What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Did you try H8-80?
H3 is likely to have reduced tackiness, which may ( or may not) suit your play style and technique. Depends if it’s old or new topsheet.
Oh, it was amazing, wasn't as spinny as my Golden Tango or Razka Z, but far more disturbing on power shots (no upward kick) and I was able to loop serves and smash counters better. I am going to take advantage of the TT11 special and get a few more. Hope my body can hold up playing with this but since I am using carbon blades now (vs all wood when I used Big Dipper), it can't be that bad. The rubber has a lot of potential for everything I do, and I think I can get better with it because my consistency will go way up. The only issue is that it might require a power output that I might need to get fitter to sustain. But that is why I take my collagen peptides lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: kindof99 and IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Oh, it was amazing, wasn't as spinny as my Golden Tango or Razka Z, but far more disturbing on power shots (no upward kick) and I was able to loop serves and smash counters better. I am going to take advantage of the TT11 special and get a few more. Hope my body can hold up playing with this but since I am using carbon blades now (vs all wood when I used Big Dipper), it can't be that bad. The rubber has a lot of potential for everything I do, and I think I can get better with it because my consistency will go way up. The only issue is that it might require a power output that I might need to get fitter to sustain. But that is why I take my collagen peptides lol.
If you are feeling good, then you could get an experimental sheet of H8 hard or mid hard, sure this is going to need more effort but the low fast forward shooting top spin kick on loops / loop kills is the bees knees!!

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just glued Stiga Dragon Grip on my Carbonado 45, testing it tomorrow with my robot and Monday at the club. On FH coming from Fastarc G1 (which I really liked, except serves, they have more spin with tacky rubbers) and before that Nittaku H3 Neo (8701) for comparison. A downside of DG is the weight: 52-53 grams cut, maybe I'll get used to it.
View attachment 28918
Nice rug. Can you make a honest review of it?😂

This user has no status.
Which hybrids have the lowest throw angle?
I'm not going to say it's definitely the lowest, but I do find the Codexx SuperSelect to be quite low. I've written elsewhere on the forum about the rubber so I won't write a lot here, but it's been my favorite rubber to use thus far out of ever next gen ESN rubber. Can't imagine using anything else right now, but I will probably give K3 and Bluestar A1 a try just to see what the hype is about.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Nice rug. Can you make a honest review of it?😂
sure, these are my impressions only after a session with my robot and a session at the club.
Tackiness: Stiga DG is barely tacky, at least the sheet I have lifts the ball 3-4 mm
Feeling: feels very hard, as expected, but does not feel like a Chinese rubber, more like a harder version of G1.
Serves: for me better than G1, but not as good as H3 (or any Chinese rubber)
Spin on top spin drives: very high, comparable to H3
Speed: high, like G1 or even a bit higher. For short game is similar to G1, little catapult effect, so lots of control.
Overall I think has more gears G1 but it's also more demanding, less forgiving of poor executed strokes. So G1 is probably more fun to play with, but advanced players may enjoy DG if they can take advantage of it (big if).
The other downside is the price, at $54 is the most expensive rubber I ever bought, and I'm not sure it's worth for me at least.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
The porous sponge is quite bouncy while the topsheet makes a curve like D09c so I don't really need to brush the ball I can hit quite forward and it clears the net and it's fast too.
It's really easy to use I don't know if I would say it's better than D09c but I felt like it's much easier to use and in difficult situations that is important. K3 is also light, compared to other C touch rubbers. Cut on a BTY head I remember about 49g so that's very good for a 53deg rubber. The Xiom Omega Chinas and Joola Dynaryz ZGR are much heavier.
I don't wanna praise it much as the durability is truly shit, but I will say every C touch rubber's durability is unacceptable.

I wish Chinese companies could make a good hybrid. I prefer the Chinese topsheets, but most rubbers without booster are just a no go. Sure LAC is pretty good but durability again...

I wonder how Xu Xin's rubber fares. Even the "special" version at 40USD is a pretty good deal if it is bouncy enough.
I have been using K3 for now 2 months or so. After first month it kind of lost its tackiness but grip, speed, control etc. feels like it just stays the same or even better. (or I got better at using it).
When do you see the grip, speed, control qualities drop? after how long? I really love this rubber and pray for as long time as possible enjoying it until I have to let it go. I wont buy another if it dies too fast. despite its such an amazing rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
I have tried Vega China, Rakza Z, and Omega 7 China Yin.

In my opinion, Vega China is the best hybrid rubber. It feels similar to boosted Hurricane 3 and dare I say, give me better spin than boosted Hurricane 3. Alas, it's hard to find that rubber now. I can use it for forehand and backhand no problem.
Rakza Z. Second best. Easy to use and is still satisfying. I don't know why people find it slow because while it's slower than Yin and Vega China, it's still quite fast when you hit it hard. Preferable on backhand because it's not hard enough for me on the forehand.
Omega 7 Yin isn't really my cup of tea because I don't feel any compression on the rubber when I loop with it. It's easy to lift backspin with Yin but I feel like it's way too easy it's not satisfying, unlike when I use chinese rubber or Vega China.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I have tried Vega China, Rakza Z, and Omega 7 China Yin.

In my opinion, Vega China is the best hybrid rubber. It feels similar to boosted Hurricane 3 and dare I say, give me better spin than boosted Hurricane 3. Alas, it's hard to find that rubber now. I can use it for forehand and backhand no problem.
Rakza Z. Second best. Easy to use and is still satisfying. I don't know why people find it slow because while it's slower than Yin and Vega China, it's still quite fast when you hit it hard. Preferable on backhand because it's not hard enough for me on the forehand.
Omega 7 Yin isn't really my cup of tea because I don't feel any compression on the rubber when I loop with it. It's easy to lift backspin with Yin but I feel like it's way too easy it's not satisfying, unlike when I use chinese rubber or Vega China.
how's the difference between vega china and hurricane 3 on service?
I used Tau 2 and I had trouble making quality serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
In my experience, it's similar. I don't find any difference serving with either Vega China or H3. Both are loaded with spin and I think I put more spin on the serve with vega china than with h3.
You should try the rubber if you can get it. Try it yourself and maybe you'll love it. Only reason I'm not using vega china today is because it's hard to find here. Even if they sell one, it only comes in red and I don't like using red on my forehand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
In my experience, it's similar. I don't find any difference serving with either Vega China or H3. Both are loaded with spin and I think I put more spin on the serve with vega china than with h3.
You should try the rubber if you can get it. Try it yourself and maybe you'll love it. Only reason I'm not using vega china today is because it's hard to find here. Even if they sell one, it only comes in red and I don't like using red on my forehand.
I'll think about it, Imma run TMXi Pro with Hurricane 3 first and see if I need to adjust the speed.
if not then I stick with old faithful.

I am also interested in this topic, because I am tired of boosters and the constant change in the properties of the forehand rubber over time. I want something stable, but not as expensive as Digniсs 09С.
In this regard, I am very interested in the Nittaku Sieger PK50. There are good reviews for this rubber here on the forum and on revspin, and there is positive video review. Also, the PK50 is not an old generation rubber and is on sale at a normal price. But what confuses me and stops me from buying is the absence of PK50 on the official Nittaku website. A search on the site finds only news about this from 2020. Why does this happen?
I tried Rakza Z and Tibhar K3 and didn't like the high throw. I'm used to playing H3 and N-80 and I need a lower angle. Also, Rakza Z was too soft for me and not fast enough in sudden movements. Dragon Grip judging by the reviews, it is short-lived, in addition, I have 20 years of negative experience playing with rubber from Stiga. Joola is more expensive here, besides, I don’t like their strategy, when there is no one rubber for a decent period of time, and constant new products with complex combinations of letters lead to confusion.
If I don’t find the answer to Nittaku, then most likely my choice will be Rakza Z EH.
Yinhe Jupiter Asia

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
What do you mean? lack of spin?
I find I can really load serves with spin using Tau 2, Spin capability is very high, up there with RZ, GT, Dragon grip, K3 etc etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
What do you mean? lack of spin?
I find I can really load serves with spin using Tau 2, Spin capability is very high, up there with RZ, GT, Dragon grip, K3 etc etc
The topsheet of Tau 2 was very different from hurricane 3, so I had trouble creating the amount of spin I usually make with Hurricane 3. Tau 2 was also harder to keep the ball short.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
sure, these are my impressions only after a session with my robot and a session at the club.
Tackiness: Stiga DG is barely tacky, at least the sheet I have lifts the ball 3-4 mm
Feeling: feels very hard, as expected, but does not feel like a Chinese rubber, more like a harder version of G1.
Serves: for me better than G1, but not as good as H3 (or any Chinese rubber)
Spin on top spin drives: very high, comparable to H3
Speed: high, like G1 or even a bit higher. For short game is similar to G1, little catapult effect, so lots of control.
Overall I think has more gears G1 but it's also more demanding, less forgiving of poor executed strokes. So G1 is probably more fun to play with, but advanced players may enjoy DG if they can take advantage of it (big if).
The other downside is the price, at $54 is the most expensive rubber I ever bought, and I'm not sure it's worth for me at least.
Thank you for the review. But I was talking about your rug:)

• Love
Reactions: Tiz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Instantly fell in love with Rakza Z when I tried it, having played with H3 for a while, but I am an amateur and I would like to have a rubber where I have to work in the right technique to use it. Rakza Z feels like it automates the action because it holds on to the ball and still sends back opponents spin. It turned my style into a blocker because I win most points by passively using my opponents spin and controlling the ball instead of developing sufficient technique to generate my own spin efficiently. Every rubber has its upsides and downsides ... it would also help if there was a slower version for my level. Do you guys think going from 2.0 mm to 1.8 mm would work?