Which team do you think will win the World Team Championships 2014?

• China

Votes: 172 80.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
First, Congratulations to China.

Ma Long played very good and he was really impressive. A very good record by not losing a single set in two WTTTCs.

Zhang Jike played his worst match of his life. He got a little nervous but i don't think that has a very big impact on him. He was trying to play his best but he wasn't able to do it. '
But i can be more good than bad! It can makes him to play with motivation in other tournaments that he has before being a grand slam champion. It can makes him to go 100% in every match to prove himself again.

I hope him to get back stronger in other tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
First, Congratulations to China.

Ma Long played very good and he was really impressive. A very good record by not losing a single set in two WTTTCs.

Zhang Jike played his worst match of his life. He got a little nervous but i don't think that has a very big impact on him. He was trying to play his best but he wasn't able to do it. '
But i can be more good than bad! It can makes him to play with motivation in other tournaments that he has before being a grand slam champion. It can makes him to go 100% in every match to prove himself again.

I hope him to get back stronger in other tournaments.

hehe, clearly you are a ZJK fan club boss :)
Well, he is 26, not much time left in CNT terms

WTTC of 3+1 players won't help too
OG of 2 players won't help too

Its up to ZJK now, and no one else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
From 5-5, Dima played differently - and I don't see this as a tactically change as you suggested.
last set, was all blocks
Sad to Dima end like that....
If it was as you claim "tactially decision", then that was a real bad decision. No matter what, he should of continued to attack. But something changed and his consistency went to below 30%

But Ma long changed his tactic and his form came up.
If Ma Long continue from Boll/Dima 1st set etc, it would be a lot more closer

Anyways, ZJK has a huge chance of not making the next WTTC (3 players + 1)
And always a chance of not making next OG
He is 26 now, and will be 27, 28 for these 2 events

So much pressure on the Chinese players
I think after first set with Dima, LGL said to ML do not rush, do not try to attack every ball with power shots. Let's put pressure on Dima and let him attack first and you wait for counter attack. Of course Ma Long did not play pushes for easy attack. Dima was always in hard position but the ball was long, so he had to attack. If your position is not perfect it is not easy to play powerfull shot, and Ma Long was waiting for that with his counter. After few shots Dima was really disappointed and also changed his tactic and let Ma Long.
You are of course right about ZJK. But he never had good consistency. He can play really good against chinese players but in a tournament it is different. Maybe it is simillar to Seyia Kishikawa who can be the best in Japan, but in a tournament he looses.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
hehe, clearly you are a ZJK fan club boss :)
Well, he is 26, not much time left in CNT terms

WTTC of 3+1 players won't help too
OG of 2 players won't help too

Its up to ZJK now, and no one else.
Yes, Its on his own now. And if he performs like what he did here in WTTTC he will not make it in to OG.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Guys you are judging ZJK and you forget that there was another player on the court today. Dima played fantastic and deserved to win, he totally outsmarted ZJK and adapted to the tactic changes after the LGL timeout. I ve never seen any european, even Boll that believed he can win and wanted it so badly. ZJK played bad only on the 3rd set he put a good fight in the first two, he was outplayed by Dima thats the truth and the only truth.

Just look at the whole match again, Dima made almost no mistakes and his attacks were very spinny and powerful, his tactics/placement were also upredictable making difficult for ZJK to guess what is coming next. Congratulations to Dima his level was godlike today, no one is unbeatable even the chinese, you just have to believe it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Guys you are judging ZJK and you forget that there was another player on the court today. Dima played fantastic and deserved to win, he totally outsmarted ZJK and adapted to the tactic changes after the LGL timeout. I ve never seen any european, even Boll that believed he can win and wanted it so badly. ZJK played bad only on the 3rd set he put a good fight in the first two, he was outplayed by Dima thats the truth and the only truth.

Just look at the whole match again, Dima made almost no mistakes and his attacks were very spinny and powerful, his tactics/placement were also upredictable making difficult for ZJK to guess what is coming next. Congratulations to Dima his level was godlike today, no one is unbeatable even the chinese, you just have to believe it
I agree, i think Dima is very uncomfortable opponent for ZJK since he loves open game and can neutralize Zhang's backhand over the table with both sides and also endure backhand to backhand situations and even gain the upper hand in them.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012

Of course Dima played godly but another reason of losing 3:0 was because ZJK was not at his best.
It's not only my opinion but also LGL's. He said after that match: "Today, if we reached the fifth match, there is really a possibility that we lose. Zhang Jike's condition today is indeed bad. I feel he was a bit powerless."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Of course Dima played godly but another reason of losing 3:0 was because ZJK was not at his best.
It's not only my opinion but also LGL's. He said after that match: "Today, if we reached the fifth match, there is really a possibility that we lose. Zhang Jike's condition today is indeed bad. I feel he was a bit powerless."

Alborz..here we go again :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Hahahahaha i was really waiting for you to say that again "zjk was not at his best" soo... Where is your definition of BEST now? Best form????

Popcorn alborz

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

If you ask this question, you better get ready to hear a list of titles that alborz and other ZJK's fans are going to remind you hahaha

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hahahahaha i was really waiting for you to say that again "zjk was not at his best" soo... Where is your definition of BEST now? Best form????
Dont get me wrong buddy.. i am a zjk fan but fairly i analyze things.

Popcorn alborz

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
To be honest, I was surprised to see ZJK in the two leading players.
I thought ML and XX will be #1 and 2 and ZJK will be #3 to secure a win against Germany's
#3. But LGL surprised me by putting ZJK who has not been performing his best (still good enough to
beat most opponents). Any way, my hero saved China! ;-)
I think ZJK does not peak up his performance other than in Olympics and WC games, which, to me, is
enough to leave him out of CNT. I don't think someone like FZD would lose to Dima 3-0.
And, what a player ML is, just amazing to watch. I just love him play.
It's a pity that he is not a grand slam winner and ZJK is!

Reactions: pong4lyfe
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012

Popcorn alborz

Yes, i mean best form. Just look at his match against Xu Xin is semi-final of 2013 WTTC and compare it with his performance against Dima.

Anyway here is his full match/short form of his match with Dima:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yes, i mean best form. Just look at his match against Xu Xin is semi-final of 2013 WTTC and compare it with his performance against Dima.

Anyway here is his full match/short form of his match with Dima:

I know i know...."he was not at his best at the moment" :-D

Reactions: MDanielCRO