Using H3 41 on my BH . . . .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
On my old W968, I've tried many rubbers on my BH - H3 37 provincial, D09C and D05. On my FH I always love the tacky old TG2 41 degree.

Recently I flipped and play TG2 on BH for fun. My block became so much more consistent. So I order a few sheets of H3 41 unboosted and slapped one on my BH.

Unsurprising, the 41 degree unboosted is even slower than my H3 37 degree. But the "dead" feel came with a huge bonus. I could return almost anything with any stroke - loop, chop, side chop, smash, passive block etc. In fact, the "dead" H3 gave my opponent so much trouble because my BH return can go really short, or dangerously long and fast.

I know this trial is quite unorthodox but I love the feeling.

This user has no status.
I could return almost anything with any stroke - loop, chop, side chop, smash, passive block etc. In fact, the "dead" H3 gave my opponent so much trouble because my BH return can go really short, or dangerously long and fast.
So when i lie in bed crying, wondering how my opponent pushed my topspin serve(its heavy topsin) i should check for hurricane on the backhand. Note taken.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Read 1 reviews
I KNOW, a buddy of mine has the exact same thing on his BH and it's a nightmare to get used to it. The ball literally drops when he blocks my loops, it feels like you're playing against anti.

And sometimes he does this really super exaggerated upward stroke and you think the ball is loaded with topspin but nope, the rubber is so hard that he can't impart any topspin on it unless he's really accelerating.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I had that same idea and experience.
Instead of H3 41 I used the Pro Turbo Blue.
Its supposed to be 60 degree ESN scale.
Very hard and very Solid for almost every thing.
Chops, blocks, pushes, serves, even Smashes and punches.
I have it on my Stiga OC and the Idea was to sort of use it as a semi defensive/offensive weapon.
Being able to return every thing with quality while still having a grippy and tacky rubber.
Twiddling to use it on Forehand and backhand.

Couldnt play against any "good" players yet to say how it behave but it has undiscovered Potential.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have a couple Hurricane red 41 degree from Aliexpress. I bought it to see if I like it on my forehand. I have always used 39 degree hurricane from TT11. I recently used 40 degree on my forehand. I don't like it THAT much yet. At the time, I also bought some 41 degree sheets.

Now I guess I should try 41 degree on the backhand side, no boosting. That is an interesting idea! I don't loop that much anyway. Block and push are what I do on my backhand side. To cut down some weight, I will leave a bit of a gap between the rubber and the handle on the BH side.

Interesting..... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So when i lie in bed crying, wondering how my opponent pushed my topspin serve(its heavy topsin) i should check for hurricane on the backhand. Note taken.

I used to hate those slow supper spinny loop. My return just flies out of the table.

With my dead H3 I smashed so many slow spinny loops my opponent was shocked 😂😂

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I KNOW, a buddy of mine has the exact same thing on his BH and it's a nightmare to get used to it. The ball literally drops when he blocks my loops, it feels like you're playing against anti.

And sometimes he does this really super exaggerated upward stroke and you think the ball is loaded with topspin but nope, the rubber is so hard that he can't impart any topspin on it unless he's really accelerating.
It could be a dead topsheet. Mine is slow but very spinny. My H3 is the old model, very tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I had that same idea and experience.
Instead of H3 41 I used the Pro Turbo Blue.
Its supposed to be 60 degree ESN scale.
Very hard and very Solid for almost every thing.
Chops, blocks, pushes, serves, even Smashes and punches.
I have it on my Stiga OC and the Idea was to sort of use it as a semi defensive/offensive weapon.
Being able to return every thing with quality while still having a grippy and tacky rubber.
Twiddling to use it on Forehand and backhand.

Couldnt play against any "good" players yet to say how it behave but it has undiscovered Potential.
I have the turbo blue and love it. But its weight means I have to use 1.8mm on a light blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have a couple Hurricane red 41 degree from Aliexpress. I bought it to see if I like it on my forehand. I have always used 39 degree hurricane from TT11. I recently used 40 degree on my forehand. I don't like it THAT much yet. At the time, I also bought some 41 degree sheets.

Now I guess I should try 41 degree on the backhand side, no boosting. That is an interesting idea! I don't loop that much anyway. Block and push are what I do on my backhand side. To cut down some weight, I will leave a bit of a gap between the rubber and the handle on the BH side.

Interesting..... :)

I don’t attack or loop much on my BH. H3 41 allows variable shots, spin and placement with ease. Smash is a joy and is very loud 😂

To my surprise, banana flick is very easy probably because my old 968 is quite flexible

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
On my old W968, I've tried many rubbers on my BH - H3 37 provincial, D09C and D05. On my FH I always love the tacky old TG2 41 degree.

Recently I flipped and play TG2 on BH for fun. My block became so much more consistent. So I order a few sheets of H3 41 unboosted and slapped one on my BH.

Unsurprising, the 41 degree unboosted is even slower than my H3 37 degree. But the "dead" feel came with a huge bonus. I could return almost anything with any stroke - loop, chop, side chop, smash, passive block etc. In fact, the "dead" H3 gave my opponent so much trouble because my BH return can go really short, or dangerously long and fast.

I know this trial is quite unorthodox but I love the feeling.
lmao u transformed dead h3 into half long pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I used to play NEO H3 41° (unboosted) and baracuda at my viscaria, people hated me and I rarely lost. I absolutely loved it! 😂
Why did you move away playing H3 neo 41 degree unboosted at the end?

So I have looked into my inventory. Yes I have two sheets of H3 neo 41 degree, both are red.

Now I am sooooo intrigued......