says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan
I don't think so
Michael Zhuang who isn't on the forum this month, is still sitting on 50. The same number as of 1 Feb.
It was only that one that I spotted on the 1st of Feb. There could be others, but 50 on day 1 was very obvious

Yeah good spot, it's not correct will get this looked into Tony and update.

Note: After writing a post and placing a smilie, the cursor often gets
stuck. This can be a bit of a pain especially if you have some more writing to do after placing the smilie.

Hi Lodro, this isnt happening to us and struggling to replicate it. Are you able to send a screen recording of an example please so we know what's going on.

Thanks 🏓

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Yes, the forum posts.

If I remember correctly, there used to be a setting "Thread view", with options. I set "Latest first" long time ago. It's good if you follow a thread, you see someone posts (perhaps even with notification), you make 1 click and see it. I'd expect it should be the default :)
I also prefer reverse chronological order by default. Would be great if the old behavior that latej described was reimplemented. 'Jump to new' doesn't always work (sometimes doesn't recognize I've already seen the post) or not always desirable (ex: long thread where I prefer to skip to end and start with last page.. I can navigate backwards if I need context). Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Is there still a button some where that links to the old "Your Threads"? I only see an option for "Your Content" after clicking the username on the top right corner, which shows all the posts I've posted. It would be nice to have a link to show only the threads started by me like before.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I also prefer reverse chronological order by default. Would be great if the old behavior that latej described was reimplemented. 'Jump to new' doesn't always work (sometimes doesn't recognize I've already seen the post) or not always desirable (ex: long thread where I prefer to skip to end and start with last page.. I can navigate backwards if I need context). Thanks.

Hey @pongfugrasshopper I got you, we will implement something like this, I agree this feature is very handy. Thanks for the feedback 🏓

Is there still a button some where that links to the old "Your Threads"? I only see an option for "Your Content" after clicking the username on the top right corner, which shows all the posts I've posted. It would be nice to have a link to show only the threads started by me like before.

Hey @DukeGaGa yeah I've had problems with this feature myself and know exactly what you mean. We will get this sorted right away.

Yesterday and today the site blocked me out several times.

I'd say the recent changes should be reverted, it is much worse than before.

Seeing a lot of spam sucks, but being blocked sucks much more.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Sorry about this @latej it was due to all the tweaking to stop spam. You shouldn't have this problem anymore, please let us know if it happens again 🙏

Reactions: DukeGaGa

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Update on spam:

Hey everyone, thanks so much for your patience on the spam! We have completely changed the registration process which means spam bots will not be able to get in. The mod team will manually approve real users on the backend, if this doesn't work, nothing will haha 🏓

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am glad someone else used that feature. I find it very useful for certain things that I wasn't sure most members would care about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the hardwork in maintaining this site, I am just wondering if black background feature will be added?
I also wonder if we could also add the previous feature where if I comment in a thread and then there is a new comment, I would be alerted. Sometimes now if I comment on a thread but someone else comments but does not interact with my post, I do not even know they have replied.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Sorry about this @latej it was due to all the tweaking to stop spam. You shouldn't have this problem anymore, please let us know if it happens again 🙏

Thanks Dan. First it blocked me when I tried to give a like to a post. Incidentally it also blocked me when I tried to give a like to your/this post :). I found the site doesn't allow me to open more than N tabs. When I open the site, I see new posts, open them in tabs, then go read them. Recently the site decides to block when I open more than N (you know the exact nr.), and then all other sub-sequent requests, until some time-out. It seems no-one else complains about it but me though, maybe majority reads the site more sequentially.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi @Dan
Can the team look at proper blocking features, not just ignore list features for the next update.
for example, since I "block" some one, then he shouldn't see what I do, and the threads I created.
Similar to social media platforms.
So for, ignore list means I can't see him, but he still sees me.
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi @Dan
Can the team look at proper blocking features, not just ignore list features for the next update.
for example, since I "block" some one, then he shouldn't see what I do, and the threads I created.
Similar to social media platforms.
So for, ignore list means I can't see him, but he still sees me.
Thanks
I don’t like this proposal. I think the forum should be open for everyone. It’s ok if you want to censor information to yourself, but I don’t think you should be able to censor information to others.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmmm, can 10k characters be extended? I find it not sufficient.

Képernyőkép 2023-02-19 223944.png

• Wow
Reactions: Dan and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Just noticed that the keywords filter under "Reviews" isn't working. And to be clear, all the other clickable filters are working, just the user typed "search" is not.

For example, if I check the "Butterfly" under "Brands", it shows me a grid of Butterfly products that has reviews. But if I type in "Viscaria" in the search, it will say "There are no items matching your filters", even though the search bar itself recognized my input, and had a small pop up to let me pick between "Viscaria" and "Viscaria Light".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Yeah good spot, it's not correct will get this looked into Tony and update.

Hi Lodro, this isnt happening to us and struggling to replicate it. Are you able to send a screen recording of an example please so we know what's going on.

Thanks 🏓
speaking as a retired network admin, things like cursor slowness etc may relate to network issues for individual users (their wifi provider, or their own router or browser, or computer hardware for instance) performance issues for users round the world are bound to be different and will often have local causes. That's one of the reasons it's very helpful to have a real IT pro assisting with diagnosis so you don't waste time on things beyond your control. Making sure your server processes are near to optimum performance should be your general aim

Reactions: Dan