due to the lower arc, slightly less spin, better dwell time, easy to access speed from the spring sponge, great blocking and generally the softer feel. The MX-P in my hands felt harder compared to 64 but during gameplay, counter looping with my friend it didn't seems to differ as the top sheet was very grippy. The speed to me felt same but T64 having a softer feel was easier to engage the speed (arrived at my opponent quicker), maybe even a touch spinner too, giving a nice dip near the landing arc.
My worry is EL-S will be too spinny, higher arc (backhand may suffer), sensitive to incoming spin from serves, not so springy, maybe suffering in power looping away from the table and so will smashes / flat hits etc?
What are your thoughts peeps?

p.s Is EL-S with swiss cheese sponge or does it have smaller pores like MX-P (basically are they as huge as BlueFire M2/Rasant Powergrip) And do these rubbers feel plasticky unlike Tenergy

Last edited: