Top 10 Best Backhand Rubbers of All Time

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
He's a coach with chinese philosophy, these would be good choices for chinese players, but for us most of them would be unusable. You could use the g1 and vega europe very easily, and maybe you could get away with an mxp or t05, but nothing else. Dignics is out of the question, cause it's too expensive and can be too hard for some.

Better choices would be the 05fx, elp and fxp, bluestorm z3 and bluefire m3, in general softer rubbers with lower throw.

While for hard tacky and hard rubbers on the forehand you need a big and strong move, at the backhand they need short move and a lot of explosive power, and soft high tension rubbers perform much better in that department, that's why even the chinese use them for backhand. Even Kreanga, one of the best backhands, uses t05 fx. It allows you to rip through the ball with the backhand, has excellent control, speed and spin. But also slow down without loosing safety and give venomous spin, or play with no spin.

Also, it is good for the backhand rubber to have a lower throw that forehand to help with blocking, punching and countering. The move of the backhand supports a lower throw.

Sorry for the essay...😅
John,

Write 5 essays if it is needed to articulate how you feel and what is important.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
To my own experience so far those are the rubbers i liked on my backhand through all years, will try/test more in future if possible.

1. Tenergy 05FX
2. Xiom Vega Europe
3. Rakza 7 Soft

I twice played nicely with H3NEO 37Deg standard and boosted on Long 5X, but then never again, so i can't rate it as one of favorite in the list above.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
To my own experience so far those are the rubbers i liked on my backhand through all years, will try/test more in future if possible.

1. Tenergy 05FX
2. Xiom Vega Europe
3. Rakza 7 Soft

I twice played nicely with H3NEO 37Deg standard and boosted on Long 5X, but then never again, so i can't rate it as one of favorite in the list above.
I like Rakza 7 soft the best. Xiom Vega Europe I like as well. Very good control. But not as fast or as catapulty as Rakza 7 soft. I have used Xiom Vega Europe on the backhand side of very fast carbon blade to tame the beast. So far so good! I have a couple very fast carbon blades that I enjoy now, by putting Xiom Vega Europe on the backhand side. As for slower carbon blade, I need the extra catapult effect from Rakza 7 soft to generate more power.

T05fx is not one of my favorite. Too catapulty. The ball just flies out!! Do I fool around with it on my spare blade once in a while? Yes. But if my life depends on it, I would not use it. Short game and pushes are bad with T05fx. My balls would go long off the table very easily. If you flip and loop ALL the time on your backhand side, then Tenergy 05 fx is a great rubber there. Otherwise, save some money and use ESN tensor rubber instead.

This user has no status.
I like Rakza 7 soft the best. Xiom Vega Europe I like as well. Very good control. But not as fast or as catapulty as Rakza 7 soft. I have used Xiom Vega Europe on the backhand side of very fast carbon blade to tame the beast. So far so good! I have a couple very fast carbon blades that I enjoy now, by putting Xiom Vega Europe on the backhand side. As for slower carbon blade, I need the extra catapult effect from Rakza 7 soft to generate more power.

T05fx is not one of my favorite. Too catapulty. The ball just flies out!! Do I fool around with it on my spare blade once in a while? Yes. But if my life depends on it, I would not use it. Short game and pushes are bad with T05fx. My balls would go long off the table very easily. If you flip and loop ALL the time on your backhand side, then Tenergy 05 fx is a great rubber there. Otherwise, save some money and use ESN tensor rubber instead.
In fact i am using that Xiom Vega Europe on a fast carbon blade and it is just perfect fit, maybe if i tried it on standard normal all wood blade i could hate it, so maybe that is why i liked Rakza 7 Soft because i used it on all wood blade and i feel it is just right, but i also played it on a carbon blade i believe DHS Hao III and it is a weapon on my backhand, so i feel like those two rubbers are all what i need, i also play with pimples so i won't keep trying so many rubbers for my BH anyway.

I used to play with Tenergy rubbers, i remember i once played with T64 on my BH, i hated table tennis in my life, didn't handle it and i replaced it with T05FX and i am super happy, the only reason that i stopped using any Butterfly rubbers since long time specifically 2020-2021 with T80 is that it is a bit expensive than many good enough rubbers out there, and all my T80 almost died so quick more than other rubbers, so i decided if any rubber will die which is natural then i should go with cheaper ones, i don't compete to justify buying Butterfly all the time, i even gave up their blades, DSH blades are my favorite now, and while i was testing some rubbers on my BH i was lucky to end up with Rakza 7 soft and Xiom Vega Europe, it is clearly i prefer softer sponge rubbers on my BH because i need control, i have enough powerful speed to add to that, not the opposite.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
In fact i am using that Xiom Vega Europe on a fast carbon blade and it is just perfect fit, maybe if i tried it on standard normal all wood blade i could hate it, so maybe that is why i liked Rakza 7 Soft because i used it on all wood blade and i feel it is just right, but i also played it on a carbon blade i believe DHS Hao III and it is a weapon on my backhand, so i feel like those two rubbers are all what i need, i also play with pimples so i won't keep trying so many rubbers for my BH anyway.

I used to play with Tenergy rubbers, i remember i once played with T64 on my BH, i hated table tennis in my life, didn't handle it and i replaced it with T05FX and i am super happy, the only reason that i stopped using any Butterfly rubbers since long time specifically 2020-2021 with T80 is that it is a bit expensive than many good enough rubbers out there, and all my T80 almost died so quick more than other rubbers, so i decided if any rubber will die which is natural then i should go with cheaper ones, i don't compete to justify buying Butterfly all the time, i even gave up their blades, DSH blades are my favorite now, and while i was testing some rubbers on my BH i was lucky to end up with Rakza 7 soft and Xiom Vega Europe, it is clearly i prefer softer sponge rubbers on my BH because i need control, i have enough powerful speed to add to that, not the opposite.
I prefer softer rubber too. I think Xiom Vega Europe, at this moment, would be too soft on my backhand, except only when it is paired with very very fast, hard carbon blade.

I can tell you that for my backhand right now, C-1, Xiom Vega Asia and Rakza 7 soft are pretty interchangeable. They are all pretty good!

I really have no desire to try the new $55 to $65 new ESN rubbers at all. I have done my research and I am done. I think I have a sheet of Donic BlueFire M2 and a sheet of Tibhar FX-D installed. Preliminary test seems to suggest both are a bit slower than Rakza 7 soft. I am near the end of testing for the perfect backhand rubber.

Reactions: M.Hoang
I prefer softer rubber too. I think Xiom Vega Europe, at this moment, would be too soft on my backhand, except only when it is paired with very very fast, hard carbon blade.

I can tell you that for my backhand right now, C-1, Xiom Vega Asia and Rakza 7 soft are pretty interchangeable. They are all pretty good!

I really have no desire to try the new $55 to $65 new ESN rubbers at all. I have done my research and I am done. I think I have a sheet of Donic BlueFire M2 and a sheet of Tibhar FX-D installed. Preliminary test seems to suggest both are a bit slower than Rakza 7 soft. I am near the end of testing for the perfect backhand rubber.
You should try Donic accuda S2 and accuda blue P2. A little bit harder than Rakza 7 soft but less catapult and about
the same spin. Accuda blue P2 is a little bit sharper than accuda S2.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You should try Donic accuda S2 and accuda blue P2. A little bit harder than Rakza 7 soft but less catapult and about
the same spin. Accuda S2 is a little bit sharper than accuda blue P2.

Cheers
L-z
Nooooo, don't tempt me. Don't tempt me. :) :)

But on a serious note, even I am getting cheap about getting another sheet of C-1. I mean C-1 and Rakza 7 soft are about the same price, $46 at TT11 before 30% bulk discount. With Xiom Vega Asia, it sabout $36 a sheet before 30% discount. Considering I have 30+ blades that I eventually need to find home for the rubbers, $36 a sheet really hits my wallet less.

I am not going to lie. Some of those blades might find homes with Mercury II and Sanwei TT88 Ultraspin. Those are really my ultra cheap cheap option.

But $25 a sheet (after 30% discount from TT11) for a bouncy ESN rubber such as Vega Asian and Vega Pro, I think I will take that and be done with more testing.

Don't get me wrong, my main blade will always have a Rakza 7 soft rubber on it. But other testing blades, I don't need $32 a sheet (after 30% discount from TT11) of C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Donic accuda S2 or accuda blue P2 on it. I mean I bought the Donic BlueFire M2 mainly for the blue color. I have not tested it at the club yet. Just hit it with the machine for a few minutes. I just feel that it is eerily similar to a lot of ESN rubbers so far.....

Nooooo, don't tempt me. Don't tempt me. :) :)

But on a serious note, even I am getting cheap about getting another sheet of C-1. I mean C-1 and Rakza 7 soft are about the same price, $46 at TT11 before 30% bulk discount. With Xiom Vega Asia, it sabout $36 a sheet before 30% discount. Considering I have 30+ blades that I eventually need to find home for the rubbers, $36 a sheet really hits my wallet less.

I am not going to lie. Some of those blades might find homes with Mercury II and Sanwei TT88 Ultraspin. Those are really my ultra cheap cheap option.

But $25 a sheet (after 30% discount from TT11) for a bouncy ESN rubber such as Vega Asian and Vega Pro, I think I will take that and be done with more testing.

Don't get me wrong, my main blade will always have a Rakza 7 soft rubber on it. But other testing blades, I don't need $32 a sheet (after 30% discount from TT11) of C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Donic accuda S2 or accuda blue P2 on it. I mean I bought the Donic BlueFire M2 mainly for the blue color. I have not tested it at the club yet. Just hit it with the machine for a few minutes. I just feel that it is eerily similar to a lot of ESN rubbers so far.....
If You should ever decide to use something a little bit harder... 😉

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
If You should ever decide to use something a little bit harder... 😉

Cheers
L-zr
Yes yes, I understand. Once my backhand develops better, I may consider something harder like Rakza 7 regular or Xiom Vega Pro/X. I will put Donic Accuda S2 and Donic Accuda blue P2 on that list too. :)

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@JJ Ng I'm curious, how you handle all those setups you have at the same time? I currently have 3 assembled blades I'm struggling to play all of them. One session is definitely to less to have an opinion and trying to get used to new setup at least one week or even month is something enough to find if it is something I like or fit me or not.
My main blade FZD ALC + G-1 + D09C is resting now due to my working on the improvement of my shots.
Now I'm playing with OSP V+ + C-1 + G-1 which found more controllable and suits me better now, and recently glued new item Donic Persson PowerPlay + Bluestorm Z3 + Tibhar Aurus Soft as my curiosity won. This is something which @Der_Echte plays and recommend. This is even more controllable setup than my OSP one and rubbers are really soft. I was playing it yesterday and in every shot you feel that ball sinks in the rubber than goes off. This setup is really good for open-ups, and slow, spin game. In the very fast game I need to involve full body to make the strong shot far from the table. But back to the topic, I've only 3 setups and have problem to utilize them full compering to yours 10+
I can do 2 more setups as my Primorac JP and Nittaku Accoustic are in the boxes but my heart will be broken if on all those blades I would glue all new rubbers and those which are not used will get older

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
@JJ Ng I'm curious, how you handle all those setups you have at the same time? I currently have 3 assembled blades I'm struggling to play all of them. One session is definitely to less to have an opinion and trying to get used to new setup at least one week or even month is something enough to find if it is something I like or fit me or not.
My main blade FZD ALC + G-1 + D09C is resting now due to my working on the improvement of my shots.
Now I'm playing with OSP V+ + C-1 + G-1 which found more controllable and suits me better now, and recently glued new item Donic Persson PowerPlay + Bluestorm Z3 + Tibhar Aurus Soft as my curiosity won. This is something which @Der_Echte plays and recommend. This is even more controllable setup than my OSP one and rubbers are really soft. I was playing it yesterday and in every shot you feel that ball sinks in the rubber than goes off. This setup is really good for open-ups, and slow, spin game. In the very fast game I need to involve full body to make the strong shot far from the table. But back to the topic, I've only 3 setups and have problem to utilize them full compering to yours 10+
I can do 2 more setups as my Primorac JP and Nittaku Accoustic are in the boxes but my heart will be broken if on all those blades I would glue all new rubbers and those which are not used will get older
The key is to have the same blade. Otherwise your testing result is not really accurate. I have 8 Gambler carbon blades. I used to have 9 but I sold one to a friend of mine today at the club. He really like my hurricane 3 neo on the forehand side and Xiom Vega on the backhand side. The hurricane 3 neo was boosted and played by me for a bit to be mechanically broken into so it plays really well right now. Interestingly, his regular blade as of this morning was Butterfly Viscaria with Dignics 09c on the forehand and Dignics 05 on the backhand. In other words, he went from a $320 set up to a $120 set up. I hope he is happy with new set-up.

