says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It's just that he has a big head. LOL

mnt

This user has no status.

mnt

This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Idk about the rumors about all ML vs WCQ matches are fixed is true or not. But if you watch the final match yesterday between them, there were too many easily lost points from both sides. Just look at their normal game vs other players, then look at their final match, especially on ML's side. Also in the final match, ML was playing more passive and defense-oriented than ever. Was that a tactical choice by ML? I've never seen ML playing that defensively. No player in the history was able to push ML in auto-defense mode like that and I don't think WCQ is that much different.

Last edited:
Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Idk about the rumors about all ML vs WCQ matches are fixed is true or not. But if you watch the final match yesterday between them, there were too many easily lost points from both sides. Just look at their normal game vs other players, then look at their final match, especially on ML's side. Also in the final match, ML was playing more passive and defense-oriented than ever. Was that a tactical choice by ML? I've never seen ML playing that defensively. No player in the history was able to push ML in auto-defense mode like that and I don't think WCQ is that much different.

If you compare the QF LGY vd Harimoto and yesterday’s SF LGY vs WCQ, the stark contrast in LGY’s performance raised a lot of suspicion. We all see LGY’s recent soaring in performance and has the potential to derail WCQ.

It’s possible that the QF is fixed but too obvious but the final could have been fixed too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
WCQ is that different and just about everyone outside the CNT especially Harimoto has acknowledged that he is that different. He plays the most low trajectory heavy topspins consistently out of any of the top players.

This user has no status.
Having an 8-2 H2H to Wang before the match Ma Long was probably a bit nervous, also at their previous Wtt encounter at Macao he played much worse. Yesterday he was visibly frustrated during the last set so I don’t think it was a fixed match or if it was then they cover it too well. I believe he was just outplayed by Wang. But I wonder why he didn’t use his hook serve. It worked so well against LinGY, also a lefty, at the ATTC.

This user has no status.
ML seemed to attempt many more backhand flicks against WCQ than I remember him usually doing. It seemed like he was trying something different towards the end of the match when he couldn't really defend against WCQ's power attacks.
Exactly my thoughts. He wasn’t all that passive and he definitely was more aggressive than in Macao and had a much clearer strategy.