Zhang Jike switched to Tenergy 05-FX!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
He was still using T05fx for his latest major win : the world cup against Ma Long, October 2014. WIth the plactic ball, T64 is finished imho, T05 is superior even in terms of speed with the plastic ball.
Where did you get this from?
From pictuers posted during WC,it showed him using T64,and this thred is old...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
Zjk using Tenergy 05 can be confirmed as the following picture was taken from the match between him and fang bo in wttc 2015. But i dont know if it is 05 or 05fx. Here we go :) http://i59.tinypic.com/11skmqo.png
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 639
Reactions: mahomedy13
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Zjk using Tenergy 05 can be confirmed as the following picture was taken from the match between him and fang bo in wttc 2015. But i dont know if it is 05 or 05fx. Here we go :) http://i59.tinypic.com/11skmqo.png
attachment.php

05 and 05FX are not the same and all that shows is that there is an 05 package inside his case. That could mean he is using 05 but it could mean several other things as well.

Do you have a photo of his actual backhand rubber?

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
05 and 05FX are not the same and all that shows is that there is an 05 package inside his case. That could mean he is using 05 but it could mean several other things as well.

Carl, if you would like, I could take that pic to my secret computer lab and after a few minutes of Photoshopping, I can make that sucker say XP2008, the long-time BH rubber of the eternal "Der_Echte Special"

Heck, if it is on the internet, it's gotta be true !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014

What do you mean by " several other things as well "?. The pic says it all. He obviously uses 05 on his backhand. Are u thinking that he uses 64FX on his backhand and just put a 05 label inside that case. lol. The main point here is whether his backhand rubber is 05 or 05FX .

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What do you mean by " several other things as well "?. The pic says it all. He obviously uses 05 on his backhand. Are u thinking that he uses 64FX on his backhand and just put a 05 label inside that case. lol. The main point here is whether his backhand rubber is 05 or 05FX .

If I see the rubber on his racket saying 05 that would mean more. It could be that he has a whole bunch of backup rubbers and the one in front is 05 but he has not used 05. It could be a rubber he was planning to give to someone. It is true, the package could mean that he has 05 on his racket. But it is not proof. A photo of his red rubber and it saying which version of Tenergy would demonstrate which rubber he is using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
if you base in the package it's got to be 05.
05fx has different package.
but who knows, maybe he had a couple of spare rubbers he was trying to sell, that's why he kept them in the case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
If I see the rubber on his racket saying 05 that would mean more. It could be that he has a whole bunch of backup rubbers and the one in front is 05 but he has not used 05. It could be a rubber he was planning to give to someone. It is true, the package could mean that he has 05 on his racket. But it is not proof. A photo of his red rubber and it saying which version of Tenergy would demonstrate which rubber he is using.

Yes, pic in page 1 is the photo taken in 2013 saying he uses 05fx. you can see clearly from below

attachment.php

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes, pic in page 1 is the photo taken in 2013 saying he uses 05fx. you can see clearly from below

attachment.php

His racket in 2013 doesn't have much to do with his racket in 2015. We know that for a few months he switched to 05FX in 2013. I am not sure he stayed with it. Find photos from this WTTC.

You may be right, but 05FX is not 05 and I haven't seen any photos from this year that show what rubber he is using on the BH side.

There must be photos of his rubbers from this year's WTTC. Find one that shows his BH rubber and you will know what he is using for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
because of softer sponge of T05-fx your shots will have less power and more spin on flips . blocks with T05-fx will more pop up and it is harder .
T64 vs T05-fx : power and good blocking VS more spin on flips .
i will choose T64 for ZJK so i think he didn't change it , probably it is a T64 with a T05-fx logo!
I dont see why he would do that

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I've been playing with both rubbers for quite some while in the past. Yes T64 is a really good rubber overal. Especially when playing a little bit further from the table. At the table it is a little bit too fast from your racket when preforming a backhand spin. But very suitable for blocking. When compared with T05fx: the rubber is really grabbing the bal mucher longer allowing a more frequent and consistent full banana stroke. Which is of course the trademark shot of ZJK. A lot of people claims that the T05fx is slow because of the FX. But that is all but true. It's all about technique! Actually the same filosofy about the H3 unboosted. If you have the right technique i'll bet you achieve a much higher velocity and spin than any tensor rubber.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I've been playing with both rubbers for quite some while in the past. Yes T64 is a really good rubber overal. Especially when playing a little bit further from the table. At the table it is a little bit too fast from your racket when preforming a backhand spin. But very suitable for blocking. When compared with T05fx: the rubber is really grabbing the bal mucher longer allowing a more frequent and consistent full banana stroke. Which is of course the trademark shot of ZJK. A lot of people claims that the T05fx is slow because of the FX. But that is all but true. It's all about technique! Actually the same filosofy about the H3 unboosted. If you have the right technique i'll bet you achieve a much higher velocity and spin than any tensor rubber.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

H3's sponge is hard and doesn't have a good catapult effect. Therefore, if you apply more force, the dense hard sponge starts working. The tacky surface rewards good technique too. FX means softer sponge. The softer sponge generally has more catapult and less top-end power. The T05FX isn't tacky either. I don't see why would it be better than 'any tensor'.
I don't say that T05FX is a bad rubber. It isn't. It has everything what is needed to be owned by pro players. Personal preference matters a lot. Rozena is definitely less spinny than the Tenergy series and many of the Tensors. It isn't too fast. Yet it's the rubber of choice for Zhu Yuling.

This user has no status.
H3's sponge is hard and doesn't have a good catapult effect. Therefore, if you apply more force, the dense hard sponge starts working. The tacky surface rewards good technique too. FX means softer sponge. The softer sponge generally has more catapult and less top-end power. The T05FX isn't tacky either. I don't see why would it be better than 'any tensor'.
I don't say that T05FX is a bad rubber. It isn't. It has everything what is needed to be owned by pro players. Personal preference matters a lot. Rozena is definitely less spinny than the Tenergy series and many of the Tensors. It isn't too fast. Yet it's the rubber of choice for Zhu Yuling.
Agreed, I would say that Rozena is more of a beginner-intermediate rubber and Tenerfy is for mostly advanced players.