Women's World Cup

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Two top players show top table tennis, but people are unhappy because both players are Chinese. Do you like table tennis or drama and media stories?
ValuableDistantChihuahua-size_restricted.gif

PlasticInsistentBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Jan 2018
  “石川加油,赢一局!”看到不在状态的日本名将,现场友好的球迷喊出了这样的口号。“听到了,我也希望拿一局啊。”来到混合采访区,石川苦笑了起来。
  有细心的记者提到在落后时,失望的她摇头的动作,石川坦言:“可能不是因为自己打得不好,对手肯定很强,自己没有上风球,打得很下风。”上个月的保加利亚公开赛女单1/4决赛上,尽管也是不敌丁宁,但她以2-4告负,不同于今天的脆败。“
  我上次跟她打的时候自己的发挥很好,这一个月准备得比较多,对左手。(因为知道)能进半决赛的话就是对丁宁,不过还是前三板,还有相持的时候自己没有上风,今天的球一直都感觉是下风的球。”石川用流利的中文,进行了认真的赛后总结。
"Keep it up, Ishikawa. Take a game!" Seeing the Japanese star who is not on form, the friendly fans then hollered "I heard that, I also want to take a game." Ishikawa showed up with a wry smile in the mixed zone.

A reporter mentioned that when she was behind, she shook her head in disappointment. "Perhaps it's not because I played bad, the opponent is certainly very strong, I didn't have the upper hand." admitted Ishikawa. In the WS QF of the Bulgarian Open last month, even though she was also defeated by Ding Ning, she lost 2-4, a stark contrast from today's straight-game loss."

Last time we met, I played very well. I prepared more against lefties this past month, (because I knew) I would go up against DN if I could reach the SF.[She knew the draw ahead of time?] However, it's still the third ball, and in rallies that which I have no advantage. Today, I always felt like it was an uphill battle. " Ishikawa gave her analysis in fluent Chinese.

对于他的“回归”,石川佳纯透露已经知晓,并直言随着刘国梁的归来中国队将实力大增:“我看新闻了。中国队对我们来说一直是很强大的对手,刘导回来了肯定更强大了,我们就做好自己。”
On LGL's "return", Ishikawa stated "I watched the news. The CNT has always been a very strong opponent, and it will definitely grow even stronger now that he's returned. We'll just do our best."

Last edited:

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Two top players show top table tennis, but people are unhappy because both players are Chinese. Do you like table tennis or drama and media stories?

Do you like boring World Cups and a boring 4:0 final? It wasn't even a close final. A World Tour is much more enjoyable because there are much more chinese players involved with an unpredictable outcome usually.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
@zeio

actually according to http://results.ittf.link/index.php?...resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

its 14+1

I feel very sad for Kasumi its not fun for her

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic occasionnaly fall to other players ranked just below them. Kasumi couldn't get even ONE win from a top Chinese player, despite fighting them quite a lot of times in semis or finals.

Now now... she has beaten Wu Yang several times. Ever since the new ball was put into play!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Do you like boring World Cups and a boring 4:0 final? It wasn't even a close final. A World Tour is much more enjoyable because there are much more chinese players involved with an unpredictable outcome usually.

ZYL and DN have played some thrillers in the past. Noticeably in the last world champs. ZYL was just not at her best in this tournament may be because of recent blade change or whatever. Still, I would not say the final was boring. Infact the quality of the match was, I think, the best of the tournament. In the after match interview , DN's coach rated this match as her best in past 2 years.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
I think the World Cup does need a potential change of format. Is the Asian Cup invitation only? So you basically have an invite to get another invite. It should perhaps automatically include the top 5 world ranked players who didn't otherwise qualify or something.

The current format involving invitational continental cups was established in 2013. The old format before then was an invitational event limited to roughly 20 players that include the world cup holder, world champion, continental representatives and top world-ranked players.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Results from Day 3 (Sun 30 October 2018):

Semi-finals:

[1] Zhu Yuling 4:1 Cheng I-Ching [4] (11:6, 11:4, 11:13, 11:5, 11:8)
[3] Ding Ning 4:0 Kasumi Ishikawa [2] (11:7, 11:5, 11:3, 11:9)

3rd place match:

[4] Cheng I-Ching 4:1 Kasumi Ishikawa [2] (11:8, 11:7, 12:10, 13:15, 11:8)

Final:

[3] Ding Ning 4:0 Zhu Yuling [1] (11:9, 11:8, 12:10, 11:8)

Final standings:
Gold: Ding Ning (China) [3]
Silver: Zhu Yuling (China) [1]
Bronze: Cheng I-Ching (Chinese Taipei) [4]
4th place: Kasumi Ishikawa (Japan) [2]

Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Couldn't agree more. DN seemed really pumped up. Some great rallies, fast off the bounce exchanges.
ZYL and DN have played some thrillers in the past. Noticeably in the last world champs. ZYL was just not at her best in this tournament may be because of recent blade change or whatever. Still, I would not say the final was boring. Infact the quality of the match was, I think, the best of the tournament. In the after match interview , DN's coach rated this match as her best in past 2 years.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ding Ning was world #6 before the tournament. How many spots will she move up after winning?

