Upgrade mark V to Hurricane 3 Neo

This user has no status.
Suppose I am upgrading to Hurricane 3 Neo from Mark V, what shall I expect?
Will my forehand loops clear the net against backspin which used to land in net with Mark V?
Drop shots - Can I land the balls close to the net with H3N just like Mark V?
Smashes - Will H3N will require more power to smash as compared to Mark V?
Services - Will I be able to make powerful pendulum serve with H3N than Mark V?
Blade angle - Do I need to close or open the angle as compared to Mark V (For top spins)?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions..!

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Expect to have to adapt to it. My guess would be: yes higher throw, no more lively, no easier to hit through the sponge, yes as long as you manage to stay in control, close the angle a bit more.

Then again, you have to adapt and many things change with that. You will need to soft hands and a loose swing. It is known and so say we all.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Will my forehand loops clear the net against backspin which used to land in net with Mark V?
Blade angle - Do I need to close or open the angle as compared to Mark V (For top spins)?

Ha ha ha....
The question is... Do you want to start from beginning?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

What makes you think about H3?

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am not sure about H3 yet. I am just wondering If I upgrade from mark V to Neo what will happen. I am worried about my forehand because against backspin my forehand loops are slow and not loaded with spin, hence I was wondering if H3 Neo can help.

If your FH is slow and NOT loaded with spin then switching to H3 is not what you want. H3 is slow and if your FH was really powerful already it would give you gears. But if your FH is not powerful, fast or spinny, then you should stick with what you have or move up to a tensor. When you can shoot fast and spinny with a tensor, then you could think about H3.

In the end, when people try to change equipment to solve a technique issue, it usually does not work. But this concept here is based on a misunderstanding of what H3 is good for. H3 allows someone with a powerful FH to swing harder and get more from their swing because of how much control the rubber provides. But you have to work harder for all your shots before you get to what H3 can offer you.

Last edited: