Evolution rubbers and Tenergy 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hey all!

I am currently playing with Tenergy 05 on my BH (H3 neo on FH) and I have decided to give the evolution rubbers a go but I'm not sure which one is best in regards to the 05. I want one which offers the same spin as the 05 and has the same control. However, I would like something slightly slower. Also, one that has a similar sponge hardness but this doesn't matter too much to me because I can adjust between hard and soft rubbers. I have played with my friend's MX-P because I had heard that it's the closest to 05 out of the evolution series but I felt that it was just a bit faster than 05 which didn't take my liking.

If there are any other rubbers that suit these specifications can you suggest them?

Thanks!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have never tried EL-S (or any of the "S" versions). I can say that I am able to easily transition between T05 and MX-P. It takes a few sessions of playing, at most 4 or 5, and then I am perfectly comfortable. MX-P is harder, and as you say, a touch faster, but my experience is after that initial transition, you can play the same way. I think that may be why among players at ETTC, MX-P was the most common non-Tenergy rubber. EL-P is good rubber too but it is different. Throws a bit lower. Definitely a softer over-all feel. Quite good though.

I have been tempted to try EL-S just to see what it's like, but I am very happy with MX-P (and have six sheets of it in my closet). It would surprise me a lot if I would play better with one of the S versions. If someone shows up at my club with it I might find out, but I wouldn't make any change until I have played through the stock of MX-P that I have now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You can try the EL-S. It's the closest

Have you played with it?

I have never tried EL-S (or any of the "S" versions). I can say that I am able to easily transition between T05 and MX-P. It takes a few sessions of playing, at most 4 or 5, and then I am perfectly comfortable. MX-P is harder, and as you say, a touch faster, but my experience is after that initial transition, you can play the same way. I think that may be why among players at ETTC, MX-P was the most common non-Tenergy rubber. EL-P is good rubber too but it is different. Throws a bit lower. Definitely a softer over-all feel. Quite good though.

I have been tempted to try EL-S just to see what it's like, but I am very happy with MX-P (and have six sheets of it in my closet). It would surprise me a lot if I would play better with one of the S versions. If someone shows up at my club with it I might find out, but I wouldn't make any change until I have played through the stock of MX-P that I have now.

I think that the MX-P is still on the pricey side but if the quality and the characteristics of it are what I'm looking for I will buy it.

Do you have any other suggestions for rubbers that are slightly cheaper but are similar in spin and control to the 05 but slightly slower?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Have you played with it?

I think that the MX-P is still on the pricey side but if the quality and the characteristics of it are what I'm looking for I will buy it.

Do you have any other suggestions for rubbers that are slightly cheaper but are similar in spin and control to the 05 but slightly slower?

I'm not much of an EJ. So these are only two I've played with enough to be confident about. EL-P to lesser extent. But Evolution can be bought for ok price from TT11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Have you played with it?

You are looking for magic - Tenergy is priced the way it is for a reason. There are many good rubbers out there if you are willing to adapt.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You are looking for magic - Tenergy is priced the way it is for a reason. There are many good rubbers out there if you are willing to adapt.

Yep. Finding something comparable in speed, spin and control to T05 that is noticeably less expensive than MX-P is kind of like looking for magic. And if you are willing to buy 4 sheets at a time, you can get MX-P for as low as $33.00 if you know where to go.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Logical
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
have you tried the FXP ? i used to play T05 and switched to fxp and find it ( aside from the price )spinnier but now im looking into the T-05 for my Timo Boll ALC for my bh ,im still keeping my H3 nat for fh

How does the hardness of the sponge compare between the FXP and the 05? Is the control on par with the 05? I'm guessing it's not as fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I think Bluefire M2 is what are you looking for. In the past that was the main alternate for T05 here. I had only the M1 version, which is faster. It won't be as close as EL-S, but cheaper, slower and have quite good characteristics. Xiom Vega Pro also a popular slower alternate, but I wasn't really satisfied with it.
V>15 Extra is another cheap option. It isn't like T05, but very good. Unfortunately faster than T05, so maybe not the one for you.
Don't forget, EL-S is clearly the best based on your needs, it's only downside the price (which still good for that quality).

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
How does the hardness of the sponge compare between the FXP and the 05? Is the control on par with the 05? I'm guessing it's not as fast.

FX-P is much softer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think Bluefire M2 is what are you looking for. In the past that was the main alternate for T05 here. I had only the M1 version, which is faster. It won't be as close as EL-S, but cheaper, slower and have quite good characteristics. Xiom Vega Pro also a popular slower alternate, but I wasn't really satisfied with it.
V>15 Extra is another cheap option. It isn't like T05, but very good. Unfortunately faster than T05, so maybe not the one for you.
Don't forget, EL-S is clearly the best based on your needs, it's only downside the price (which still good for that quality).

What is the hardness of the M2 in comparison to the 05? Why did the vega pro not satisfy you?

Also, does anyone know how the characteristics of the rakza 7 compare to the M2 or 05?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i found that the fxp was somewhat more workable for me than 05 ,but that was when i re- started playing,its been quite some time since i changed these rubbers ,but im thinking on going back to 05 on both sides for my ALC ,since i got the rubbers ,to see how different they feel now,that my style has changed somehow

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I prefer rubbers that are medium - hard on my backhand. Many people said that the MX-P was hard. But to me it felt as hard as the 05 and, I think, that the 05 is classified as medium - hard.

I think that most people would say that MX-P overall is slightly harder than T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Interesting to read for me that obviously in other markets the prices differ a lot.

In Germany EL-S is 44,90 Euro while bluefire M2 costs 45,90 Euro and V15 even 46,90