Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2015?

• Ma Long

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
In fact, Grand Slam title is composed of three major titles: World Cup, World Championship, and Olympics. If you consider three of them are big title, then you are surely mistaken (of course if you dun, just never mind kkk). He won World Cup 2012, and only lacking of Olympic to be the 5th Grand Slam in Men Table Tennis.

Well, i have to read more about him then, it is like World Championship and Olympics are the most considered as the big events, but i also including World Cup, but sounds Olympics and Championship titles are the most two are taken as achievements, but you are talking about Ma Long or FZD? because Ma Long won many tours as well regardless of most of those big titles lacking, how many tours did FZD won in this year and last year compared to Ma Long and ZJK and even XX? i can't remember what was his last tour win comparing to those three beasts, and last recently finals or semi finals of FZD he lost to Ma Long or another Chinese, Ma Long is more deserving to win titles before FZD to be honest, 8 years waiting for his first title in WTTC, and i am not sure how many years he waited for Olympics too as we know it is every 4 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Well, i have to read more about him then, it is like World Championship and Olympics are the most considered as the big events, but i also including World Cup, but sounds Olympics and Championship titles are the most two are taken as achievements, but you are talking about Ma Long or FZD? because Ma Long won many tours as well regardless of most of those big titles lacking, how many tours did FZD won in this year and last year compared to Ma Long and ZJK and even XX? i can't remember what was his last tour win comparing to those three beasts, and last recently finals or semi finals of FZD he lost to Ma Long or another Chinese, Ma Long is more deserving to win titles before FZD to be honest, 8 years waiting for his first title in WTTC, and i am not sure how many years he waited for Olympics too as we know it is every 4 years.
In term of competitiveness, WTTC is the most difficult one to achieve, while Olympic and World Cup are somehow the same. In term of timing, Olympic is 4-year event, therefore it is supposed to be meaningful. Thats why all the CNT players want to earn Olympic when they were asked WTTC or Olympic :)

I did not realize if my post was so much confused or if FZD won World Cup ever before? Of course I was talking about ML for the winning of World Cup 2012, when FZD was not even shown up internationally.

Lastly, I am not gonna overview anybody's achievements in here, this is topic of WTTC2015, lets keep on track and discuss something closely related. Nobody was debating on FZD winning, neither expecting him to win WTTC2015. You better read carefully whats we were discussing before giving your post, thats my advice. Cheers!

This user has no status.
Loll...in that 10th picture Tommy just posted where Ma Long was high up in the air, Fang Bo looked terrified, like a real dragon was attacking him

I can absolutely see him as a dragon there, wings on his shoulders, breathing fire upon his opponent on the table! Somebody skilled should photoshop that, it would make a great image!

This user has no status.
In term of competitiveness, WTTC is the most difficult one to achieve, while Olympic and World Cup are somehow the same. In term of timing, Olympic is 4-year event, therefore it is supposed to be meaningful. Thats why all the CNT players want to earn Olympic when they were asked WTTC or Olympic :)

I did not realize if my post was so much confused or if FZD won World Cup ever before? Of course I was talking about ML for the winning of World Cup 2012, when FZD was not even shown up internationally.

Lastly, I am not gonna overview anybody's achievements in here, this is topic of WTTC2015, lets keep on track and discuss something closely related. Nobody was debating on FZD winning, neither expecting him to win WTTC2015. You better read carefully whats we were discussing before giving your post, thats my advice. Cheers!

Ok, so WTTC is like the Champions league and Olympics is like World Cup in football although there is world cup in table tennis.

Ok, it is not about this topic, but in any topic about any tournaments i read this year they always keep bringing FZD topic, and maybe the language misunderstanding for me but i feel the talk about FZD is like he must be the top of Chinese players and he should beat them all or he must be the winner, every time his name is there for discussion and many keep asking about his tactics or strategy or way to win, so if he can't win many times over those Chinese players and have his name in many tours why is that much talk about him? even ZJK is that great player in the grand slam titles while most other tours it is like he is not there and lose while he shouldn't, to me if FZD face one of those other 3 Chinese players i always expect FZD to lose and it happened, so why is special about him with any stroke he is unbelievable in it when he lose again and again to those 3 [ML, FZD, XX] and very rare i can hear him wins over one of them.

Anyway, i know it ia about WTTC 2015 here, but FZD as always reach quarter or semi final and very often the final too and then knocked down, what if he win the next WTTC or even the world cup, will he be greater than ML or ZJK then because of that win?

I did give my congrats to Ma Long already, but the thread is still keep going regardless of this WTTC is finished already yesterday.

I haven't checked 2013 one, but if you say the hungry and hard-working youngster, like FZD, right now is less consistent than 2 years ago when he just showed up, I would rather not think so. Cheers.

Thats not what I said. I said that during this wttc, his FH was not has good as what it was during 2014 year, and in particular during those two matches.

When I speak of consistency, I think you did not understand, it is the capacity to be always at your top or almost at your level. And I said that FZD was still lacking consistency because his forehand was far from his top level during this wttc. The best was against Niwa but still not the best he proved to be able to do and really not a good FH (compared to his top level) against Timo.

Also, chinese training is more physically demanding than the actual competition. Of course the world cup was physically demanding, but the training in China was even more. They continue to train (more lightly) during the competition also, because one or two competitive matchs in a day is far less physically demanding than what they are used to when they train and doing their every day duty.

