This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
I'm looking for a new rubber setup and looking for some recommendations:

Rubbers that I've liked in the past but that had some caveats:
- Tenergy05: Liked: Curve, Spin / Disliked: Too fast, too little control, a little bouncy and non-linear
- Rozena: Liked: Curve, Speed / Disliked: Less Spin, Perhaps still a little fast/too little control
- EL-S: Liked: Spin / Disliked: Speed, non-linear to me
- Tenergy64: Liked: Linearity, Curve / Disliked: Too fast, less spin
- Vega Europe: Liked: Spin, Curve / Disliked: Pretty slow, not very controlled on hard blocks; felt a little soft?

My game is very much based on spin. I sometimes like to let the ball drop and then pick it up. My strength is the FH loop, my weak points is short/short and serve receives as well as BH top spin, depending on the day...I'm passive when on the defense until i find an opening for a counter TS. I play close to mid-distance and feel most comfortable somewhere in between the two.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Which rubber did you stick to the longest before having played the ones you listed ? Also what is the blade you are currently playing with? A slower blade could maybe fix some of the problems you listed if you find all those rubbers you mentioned too fast. Did you find el-s too fast?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
You're not gonna find a perfect rubber. If you play a topspin game, typically T05 is the way to go. If the overall setup is too fast, maybe you need a slower blade. If it's too bouncy on the FH push, learn to push BH more. If it's too spin sensitive to block spinny balls, learn how to counter-loop them.

Perhaps try the Rakza 7, it's a hard to go wrong rubber

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

- Tenergy05: Liked: Curve, Spin / Disliked: Too fast, too little control, a little bouncy and non-linear
- Rozena: Liked: Curve, Speed / Disliked: Less Spin, Perhaps still a little fast/too little control
- Vega Europe: Liked: Spin, Curve / Disliked: Pretty slow, not very controlled on hard blocks; felt a little soft?

My game is very much based on spin. I sometimes like to let the ball drop and then pick it up. My strength is the FH loop, my weak points is short/short and serve receives as well as BH top spin, depending on the day...I'm passive when on the defense until i find an opening for a counter TS. I play close to mid-distance and feel most comfortable somewhere in between the two.

What's your USATT rating?

What blade are you using.

What blade are you using.

For me it also sounds like a Blade problem. With the Stiga Genesis you will have an order problem because in 4-5 weeks the topsheet will be done and you'll need a new one. Xiom Vega Pro could be something. But you should try out the Limber versions of Victas or in my opinion the Rasanter serious is really good! Maybe you can watch the Review from TTD. After that you can get your perfect rasanter! If i have to add one more, would be the Tenergy 80, too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
For me it also sounds like a Blade problem. With the Stiga Genesis you will have an order problem because in 4-5 weeks the topsheet will be done and you'll need a new one. Xiom Vega Pro could be something. But you should try out the Limber versions of Victas or in my opinion the Rasanter serious is really good! Maybe you can watch the Review from TTD. After that you can get your perfect rasanter! If i have to add one more, would be the Tenergy 80, too!

But regarding the problem you are talking about Genesis M ( which I haven't tried) may be durability (money) is not an issue for many people who don't mind to change rubbers frequently if they find a rubber they truly like.
I know that myself would do that sacrifice of money if I really fall in love with a rubber.

How would you compare Rasanter 47 against Genesis M in terms of speed and spin during those 4-5 weeks that the topsheet is OK?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013

I found the MX-S very nice on the backhand.

But regarding the problem you are talking about Genesis M ( which I haven't tried) may be durability (money) is not an issue for many people who don't mind to change rubbers frequently if they find a rubber they truly like.
I know that myself would do that sacrifice of money if I really fall in love with a rubber.

How would you compare Rasanter 47 against Genesis M in terms of speed and spin during those 4-5 weeks that the topsheet is OK?

Yes, sure if someone doesn't have to look for money and love the genesis you can play them and maybe only I had this experience with the rubber! But also in my opinion the costumer should get a good quality rubber especially in this pricerange. But you are totally right!
I'm playing my Rasanter 47 now since the release and I think that it is 5 or 6 weeks old. And in this time I was playing like 2-4 times a week. And today I'm still really satisfied about the quality of my shots. The topsheet is maybe a little bit softer but the sponge is still in really good shape!