IMHO she should have been ranked #1 for quite some time.
she is already rank no 2
https://www.ittf.com/rankings/

It is hard to say, she is not very regular she has some ups like now and after that she can loose to lower ranked players.
I think nowadays form is:
1. DN
2. LSW
3. WM
4. ZYL
5. CM

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Ding Ning was world #6 before the tournament. How many spots will she move up after winning?

IMHO she should have been ranked #1 for quite some time.
Agree, even if in not good shape, she got in finals in pretty much all opens she got in, specially considering she was, apparently, adept of competing only in very important competitions before the new system, so I think more she got pretty used to it.
the semis and finals yesterday she showed a great performance unlikely previous opens this year, that she oscillated between above average, so so and good performance, but even so managing to get a good ranking

Enviado de meu SM-J510FN usando o Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
she is already rank no 2
https://www.ittf.com/rankings/

It is hard to say, she is not very regular she has some ups like now and after that she can loose to lower ranked players.
I think nowadays form is:
1. DN
2. LSW
3. WM
4. ZYL
5. CM

Wang Manyu is likely higher than you think. Chen Meng is likely lower than you think. Just my opinion tho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wang Manyu is likely higher than you think. Chen Meng is likely lower than you think. Just my opinion tho.
So you are assuming that WM is better then LSW and CM is maybe worse then other not mentioned chinese players like Xintong or SunYingsha. My opinion considered also last performances on international stage.
Wang lost recently to LSW and also Ito. So I think LSW is little bit better now and also Ding performance is very strong.
CM could be lower, but still her international experience is better then younger girls that is why I gave her 5th spot.
This assumption consider only top 5 chinese players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So you are assuming that WM is better then LSW and CM is maybe worse then other not mentioned chinese players like Xintong or SunYingsha. My opinion considered also last performances on international stage.
Wang lost recently to LSW and also Ito. So I think LSW is little bit better now and also Ding performance is very strong.
CM could be lower, but still her international experience is better then younger girls that is why I gave her 5th spot.
This assumption consider only top 5 chinese players.
I think if we did a round Robin with Wang Manyu, Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen, they would all have a good chance of winning depending on the day and the weather. Wang Manyu had come much further than I expected in such a short time. My point is that I am not sure Wang Manyu is clearly #3 and I am also not sure that Chen Meng is clearly #5, though I think the latter is closer to the truth.

Reactions: Sali

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I think if we did a round Robin with Wang Manyu, Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen, they would all have a good chance of winning depending on the day and the weather. Wang Manyu had come much further than I expected in such a short time. My point is that I am not sure Wang Manyu is clearly #3 and I am also not sure that Chen Meng is clearly #5, though I think the latter is closer to the truth.

All I know is I would enjoy watching that RR a whole lot more than this WC. Add in Ito, ZYL and CM to make a 6-way RR and that would be one awesome tournament.

Jan 2018
"Keep it up, Ishikawa. Take a game!" Seeing the Japanese star who is not on form, the friendly fans then hollered "I heard that, I also want to take a game." Ishikawa showed up with a wry smile in the mixed zone.

A reporter mentioned that when she was behind, she shook her head in disappointment. "Perhaps it's not because I played bad, the opponent is certainly very strong, I didn't have the upper hand." admitted Ishikawa. In the WS QF of the Bulgarian Open last month, even though she was also defeated by Ding Ning, she lost 2-4, a stark contrast from today's straight-game loss."

Last time we met, I played very well. I prepared more against lefties this past month, (because I knew) I would go up against DN if I could reach the SF.[She knew the draw ahead of time?] However, it's still the third ball, and in rallies that which I have no advantage. Today, I always felt like it was an uphill battle. " Ishikawa gave her analysis in fluent Chinese.

On LGL's "return", Ishikawa stated "I watched the news. The CNT has always been a very strong opponent, and it will definitely grow even stronger now that he's returned. We'll just do our best."

52alBff.jpg