This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
And again lightnings come on...

Last edited by a moderator:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Ugly win for Alexis, both players on 1 leg, many unforced errors, Alexis got über damn LUCKY at 2-5 !!! if Ibou hasn't been so naive again trying to flick any ball, he could have done something interesting, you don't beat Kristian Karlsson by chance !

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The short game tactics used by Pavade to disrupt Elizabeta power on FH are insane, never the same place, never the same lenght, always loaded with heavy backspin

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Aside from that disastrous 6th game, Diaw played a great match. I've watched his Youtube videos and he seems like a good dude with great advice to share, and I hope he keeps finding more success in the future.
La Romagne is 15 km far from my house, it's our favorite club here, more than Angers Wolves that is 60 km away, or 4S Tours 80 KM away in pro B. I've seen him on youtube live defeating Kristian Karlsson in Hennebont while we were at our club house, it was insane hahaha booze night right after

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Bravo Eliza, it was a TBR match (Tactics Battle Royale), if a pro can analyse that match between Prithika and Elizabeta I'm all for it !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
It's cool to put the WTTC in an "exotic" country, but if they have no TT culture, no experience in organization, it's worse for both the fans and the players !

South Africa hosted the 2020 Fifa World Cup, the Africa Cup of Nations in 1996 and 2013, the 1995 Rugby World Cup, British & Irish Lions Rugby tours going back to 1903, and the largest timed cycle race in the world (The Cape Town Cycle Tour) every year for the past 45 years.

No experience in organisation???

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
South Africa hosted the 2020 Fifa World Cup, the Africa Cup of Nations in 1996 and 2013, the 1995 Rugby World Cup, British & Irish Lions Rugby tours going back to 1903, and the largest timed cycle race in the world (The Cape Town Cycle Tour) every year for the past 45 years.

No experience in organisation???
haha, of course there is no experience in Africa, it is a typical arrogant mindset that nothing will ever work in Africa.

Let me put everything on one post than 20:

SA has a lot of challenges, and with so little resources behind TT, the LOC and volunteers is trying the utmost best.
SA has big guts to bid and go through with the bid. So many "Top tier" TT countries chickened out.

I'm not involved with the LOC or national federation, but from the ground work that I am very familiar with, 99.9% of the coaches I know coach for free, in fact many of them I know, buys equipment for the kids too (and that is one of the reason, why I started a shop - support those who are really true human beings), a big portion of those are also the uber driver and meal provider, and I know quite a few who have been doing Saturday morning pickup, training, provide lunch, drop them back home, for over 20 years. Urban Africa and rural Africa have they challenges indeed, but that doesn't mean they do not have the rights to bid or win bids for tournaments. In fact, I encourage more countries to come and bid and go through with the bid, other than say Germany and China, who have hosted plenty of times in the past. There should be a 10 year gap between a second hosting, to allow more countries to host.

any ways, i'm no rugby expert, but looking at the cheating, google says otherwise
The SA one is probably inflated due to a recent infidelity (cheating) by one of its players.

1684811873738.png

I don't have any knowledge about french rugby, but 61 million research is a lot. It is only 14 times more than SA

1684811898829.png

Now cheating is a human behavior, it can happen with anyone/nationality.
Ma Long cheats with booster and hidden serves, but that is okay right? since he is the GOAT. Ma Long has nothing to loose against Wang Zhen though, the level gap is quite large, but since text book training said, if the ball goes down, it should be side. If the ball goes upwards, it should be edge. But then again, we have technology, but not being used (ie hotspots). So hence i suggest cave men solution by using some stain on the side and go really old school method to see exactly where the ball contacted.

Also, the thing about stadium size, I'm guessing the new "reduced" World Champs by ITTF that was announced something like 6 years ago, or was it 7 years ago, is not really known?
Other than participant reduction by nearly half, so is the table quantities.
8 tables max for first few days, then move over to 4 tables.

It is probably WTT's influence of making 8 tables in 5 halls.
I prefer having 8 tables in 1 hall.

They purposely added dividing walls between, to force ticket sales for multiple halls. Logic? well, ask the people at
ITTF/WTT, it isn't a South African brain that came up with such silly idea.

and to match such silly idea, the halls had to be chosen differently compared to yesters years (how to you add dividing walls in a big stadium? - or like the temp wall separating the playing hall and the practice hall, that fall down in Europe during a recent junior circuit there)

Here is a look at T1, T3/T4, T2, being 4 different areas. with T5~T8 in another area too.
Other than a number of tickets required, very inconvience to keep moving around to the 5 areas.

347624525_946200159912076_5730759421460574718_n.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Just watched the post match interview with Qui Dang. Didn't realise he was an officer in the German military. How crazy is it that you can be inside the world top ten and still need to have a "proper" job! Imagine how good he'd be if he could just focus on table tennis and not have to to do a 9 to 5!!!
thats insane

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Just watched the post match interview with Qui Dang. Didn't realise he was an officer in the German military. How crazy is it that you can be inside the world top ten and still need to have a "proper" job! Imagine how good he'd be if he could just focus on table tennis and not have to to do a 9 to 5!!!
I don't think he is an actual officer. In Germany there athletes who are hired by the police or military (bundeswehr) to be a pro athlete.

Technically they are hired there and they will do some training in their job, some of them then become regular soldiers or policemen after their career but they are really just hired there to do sports (you also have to meet certain performance standards to stay there). This is Similar in many European countries.

If you understand German Google "sportfördergruppe".

This user has no status.
I don't think he is an actual officer. In Germany there athletes who are hired by the police or military (bundeswehr) to be a pro athlete.

Technically they are hired there and they will do some training in their job, some of them then become regular soldiers or policemen after their career but they are really just hired there to do sports (you also have to meet certain performance standards to stay there). This is Similar in many European countries.

that makes more sense. a good initiative

Reactions: Stuart Marquis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I wonder if it is the same as the Bai-yi team (8-1 team) in China.

Wang Tao is the head coach, LGL, WH for example are all part of the team, and they all have military ranks, but the full time job is "table tennis".

Wang Tao is a major-general
LGL is a Colonel
Wang Hao is a Lieutenant Colonel
Fan Zhendong is a second lieutenant.

Reactions: Stuart Marquis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

how cool of Aruna

Yeah, this was arranged by Luke.
Aruna has to fly to his Russian league commitment after the world champs, so he did this on the 18th.
Not easy to do something "before" the tournament, since most of the players are strictly in training and preparation mode. So he has a big heart to sacrifice his own time to give it to the community.

Sarah Hanffou is staying after the tournament and going to Luke's club to do some things there too.