What do you call this?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wright, I'm so disappointed in you.

I waz counting on you to tell dude to warm up hiz milk, add sum malt and cacao, drink it down slowly, and have mamma tuck him in sound and safe in hiz bed.

REALLY ??? Amateur players GOTTA have a handicap JUST BECAUSE LPs are NOT FAIR ???

What leftist Marxist oppressor/victim mentality we need equity and reparations nonsense thinking.

The big daddy TT government has GOTTA make outcomes equal? Howz about just the chance to compete?

As a recreational player, I never asked for this nonsense. I hit with 3 gents wielding LP who were around or above my play level. That didn't last long as I got better quicker than they did simply by learning to play vs LP and use my technical and tactical advantages?

Even if Gozo waz somehow not serious, this kind of thinking needs to be strongly rejected at every turn.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In the recent OCTTA seniors tourney south of Los Angelas this spring, in group stage, I face TWO LP wielding players.
I whipped those jokers so bad their vaginas got all swole up and hurt. They both had to do an emergency one hour Amazon delivery order of three cases of Midol to the venue so they could binge pop entire bottles just restore their dignity.

That is how you should be able to cope with LPs. You know what they do, it doesn't hurt you, but you put the big hurt on them.

Those jokers wanted to go to the tourney director and declare me illegal and unfair. They could not handle heavy spin or smash ball pace after i served to their pips and crush killed their return. It was so unfair that an out of town trouble maker could come to THEIR club and clobber them there. EVERY player has the opportunity to play like that vs them if they do not get severe bouts of PMS and cowardness.

They both cried a river and had to hide from their friends.

Unfortunately, two players advance from group and one of them was one of the LP players I crushed... that dude made it to the SEMIS and won vs players who play pretty decent vs inverted.

So at the end, the LP dude was giving away bottles of Midol to hiz defeated opponents.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For anyone not knowing what Midol is... that is the OTC drug you take for relief from the effects of the one week you be bleeding from that thing between ur legs.

L0634121.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Wright, I'm so disappointed in you.

I waz counting on you to tell dude to warm up hiz milk, add sum malt and cacao, drink it down slowly, and have mamma tuck him in sound and safe in hiz bed.

REALLY ??? Amateur players GOTTA have a handicap JUST BECAUSE LPs are NOT FAIR ???

What leftist Marxist oppressor/victim mentality we need equity and reparations nonsense thinking.

The big daddy TT government has GOTTA make outcomes equal? Howz about just the chance to compete?

As a recreational player, I never asked for this nonsense. I hit with 3 gents wielding LP who were around or above my play level. That didn't last long as I got better quicker than they did simply by learning to play vs LP and use my technical and tactical advantages?

Even if Gozo waz somehow not serious, this kind of thinking needs to be strongly rejected at every turn.
I have lost most of my lost matches this season vs pips players, but I’m closing that gap slowly but surely - it’s a puzzle, but it’s solvable..

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
well, i'm using numbers of LP players that can be or are higher than 2000. Which is a very high number.

You see, this style of play is more popular in Asia, and has been for decades.
If you are this style and not say 2000 by the time you finish elementary school, then you should really stop playing table tennis in Taiwan, and rather move away from sports class to academic class.

In fact in Taiwan, if you are in the TT system and if you can't reach 2000, you are really fooling around. Even the weakest "premier" high school girl player i've seen would be over 2000. 2nd division high school girl players could also surpass 2000 too.

correct, as I said, LP players actually need a lot of hours of training to be able to understand and master the spin.
It isn't that easy to use, but then the people who are confused are likely below 2000, or don't have any proper TT hours behind them.
TT school kids easily do 35 hours a week, 50 weeks a year. So easily 1500+ hours a year.
If you only do 5 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, that is 250 hours, or barely a 6 to 1 ratio.

I would say, at the moment they are maybe around 2550.
if you put double inverted on, they would likely be around 2200~2300.
They would still be able to block non stop and the opponent would need to be very consistent to be able to win.
You can't just take away that "feel" of the ball from them.

yep, agree
it is mostly low level players who think this.
the same players would struggle with inverted spin too.
table tennis in higher level is more about the spin than anything else and this aspect is what differs 2600 players to 2800 players.
The understanding of spin and management of the spin is what makes one different to the other.
One of the unstated assumptions is that there is nothing in inverted setups that could be used to play these hitting styles maybe in thinner sponge. It might be correct, but it might also be wrong. People shouldn't assume that banning these rubbers means that the users will go to fast inverted lol. I have seen someone play with ancient inverted and the ball speed was hard to time and his ability to control my topspins at the table was ridiculous.

This user has no status.
Tbh I learnt a lot of disgusting shot patterns from the LPers lol - although i do hate playing against them (even when I win i get a bad taste in my mouth). Imo there's a lot of unstated assumptions that a lot of inverted players adhere to when they play, and a lot play without bothering to challenge these assumptions which makes them 1 dimensional in play. For eg... you can create topspin when you push to get the opponent to pop the ball up when they push it. You can even create underspin when you flick the ball too! And when you loop, does it always have to be late timing scooped from below the table with massive topspin? Can you lift the ball with residual backspin and disguise the shot as a loop? Or maybe just hit it dead with the right blade angle if you want the opponent to net it. You can also do chopblocking with inverted too.

A lot of the LP strokes actually work quite well with inverted too, for eg the sideswipe. The real advantage of LP is its spin insensitivity , which makes them have a huge advantage in serve receive. But of course they pay for it when they have to attack - they have to be super precise with it because there's no strong topspin generation which is a crutch that inverted players use to land the shot even when we don't read the incoming spin/speed perfectly.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
One of the unstated assumptions is that there is nothing in inverted setups that could be used to play these hitting styles maybe in thinner sponge. It might be correct, but it might also be wrong. People shouldn't assume that banning these rubbers means that the users will go to fast inverted lol. I have seen someone play with ancient inverted and the ball speed was hard to time and his ability to control my topspins at the table was ridiculous.
well,

i've face players who are already good way before I was born.
inverted one side cpen
that inverted chop block is more difficult to get back than a LP chop block

I can do a very strong and fast low arc top spin to them, and they will underspin the ball back to me, forcing a high arc next ball, and then he will push me onto both ends and make me look like a noob.

a master is a master, even if you give them inverted and that is what I'm trying to point out.