Gambler is only $40 a blade. And I have tested a lot of blades. I really like it. So in order to test different backhand rubbers quickly and with confidence, you have to keep the blade the same. I have tested these rubbers over the past 6 months. I also play five days a week so there you go. I also play matches with the rubber to figure out which backhand rubber fits with my style the best.

For my backhand, I have tried Rakza 7 soft, Rakza 7 regular, Rakza X soft, Rakza X regular, Xiom Vega Europe, Vega Japan, Vega Asia, Vega Pro, Vega X, Rasanter 47, MX-S, Gewo 43, Victas V > 15 limber, C-1, G-1. I can tell you. I spent the most time testing out the Rakza and Xiom Vega series. I really really like those two series. C-1, I used to play with it four years ago before ditching it for G-1. Now I moved from wood blade to carbon blade earlier this year, I really like C-1 again and G-1 feels too hard now. I tried Rasanter 47 and MX-S and I knew immediately they are too hard for me. No feeling on my backhand. I tried Gewo 43 and Victas V > 15 limber and I know pretty quickly, not enough catapult effect.

It is not that hard to tell when I keep the blade the same and I always keep a blade with Rakza 7 soft and another blade with C-1 to compare. I literally would switch blade after a set, in the middle of the match.

Right now, I have FX-D, Dignics 64, Tenergy 05, Tenergy 80 and Bluefire M2 installed. I used to have a sheet of MX-P and still have old sheets of EL-S and MX-S around. I can already tell FX-D is softer and not as catapulty as EL-S and MX-S but I would still like give it a shot in the coming weeks. I am at the end of my EJ'ing for my backhand rubber.

As for Donic Persson PowerPlay, it is one of my two favorite all wood blades (the other one being Stratus Power Wood). I have two Donic Persson PowerPlay lying around. They are very very affordable and the speed is there. Yet it has a lot of touch and control. If you want to EJ properly, you may want to buy a few of Donic Persson PowerPlay so you can figure out what you like fairly quickly.

I have EJ'ed systematically. I EJ'ed different blades. Now I know what blade I like which is Gambler Blackout carbon followed by Gambler Vector Speed. I then used Gambler blackout carbon to figure out what backhand rubber I like. Once I know what I like, my hand can pretty much pick up similar rubbers pretty easily. For example, C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft, Vega Japan, and Vega Asia are all pretty similar in my hands.

Finally when you EJ, you want to enjoy the process and have some sort of rules and algorithm. For example, I have zero interest getting Rakza Z extra hard or Stiga Mantra Pro XH to test on my BH side. Those will be too hard for me. I know what I like and I know what I want. No need to venture out too far.

And I eventually will find home to match blades with the rubbers I have EJ'ed. I don't like to waste rubbers. that will be a project another day.

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.

I play only for fun and i tried or tested many but not so many yet, i think i don't have to and i won't keep testing forever, in fact i tested some rubbers from others not mine, so i got idea of many rubbers already, but from my playing style or level it is clearly the softer rubbers say softer sponge rubbers are more and better suited for my backhand, FH i have no problem much any rubber, just i don't have the techniques due to my health and body status, i am happy where i am and i don't think about it that much.

I bought few Chinese replica cheap blades and i want to use them with different rubbers on BH, LP, SP, and Anti, so i can have fun with all and learn them all, and i am trying to just stay with carbon blades rather than all wood blades, i have some all wood but i feel like i don't like the transit between non carbon to carbon, once i feel my games are ok and controlled by carbon blades then i will get rid of my all wood blades, i will try to minimize my collection as much as i can, and i am trying to test or use more of affordable cheaper items than known high brands items, after all i have another hobbies and a family to support and fund, i won't just spend everything for table tennis, if i didn't have a family to support and another hobbies and still working for example i am ready to buy DHS customed China national team blades/rubbers and also Butterfly Super ZLC blades and whatever rubbers best they have.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I play only for fun and i tried or tested many but not so many yet, i think i don't have to and i won't keep testing forever, in fact i tested some rubbers from others not mine, so i got idea of many rubbers already, but from my playing style or level it is clearly the softer rubbers say softer sponge rubbers are more and better suited for my backhand, FH i have no problem much any rubber, just i don't have the techniques due to my health and body status, i am happy where i am and i don't think about it that much.

