World Table Tennis Championships 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Is it just me? I feel like this champ is progressing with only few upsets. I don't like that 😄
I felt like there had been quite a few surprises so far (Dima/Aruna/Truls/Franciska/Calderano etc)

Unfortunately (for me at least) FZD is looking imperious - rarely have I seen him look so dominant (The way he took Gionis apart was brutal - what even is a chop??)

I truly hope he is stretched by someone like LGY (My pre tournament favourite for the win) or maybe by Harimoto who also looks very strong..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I felt like there had been quite a few surprises so far (Dima/Aruna/Truls/Franciska/Calderano etc)

Unfortunately (for me at least) FZD is looking imperious - rarely have I seen him look so dominant (The way he took Gionis apart was brutal - what even is a chop??)

I truly hope he is stretched by someone like LGY (My pre tournament favourite for the win) or maybe by Harimoto who also looks very strong..

Don't forget WCQ is on fire.

This user has no status.
The side/edge in Ma Long vs Eugene Wang's case seems to be quite borderline because the ball kinda looks like it went off on a flatish angle - very hard to tell whether it's upwards or not.

This is why we need Hawkeye systems in important tournaments with a challenge system. Umpires just cannot make these calls consistently with just the eyes.

My opinion is no one is at fault here, it's the lack of a good system in TT. Ma Long couldn't have known from his viewing angle similar to Persson as he was on the pivot side to the BH, and thus he remained quiet and deferred to the umpire.

There's no reason why Hawkeye cannot be implemented in table tennis, it's there for ages already in badminton and tennis, for the exact same reason.
I remember them testing Table Tennis Review a couple of years ago. What happened to that?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I rather enjoy the match btw Harimoto vs Bobocica. The Italian play very well, just that he is not use to Harimoto's speed. Bobocica technique is very clean and technical IMO, I enjoy watching him.

Compared to Harimoto, Bobobica plays a more leisurely unhurried style of TT. He takes his time to set up the ball for his attack. He reminds me of those old school European players.

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Bobocica result is the best result of an Italian player in world championships (top 16), we are very proud of him
He is under my radar now, will follow him for a while. GG

Jackcerry,

Below is a YT match one year ago btw Bobobica versus my country No. 1 Male single player. Enjoy.

Reactions: Jackcerry_
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The side/edge in Ma Long vs Eugene Wang's case seems to be quite borderline because the ball kinda looks like it went off on a flatish angle - very hard to tell whether it's upwards or not.

This is why we need Hawkeye systems in important tournaments with a challenge system. Umpires just cannot make these calls consistently with just the eyes.

My opinion is no one is at fault here, it's the lack of a good system in TT. Ma Long couldn't have known from his viewing angle similar to Persson as he was on the pivot side to the BH, and thus he remained quiet and deferred to the umpire.

There's no reason why Hawkeye cannot be implemented in table tennis, it's there for ages already in badminton and tennis, for the exact same reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Brutal for CIC. Biggest meltdown in the tournament up 7-2 in the 6th and with multiple match points spread out across different games.

Shitty when it happens even in casual or league play so havingnit happen at the world championship must be next level painful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Some players just look as though they've saved their best and are super-motivated for these World Champs: I am thinking of Harimoto, Hayata, Ma Long and Lin Gaoyuan in particular. The last two now have to take on one another! And what about Anders Lind - where did he come from? I've heard of him before, but not playing at this level. Omar Assar is another player who has suddenly raised his game to new heights. The Chinese ladies are still dominant (all five of them), but Cheng-i-Ching (TPE) and Hanna Haponova (UKR) made them stumble.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
What a performance by Ma Long... 4-0 against Lim Jong-hoon. So lucky to be able to watch such a world class player for so many years, hope he can go all the way
Yeah, we know Ma Long pretty well, the renowned doctor engaged to China national team.

happy_crooks_1.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
To prove me wrong,. Chen serves long on match point lol! But she had 3, not one! And she used a kicker!

serving long on crucial stage is a good stredgy at times. depending on the build up to that serve, of course.
CIC was so close, but then if she made it, another Chinese and then another Chinese, then another...
thats too much of a hill to climb

Reactions: NextLevel