Whether to upgrade my rubber?

This user has no status.
Hi there fellow table tennis players hear me out

I'm going to buy the Tibhar evolution MXP in black for backhand to replace my butterfly Sriver but i would like to hear your opinion before purchasing it. Umm i have receive numerous amounts of scoldings from my colleagues in my table tennis club to change my backhand rubber. The reason for this is that i have used it ongoing for two years or three with the skyline 3 i previously had but ever since the change from skyline to JP 03 a few months back i have massively improved in my forehand attack and play much more efficiently and better. Do u think i should make this change to my backhand to further my progress in my backhand. I can do the majority of the backhand techniques and are consistent when it comes to match play and general training at my level which can consist e.g (Blocking, flicking, looping, counterdrive etc...)
Last thing will my blade's properties have a massive effect when i play with the rubber since it is much harder in sponge than the Sriver.:confused:

Be free to make any comment and i really appreciate it thank you :)

James

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Try out other people's rubber in your club and see whether there is anything you like or do not like - after testing, then decide whether what you like outweighs what you do not like. No one can tell you what rubber to like from afar on this forum. We will only tell you what we like and do not like. You may not even know how good we are, yet we will be telling you things that may not make sense based on how good we really are.

That said, the biggest reason to use a more modern rubber is if your aggressive backhand loop is a major weapon. If you are more into consistent blocking and all round play as opposed to full looping, something slower is usually recommended. But if you want to do more looping than anything else, then something more aggressive makes sense. I tend to loop a lot on my backhand so I use pretty fast rubber there as well.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What NextLevel said plus one, errr, maybe plus one hundred! [emoji2]

Another thing to think about. If you do get a modern rubber, usually, people use softer versions of rubbers on BH unless their technique is pretty high level.

So, a common Tenergy setup would be:

FH T05
BH T05fx

MX-P is harder than EL-P and FX-P. I have MX-P on BH and it feels good to me. But I have had a few people tell me I may be better off with FX-P from watching me play. And my BH is definitely a strong weapon for my game and better in many ways (but not all ways) than my FH.

But trying different things, as NextLevel already said, will really help you be able to choose for yourself.

Sent from MesozoicEra via TroubleMakerTimeWarp

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D