I bought few Chinese replica cheap blades and i want to use them with different rubbers on BH, LP, SP, and Anti, so i can have fun with all and learn them all, and i am trying to just stay with carbon blades rather than all wood blades, i have some all wood but i feel like i don't like the transit between non carbon to carbon, once i feel my games are ok and controlled by carbon blades then i will get rid of my all wood blades, i will try to minimize my collection as much as i can, and i am trying to test or use more of affordable cheaper items than known high brands items, after all i have another hobbies and a family to support and fund, i won't just spend everything for table tennis, if i didn't have a family to support and another hobbies and still working for example i am ready to buy DHS customed China national team blades/rubbers and also Butterfly Super ZLC blades and whatever rubbers best they have.
If you like soft rubber with some catapult effects like me, you will find C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft, Vega Japan, and Vega Asia to be pretty much interchangeable. No need to EJ more to find out the same answer.

I also agree. I don't like to venture out too far either. I want to enjoy my purchase. I don't want to get a 50 degree ESN rubber and get disappointed.

As for Chinese clones, I have a few. They play alright. Pretty much to expectation. The Stuor Harimoto clone is too slow. Today I borrowed my friend's Butterfly Harimoto ZLC and yeah, it was too slow. My Stuor Viscaria plays pretty similar to the Viscaria I have. The Stuor and Lumeria ZJK clones are both too fast for me right now. I mean, they play fine. I like them but I would not play any serious matches with them at all. Does not fit with my current style and level right now. At the end of my clone testing, I still went back to my Gambler blades though.

This user has no status.
I agree about just fixing one blade that you feel you like or comfortable with then test different rubbers with it, no point changing both the blades and rubbers, it is like someone told me in photography or astrophotography "You dig so so many holes on the ground and never complete one, you will never get water by that, dig one or two holes all deep until either you find water or not, if yes then stop digging, if not then dig new holes, but don't dig 100 holes and never done with any", i feel it is the same idea here and in everything.

I was changing and buying many blades in the past not to find the best blade but to have an idea enough, and i felt like i saw some differences in some blades but not all, so i kept changing until i found the right one that fixed my blade foundation, DHS carbon blade, first it was Hao III then later it is Long 5X, i like both, but now i almost never play with HaoIII at all and very few times with Long 5X because i am playing with the replica Chinese one for Long 5, it has less speed than Long 5X and less control than Hao III, so somewhere in the middle, it improved my game, and with rubbers i chose it was like i am in heaven, so i just bought more blades of that one and using another rubbers for another styles, like LP for defense or SP, i am putting anti also on same replica blade, this way i know that i am using the same design blade so i don't suffer with styles changing.

Bottom line is, i don't lack equipment, i only lack practice and training and continuity, this will assure i will have good skills with whatever racket i am using, sometimes a bad racket that i feel i hate could get me win a game, while my favorite racket i will lose to some same or lower my level, so it is not always and only about equipment really, i was always searching for a perfect rubber on my BH that can kill or manage heavy spins of opponents, but i think it is my skills lacking and not rubber, almost soft rubbers helped me to a point to solve that, while LP and Anti just killed all or most spins they put but then i killed my BH strength, and thus i am now learning about flipping the grip or handle so i can attack BH from inverted rubber side.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I agree about just fixing one blade that you feel you like or comfortable with then test different rubbers with it, no point changing both the blades and rubbers, it is like someone told me in photography or astrophotography "You dig so so many holes on the ground and never complete one, you will never get water by that, dig one or two holes all deep until either you find water or not, if yes then stop digging, if not then dig new holes, but don't dig 100 holes and never done with any", i feel it is the same idea here and in everything.

I was changing and buying many blades in the past not to find the best blade but to have an idea enough, and i felt like i saw some differences in some blades but not all, so i kept changing until i found the right one that fixed my blade foundation, DHS carbon blade, first it was Hao III then later it is Long 5X, i like both, but now i almost never play with HaoIII at all and very few times with Long 5X because i am playing with the replica Chinese one for Long 5, it has less speed than Long 5X and less control than Hao III, so somewhere in the middle, it improved my game, and with rubbers i chose it was like i am in heaven, so i just bought more blades of that one and using another rubbers for another styles, like LP for defense or SP, i am putting anti also on same replica blade, this way i know that i am using the same design blade so i don't suffer with styles changing.

Bottom line is, i don't lack equipment, i only lack practice and training and continuity, this will assure i will have good skills with whatever racket i am using, sometimes a bad racket that i feel i hate could get me win a game, while my favorite racket i will lose to some same or lower my level, so it is not always and only about equipment really, i was always searching for a perfect rubber on my BH that can kill or manage heavy spins of opponents, but i think it is my skills lacking and not rubber, almost soft rubbers helped me to a point to solve that, while LP and Anti just killed all or most spins they put but then i killed my BH strength, and thus i am now learning about flipping the grip or handle so i can attack BH from inverted rubber side.
I agree with you.

On a slightly different topic, I have DHS Bo carbon first generation. I did not like it because it feels stiff and hallow. I have a DHS Power 8 wood blade and I don't like it because it vibrates. Some people love blades that vibrate because it gives them feedback. I just feel very weird playing with a blade that vibrates. Other blades that vibrate in my collectoin include Ma Lin Soft carbon, Sanwei Pro 3 and Nittaku Septear Feel Inner.

Donic Persson PowerPlay does not vibrate at all.

In summary, my initial venture into the DHS brand did not go well so I stopped. Instead I found Gambler brand. So our EJ journeys take different twists and turns from one and another.

That is also I don't really read other people's review of equipment too much. We all play differently and we have odd preferences. If finances allow, then try the rubber. Just don't break your bank in the process of doing so. And everyone's budgets are different. I mean, if I EJ'ed Butterfly products, I would have gone bankrupt long time ago.

This user has no status.
If you like soft rubber with some catapult effects like me, you will find C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft, Vega Japan, and Vega Asia to be pretty much interchangeable. No need to EJ more to find out the same answer.

I also agree. I don't like to venture out too far either. I want to enjoy my purchase. I don't want to get a 50 degree ESN rubber and get disappointed.

As for Chinese clones, I have a few. They play alright. Pretty much to expectation. The Stuor Harimoto clone is too slow. Today I borrowed my friend's Butterfly Harimoto ZLC and yeah, it was too slow. My Stuor Viscaria plays pretty similar to the Viscaria I have. The Stuor and Lumeria ZJK clones are both too fast for me right now. I mean, they play fine. I like them but I would not play any serious matches with them at all. Does not fit with my current style and level right now. At the end of my clone testing, I still went back to my Gambler blades though.

As for clones i didn't try to buy anything, i bought Long 5 clone and it was super in my hand, i even won more games than using my DHS Long 5X actually, so it is just perfect for me, i will blame my style if it didn't work, and i will end up using many, i tried Lumeria too and didn't like it, i bought also not sure which clone brand i think maybe Lumeria Hexagon Cybershape blade and didn't like it and sold it to someone who liked it really, so it is just what to choose, i wanted to see the Long 5 clones rather than other DHS or Butterfly models such as FZD or Harimoto or even Viscaria, i am happy where i am now.

The last blade i bought as clone was that Long 5 version of W968 but with Ebony wood top layer, i want to test this, and for this blade i decided to go with SP on BH, so i will collect it tomorrow from a coach i hope and test it later another time, if it is really nice then i will just stop testing SP rubbers and might buy same blade for something else maybe anti or even normal rubbers, it could be that this clone is better than the other clone, even DHS Long blade has many versions, but i won't buy a lot, i will see few rackets i have and buy maybe last 1-2 clones and then stop completely.

I use Rakza 7 soft on two blades, and Xiom Vega Europe on two blades two, all are suiting me nicely, all have nice speed, maybe Rakza 7 soft is a tad faster or catapulty, but honestly speaking, both rubbers giving me killer bakhands smashes or counters or top spin that opponents can't return, in fact i even can't see the difference that much because how good i am in backhand once i have the chance to attack, almost all rubbers i tried on backhand i was able to attack killer points, but i want soft or specific rubbers for control and a tad of defence feature if possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
As for clones i didn't try to buy anything, i bought Long 5 clone and it was super in my hand, i even won more games than using my DHS Long 5X actually, so it is just perfect for me, i will blame my style if it didn't work, and i will end up using many, i tried Lumeria too and didn't like it, i bought also not sure which clone brand i think maybe Lumeria Hexagon Cybershape blade and didn't like it and sold it to someone who liked it really, so it is just what to choose, i wanted to see the Long 5 clones rather than other DHS or Butterfly models such as FZD or Harimoto or even Viscaria, i am happy where i am now.

The last blade i bought as clone was that Long 5 version of W968 but with Ebony wood top layer, i want to test this, and for this blade i decided to go with SP on BH, so i will collect it tomorrow from a coach i hope and test it later another time, if it is really nice then i will just stop testing SP rubbers and might buy same blade for something else maybe anti or even normal rubbers, it could be that this clone is better than the other clone, even DHS Long blade has many versions, but i won't buy a lot, i will see few rackets i have and buy maybe last 1-2 clones and then stop completely.

I use Rakza 7 soft on two blades, and Xiom Vega Europe on two blades two, all are suiting me nicely, all have nice speed, maybe Rakza 7 soft is a tad faster or catapulty, but honestly speaking, both rubbers giving me killer bakhands smashes or counters or top spin that opponents can't return, in fact i even can't see the difference that much because how good i am in backhand once i have the chance to attack, almost all rubbers i tried on backhand i was able to attack killer points, but i want soft or specific rubbers for control and a tad of defence feature if possible.
I actually have a Stuor Long 5 ready to go. I have not tested it yet. Preliminary playing against my robot at home, I think I will like my Gambler blades still.

As for your inverted rubber, maybe when Rakza 7 soft and Xiom Vega Europe wear down, you can try C-1 v.s. Vega Asia v.s. Vega Japan. But it is up to you. I enjoy playing with all of them. Now I just gotta figure out how to wear down those rubbers in the next few months. Lol, I literally go back and forth between different blades with those rubbers on the BH side. So it will be quite some time before I wear all of those rubbers down.

This user has no status.
I agree with you.

On a slightly different topic, I have DHS Bo carbon first generation. I did not like it because it feels stiff and hallow. I have a DHS Power 8 wood blade and I don't like it because it vibrates. Some people love blades that vibrate because it gives them feedback. I just feel very weird playing with a blade that vibrates. Other blades that vibrate in my collectoin include Ma Lin Soft carbon, Sanwei Pro 3 and Nittaku Septear Feel Inner.

Donic Persson PowerPlay does not vibrate at all.

In summary, my initial venture into the DHS brand did not go well so I stopped. Instead I found Gambler brand. So our EJ journeys take different twists and turns from one and another.

That is also I don't really read other people's review of equipment too much. We all play differently and we have odd preferences. If finances allow, then try the rubber. Just don't break your bank in the process of doing so. And everyone's budgets are different. I mean, if I EJ'ed Butterfly products, I would have gone bankrupt long time ago.
I agree with you too.

About that vibration, i once had Butterfly Primorac EX which is the most vibrating blade i have, i really can feel it very clearly, i liked it really to a point not always, but it helped me to control my game before, and that was the first blade i tested Rakza 7 soft on it and it was amazing and blazing, but unfortunately this racket has been stolen from me in a club, i felt sad, but i moved on, and i didn't think about getting it again because it is discontinued, and i can't risk buying another blade that vibrates and it never give me same feeling of Primorac EX, either buy that EX again or none.

EJ is an addicition, i have another hobbies that i EJ with them too, i never done with any of them, but now i am trying to close the door with most of them if not, and i try to focus to finish my EJ journey in table tennis first, then i cqan focus on another hobbies journeys, i know that spending always isn't healthy, i am sure i will gone broke or bankrupt long time ago myself, but i managed my life better financially somehow to help me funding my hobby time to time, but i have to say enough and reach the end point no matter what, the only thing that maybe kept me EJ in table tennis is that i sell some of my old unused rackets which helping me to get something else either for test or long use, will see when that can last or stop.

This user has no status.
I actually have a Stuor Long 5 ready to go. I have not tested it yet. Preliminary playing against my robot at home, I think I will like my Gambler blades still.

