Advice for new rubbers

This user has no status.
Hi All,

Glad to be part of this wonderful forum. I've been playing with various rubbers in past 5 years, Mark V, Euro Spintech and Joola Phenix but now need something more. I'm using Yasaka Mark V on my backhand because usually I tend to apply power in my backhand and use lots of wrist action.

I need some advice to try new rubber for backhand which will support me for backhand flick shots near the net. Mark V is good for backhand topspin but if someone is throwing heavy backspin then it's hard to pick up on my backhand. So far I was thinking abt Hurricane Neo or 3. What experts say about that?

This user has no status.
Hi All,

Glad to be part of this wonderful forum. I've been playing with various rubbers in past 5 years, Mark V, Euro Spintech and Joola Phenix but now need something more. I'm using Yasaka Mark V on my backhand because usually I tend to apply power in my backhand and use lots of wrist action.

I need some advice to try new rubber for backhand which will support me for backhand flick shots near the net. Mark V is good for backhand topspin but if someone is throwing heavy backspin then it's hard to pick up on my backhand. So far I was thinking abt Hurricane Neo or 3. What experts say about that?

Seems in your experience you have constantly played with Japanese/European Rubbers I suggest Tenergy. that is the best rubber when it comes to Jap/Euro Rubbers.

The good thing about Butterfly Rubbers is that they are in standard quality What Timo Boll uses, normal players like us can use it to. Unlike Chinese rubber like H3 that has mass produced version and there is this National player exclusive rubber version.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, H3 and H3 Neo are much better for FH than for BH. The sponge is hard and has no catapult. A BH swing is too compact to get the full benefit of the type of rubber that H3 is. And you would need some serious impact power to get the full benefit of they rubber on your strokes. Which means, most of the shorter or over the table shots you do with a BH would be compromised.

Ma Long is using an H3 topsheet with a #60 sponge. That is a soft sponge that has more catapult. I don't know if you can get that commercially.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Rajah* and bobpuls
This user has no status.
By the way, H3 and H3 Neo are much better for FH than for BH. The sponge is hard and has no catapult. A BH swing is too compact to get the full benefit of the type of rubber that H3 is. And you would need some serious impact power to get the full benefit of they rubber on your strokes. Which means, most of the shorter or over the table shots you do with a BH would be compromised.

Ma Long is using an H3 topsheet with a #60 sponge. That is a soft sponge that has more catapult. I don't know if you can get that commercially.

Dhs skyline 3-60 soft should be quite nearly similar to what Ma Long is using, what say Carl?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dhs skyline 3-60 soft should be quite nearly similar to what Ma Long is using, what say Carl?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Do they also sell DHS H3-60? A commercial version of that would also be close enough. It would not be as good as what Ma Long is using. But it would be pretty good anyway.