Xuperman Powerplay-x: A Rubber by Xu Xin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
New Xuperman Powerplay-X Pro?
seems to have his signature
Its the Powerplay-XB (B for black), special edition, or special Xu Xin Edition.

my sample of XB special is delayed till end of March, so I will receive the normal 40 deg XB and 38 XR on Sunday and will find a time to make a review of it in due course.

The price of XB and XB special is pretty near though, feels like a provincial H3 and national H3 concept

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
1711012202661.png

I wonder what this is? That ITTF code is for a Gambler Volt-T yet it I read Xuperman Powerplay-X on the rubber.

Unless they are made by the same manufacturer, same mold etc and someone forgot to change the ITTF code insert lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I got the Pro Version today (2.1 40degree) - Mounted on a OSP Vario+ AC. Smells like hell - so I´m not sure if the Pro Version has been factory tuned. I had some balls on the return board which I use quite often. Compared to my old Skyline 2 Prov. Blue Sponge - there is no tack on the Xuperman rubber. So short game could be more challenging. Speedwise the Xuperman Pro isn´t as slow as the Skyline. Flightpath is comparable. If I think about other rubbers which have been tested in the past I would compare the feeling to a Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo Blue - but without as much weight.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I got the Pro Version today (2.1 40degree) - Mounted on a OSP Vario+ AC. Smells like hell - so I´m not sure if the Pro Version has been factory tuned. I had some balls on the return board which I use quite often. Compared to my old Skyline 2 Prov. Blue Sponge - there is no tack on the Xuperman rubber. So short game could be more challenging. Speedwise the Xuperman Pro isn´t as slow as the Skyline. Flightpath is comparable. If I think about other rubbers which have been tested in the past I would compare the feeling to a Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo Blue - but without as much weight.
sounds generic to me... what characteristics do you think that can set it apart from other Chinese rubbers ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
sounds generic to me... what characteristics do you think that can set it apart from other Chinese rubbers ?

I think that the spin generation without being tacky is enormous. Also it seems that the rubber isn´t as dead as competitive. Some will love the more livery behavior - some won't like it. And other will only be happy - that "Xuperman" is printed on the rubber :)

• Love
Reactions: bobpuls and longle
This user has no status.
I think that the spin generation without being tacky is enormous. Also it seems that the rubber isn´t as dead as competitive. Some will love the more livery behavior - some won't like it. And other will only be happy - that "Xuperman" is printed on the rubber :)
If i got that right you are testing yours unboosted right?

I am still wondering if i should boost it or not. Mine arrived today and it doesnt smell too much imo. My battle 2 smell usually smell worse.
But it does feel quite hard and the sponge looks really dense, like typical rubber you would normally boost.

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
I haven't tried myself but I played against a friend who has this on his FH, unboosted. What I can tell it's slower but spinny like DHS Hurricane. Not sure if boosted.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I haven't tried myself but I played against a friend who has this on his FH, unboosted. What I can tell it's slower but spinny like DHS Hurricane. Not sure if boosted.
I have normal edition. It desperately needs boosting. Even though it does play fine without boosting, it feels dampened. I'm not gonna though because I'm out of booster and I'm not putting baby oil on that🥲

Reactions: Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
If i got that right you are testing yours unboosted right?

I am still wondering if i should boost it or not. Mine arrived today and it doesnt smell too much imo. My battle 2 smell usually smell worse.
But it does feel quite hard and the sponge looks really dense, like typical rubber you would normally boost.
Yep - unboosted first - to verify the initial behave.

Reactions: Attitude