As for your inverted rubber, maybe when Rakza 7 soft and Xiom Vega Europe wear down, you can try C-1 v.s. Vega Asia v.s. Vega Japan. But it is up to you. I enjoy playing with all of them. Now I just gotta figure out how to wear down those rubbers in the next few months. Lol, I literally go back and forth between different blades with those rubbers on the BH side. So it will be quite some time before I wear all of those rubbers down.
I don't need to wait to wear down those rubbers to buy/test another, i can just buy another while i am still using something, I will try Nittaku C-1 as you mentioned here because i am also using G-1 on FH and i like it, but my favorite rubber for forehand now no doubt is Hammond Z2, it is just a rubber that obey me for anything i ask it to do, it might not be the best in my history or in the world, but from the first time it liked my playing style more than Tenergy 05 or Fastarc G-1, so good i found FH rubber and a blade, and for BH i also like two and no harm trying 1-2 more, so i will listen to you and try maybe C-1 or Vega Asia for example.

I am shopping now for a FH rubber cheap, because Hammond Z2 isn't cheap, and also i have it new in Max thickness which i never like any rubbers at Max thickness unless it is Max 2.0 maybe, more than 2.0 and it is big X and out of my list, i didn't find anyone to buy that rubber new from me or even to swap with something else, i know a player has G-1 rubbers but he always selling products more than internet, so instead he swap with me and pay me the difference he just might take it from me without any extra paying because his is expensive one, i can tell him mine is more expensive than his, but the business mind in his head will reject my offer for sure, so i keep shopping, i came across Xiom rubbers for FH, but i am not trying to risk with them more as i didn't like their rubber in the past Xiom Sigma II but like Vega Europe, so maybe new FH rubber could be a disappointment, G-1 is nice and good price but less favorite to me than Hammond Z2, i once tried someone DNA Platinum M and it is kind of Hammond Z2 and G-1, let's say it has like G-1 top sheet and Z2 sponge and performance but a bit less, faster, so i am not sure if this can be a choice, i don't like most Stiga rubbers such as Calibra models, but i might give DNA a try if i can't find something else, and i don't want testing Donic rubbers as well or Yasaka again or Andro, i try to pick very carefully and hoping it is the right correct pick from beginning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I agree with you too.

About that vibration, i once had Butterfly Primorac EX which is the most vibrating blade i have, i really can feel it very clearly, i liked it really to a point not always, but it helped me to control my game before, and that was the first blade i tested Rakza 7 soft on it and it was amazing and blazing, but unfortunately this racket has been stolen from me in a club, i felt sad, but i moved on, and i didn't think about getting it again because it is discontinued, and i can't risk buying another blade that vibrates and it never give me same feeling of Primorac EX, either buy that EX again or none.

EJ is an addicition, i have another hobbies that i EJ with them too, i never done with any of them, but now i am trying to close the door with most of them if not, and i try to focus to finish my EJ journey in table tennis first, then i cqan focus on another hobbies journeys, i know that spending always isn't healthy, i am sure i will gone broke or bankrupt long time ago myself, but i managed my life better financially somehow to help me funding my hobby time to time, but i have to say enough and reach the end point no matter what, the only thing that maybe kept me EJ in table tennis is that i sell some of my old unused rackets which helping me to get something else either for test or long use, will see when that can last or stop.
Yes, I am pretty the new Primorac will play differently than the older Primorac that you really enjoyed.

I am starting to unload some of the items in my inventory and I am surprised that some of my clubmates are more than happy to pay me for it. They usually say, do you want to trade? But at this point, I don't really have anything I want from other people. I know what I want. And with my blades and rubber (no Butterfly rubber please for the most part), I can unload it at affordable price. I am not selling $350 set-up or $650 set-up. Two clubmates have gotten stuff from me and they like my taste. And they enjoyed my set-up so that is also nice. It will save them time, energy and money if I already set it up for them. I am not making money off of it. It is just to unload some of the excessive inventory. For example, do I really need 8 blackout carbons? I think I will pare it down to 4 eventually. My clubmates also like the way I boosted my hurricane and broken them in mechnically for them already. So, so far so good. I have some unopened sheets of various ESN rubber that I need to unload too. I will give someone at the club a good deal so they can enjoy those.