Your table tennis club?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I was told, that sport centre is now in ruins, not used by any sports any more.

Apparently it was the only 7 day TT venue in SA ever

No.I believe that the table tennis training still takes place,and as far as i know,the district competition will be taking place there in october?.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Durban Youth Centre opened by Nelson Mandela in 2003

(I thought it was called Nelson Mandela Youth centre-sorry for that)

Then we defiantly talking about 2 different places.
The one I was talking about is more than 10 years ago for sure.
I was told, it was a 7 day a week centre, and now in ruins and occured by squatters.

Apparently the club/organisation broke down and didn't continue any more.

How I know, is because I asked if there is any centres that opened more than 4 days a week, and was told in Durban there was once was. I think it was around 10 to 20 years ago.

Any ways, the fact is, no full time centrea in SA, and the one I am at, is likely one of fews that is opened 4 days a week.
A sad reality that there is no proper venue in SA that allows players to train 7 days a week.
I also wonder if there is a point to make such venue possible, as maybe investment of such money will make more sense in other areas of life.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Then we defiantly talking about 2 different places.
The one I was talking about is more than 10 years ago for sure.
I was told, it was a 7 day a week centre, and now in ruins and occured by squatters.

Apparently the club/organisation broke down and didn't continue any more.

How I know, is because I asked if there is any centres that opened more than 4 days a week, and was told in Durban there was once was. I think it was around 10 to 20 years ago.

Any ways, the fact is, no full time centrea in SA, and the one I am at, is likely one of fews that is opened 4 days a week.
A sad reality that there is no proper venue in SA that allows players to train 7 days a week.
I also wonder if there is a point to make such venue possible, as maybe investment of such money will make more sense in other areas of life.

The one you are reffering to is in Durban CBD-and yes,unfortunately it is in complete ruins.If you look at that building you will never think a tt club existed there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
wow, sounds like a professional place :)
You said the name has Joola in it, is it Joola sponsored?

Yes.

Joola provided the equipment (tables, nets and surrounds) in a deal with the club.

We then had some German coaches over for a week running a training camp (including Jorg Rosskopf) and Chen Weixing was over for a few days of coaching and demo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
bumping this thread to highlight the New York Indoor Sports Club again!

We are testing a live video feed for a USATT 2-star sanctioned tournament today, starting at 10am EST. There is no open event, but the highest event (U2450) is scheduled to start today at 2:30pm EST. At the moment it is just the raw video feed from an ITTF-TV-like angle with no scoreboarding/commentary/etc, but in the future as NYISC hosts larger tournaments, we will integrate more features to the live feed!

If anyone else has experience streaming live (table tennis) video, feedback is appreciated!

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
bumping this thread to highlight the New York Indoor Sports Club again!

We are testing a live video feed for a USATT 2-star sanctioned tournament today, starting at 10am EST. There is no open event, but the highest event (U2450) is scheduled to start today at 2:30pm EST. At the moment it is just the raw video feed from an ITTF-TV-like angle with no scoreboarding/commentary/etc, but in the future as NYISC hosts larger tournaments, we will integrate more features to the live feed!

If anyone else has experience streaming live (table tennis) video, feedback is appreciated!

That is one awesome club! It looks like you guys have the live streaming sorted well right? Looks good to me. I used ustream to live stream the world record I did in March. That was a good software, but I believe youtube is the best way to go about it.

The English Table Tennis Association used live stream at their National Championship event, if you send them an email they may be able to give you some pointers.

Great club again :)

Reactions: schen
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Hey Tony I am at NWU Potch Campus RSA... Was chairman but term ended now; the size its decent for 3 tables roof is about 4 meters high in some places much higher in other spot, the problem we have is no barriers and budget doesn't allow for such although that problem hopefully gonna be sorted out this year coming. Anyways enjoy! Chat later

This user has no status.
We have just taken delivery of four brand new competition ready tables which brings our total to 12 competition standard tables.
This bad boy being the daddy of them all
gymeqygy.jpg
e8a3y4uv.jpg

We train in a High School sports hall ( pictured above)
Almost forgot our club is called the Joe Wilson TT Club we play in Motherwell, an industrial town roughly 15 miles east of Glasgow, Scotland
Ive been a member for just over a year and i can honestly say this is the friendliest club I've ever been in.
Kudos to Alan who runs both Tues (all players) and Thursday (adults and junior league players.
A selfless worker for the good of the game in our area.
Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited: