Wang Hao & Ma Lin sign for Russian clubs!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You're welcome! I'll keep an eye on that event and hope to be posting more news once they're cooked by Ma Lin and Co. As for the Ma's replacement by Wang Hao this week, you're obviously right.

I am basically a fan of the UMMC table tennis club and it was too tempting for me to post here the news about the club and Ma Lin knowing that not many Russian TT news sources are generally available for non-Russian speakers. Hope this disavantage will be improved as more and more eyes are on the Russian TT clubs.

Awesome stuff! Try to get us loads of pics and videos if you can! :) Thanks for all your info, very helpful and kind of you to share with us :)

This user has no status.
Here's an update: a higher quality video of the full match between Ma Lin (Yekaterinburg) and Vyacheslav Burov (Moscow) from a fantastic Alex Lomaev's YouTube channel.

Ma Lin was sensationally defeated (2:3) by V. Burov, a recently crowned Russian Premier League Champion in men's singles.

Here are the post-match words of the UMMC's head coach, Tatyana Kutergina and the link to the full article: (the article is in Russian, sorry)

- Honestly speaking, I haven't been expecting any grand achievements from Ma Lin. That he was not prepared appropriately to a serious encounter was seen during the first practice already. He hadn't been playing for a long time and suffered from a knee injury. He fought well today but obviously it was very hard for him to act so that sometimes he even didn't catch up with the pace of his opponents' play. All in all, I am only satisfied with the performance of our double {Ma Lin and Tan Ruiwu} for which I am confident now. It turns out that again we lose the matches we are confident in. There now, no game in which we started poorly was eventually won but the other way around - any number.

Ma Lin's comment of the matches:

- You've got a very strong championship. It's evident that the professionals of high level compete in it. As for my level of play, I'm not happy with it. I am affected by the lack of training. I hope that when I play for UMMC in the Championship play-off at the end of May I'll be able to make our supporter's day with more confident play. Many thanks to the fans for their support: the match lasted almost 5 hours and the table tennis fans supported the players throughout the match.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Awesome stuff! Try to get us loads of pics and videos if you can! :) Thanks for all your info, very helpful and kind of you to share with us :)

Hi Dan! I'll try my best to get many pics and vids but there's a strange thing that even the UMMC's website hasn't featured any pics of the matches yet. I am not sure if they'll do it.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan! I'll try my best to get many pics and vids but there's a strange thing that even the UMMC's website hasn't featured any pics of the matches yet. I am not sure if they'll do it.

Okay buddy, hopefully we can get something :) Have a good time! :)

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
These sort of transactions could really move the sport in a great direction I believe!

Yes this is a great move by china. Because players like wang li quin are not being picked as often, but if ma lin and wang hao go to europe they can still play alot, although surely they will still consider them for upcoming selections

Reactions: TableTennisDaily