In the chinese national championship 2014, when the semis where played, you think that a 30-45 minutes match is enough from them ? Both FZD and Ma Long have played many hours between the semi final and final, because it important. If Ma long was exhausted, he just trained less that FZD.

Why all of this ? For consistency, to limit the variations of your table tennis level. And Ma Long is the best at consistency.

Even during a wttc, the chinese are training with more physical intensity than at least the French players during a 100% training week.....

Han Hua, hopefully the savior of French TT, is teaching that to us, slowly. Han Hua, a Chinese coach who trained world champions and olympic champions, has been sent to France thx to cooperation between Chinese Fedaration and French Federation, which have very very good links. Of course when he is saying that our seniors and juniors are "lost" and we have now to focus on the really young ones......its hard the hear, but its most certainly true and its not the wttc 2015 which will prove he's wrong.

You should try to find Ma Long-FZD in 2013 national champ. The level was astronomical from both players (Ma Long won is a dramatic 7th set).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews
Totally Agree with the last message. I was in Suzhou, I saw most of the matches in live and I had the lucky to acces to the training hall and can say that KillerspinTT are right.

They normally start training 2h before the match, they do the warm up, FH and BH top againts block and then a lot of topspin on topspin from the two diagonals. Some exercices with services but after they do multiballs before the match! I saw some really hight intensitty work before some matches.

Amazing experience being there in Suzhou!!

I'll upload more photos and videos when I have more time, by now I'm still with jetlag :( but with a biiiig smile in the face :D

0 Ding Ning.jpg0 Liu Guoliang.jpgWanq Liquin.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Ma Long table tennis level is so much consistent, it doesn't vary much, always at his top level or almost at his top level............his consistency paid off this time. ZJK is far far far less consistent than Ma Long, his level varies far more (of course, it always stays a level above any european), same goes for XX.

FZD's forehand was not as good as we have seen it during the 2014 year (espacially his ultra dominant FH of the Chinese National Championship last November). He can still improve his consitency and get inspired by Ma Long to do so. He is so young, 9 years old younger then Ma Long and Zhang Jike !!! 5 yo younger than Fang Bo. And I already think that he is already more consistent after Ma Long.

Fang Bo has to prove consistency also now, he has to prove that he can play this awesome table tennis all year long. It starts now for Fang Bo.

The voictory of Ma Long is the a victory for its amazing consistency.
ZJK's consistency not dropping below a European ever...?not true.

He was defeated by Ovtcharov in WTTTC 2014 if you remember

Totally Agree with the last message. I was in Suzhou, I saw most of the matches in live and I had the lucky to acces to the training hall and can say that KillerspinTT are right.

They normally start training 2h before the match, they do the warm up, FH and BH top againts block and then a lot of topspin on topspin from the two diagonals. Some exercices with services but after they do multiballs before the match! I saw some really hight intensitty work before some matches.

Amazing experience being there in Suzhou!!

I'll upload more photos and videos when I have more time, by now I'm still with jetlag :( but with a biiiig smile in the face :D

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Must be very cool experienced :) kudos to you sir .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012

Killerspintt said:
Also, chinese training is more physically demanding than the actual competition. Of course the world cup was physically demanding, but the training in China was even more. They continue to train (more lightly) during the competition also, because one or two competitive matchs in a day is far less physically demanding than what they are used to when they train and doing their every day duty.

In the chinese national championship 2014, when the semis where played, you think that a 30-45 minutes match is enough from them ? Both FZD and Ma Long have played many hours between the semi final and final, because it important. If Ma long was exhausted, he just trained less that FZD.

In practicing/training hall, no matter how the pros practice, their mind is somehow still relaxed. However, in the match against top players on the big stage, the intense you can/cannot observe from the match is actually physiological intense.

Physical tiredness costs you a pain but still allows you to continue, physiological tiredness is simply STOP you from what you are doing.

In professional level, all kind of sports are actually same. You can see a Taewondo (spirit kungfu of Korea) guys train day and night, painful, no a single day rest, but it does not mean that you can bring a full strength for a few minutes on the real fighting stage, especially on a big stage like Olympic or World Cup.

I myself never reach a level of even semi-pro for table tennis, but at very young age I was trained in football school where we train to become professional and seed for city/national team later on. We live on campus (nobody is ever allowed to go out in the whole break season) and train intensively 15 hours/day. But it does not mean we are not tired in a real game in a league. Now what you say, why we train 15 hours/day with a lot of game, tactics, practicing skills, but cannot stand strong for only 90 minutes? We did not train hard enough? oh come on...

Anyway, its hard to explain, depending on personal point of view. You can trust whatever you see based on your knowledge on particular sport, but still many things inside/behind the scene a bit harder to observe. For me, whatever you see on the real game is more reliable than in the training hall.

Cheers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hi,

I'm not disappointed with your opinion. To be honest I only read the last message and wanted to say that, they really do intensive trainings even when they are in competition. Probably not as hard as a normal day for them, but still hard to my eyes. This surprised me, because I'm agree that a match is hard even for them because all you explain, there is a lot of tension, specially in a event like this, pressure for being competitive inside the china team, etc...

The only thing I want to pointing out is that sometimes physiological tiredness could be related to physical tiredness. It's difficult to focus when you are tired.

Cheers

Must be very cool experienced :) kudos to you sir .

Yeah! It really was awesome, thanks :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Last edited: