Boosting Tenergy 05 hard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I am thinking of turning to tenergy 05 hard. But I have talked to many good level players and they said that they boost it with one layer of falco booster.It becomes the optimal hardness after that and is perfect to play with as they used to feel that tenergy 05 was too soft for forehand.But then why do they do that if they want a softer rubber cant they just play with tenergy 05?Or is tenergy 05 hard with a little booster is gonna be somehere in the middle and gonna be a different beast?Can I try boosting 05 hard with one layer or will it ruin the rubber?I dont care about the legality of boosting as I dont play tournaments I just practice hard and have fun.Please share your opinions.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Regular t05 with a layer of falco becomes (well for me) an unplayable mush. The harder sponge of 05 hard with a layer of falco plays and feels just right. So agree with what you have been told. I have friends at top levels who say the same thing and corroborate what you friends have said. Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks a lot brother for your answer.But how long does the booster effect last?And can i reboost rubber too after the effect is lost and will boosting tenergy reduce its life?
Regular t05 with a layer of falco becomes (well for me) an unplayable mush. The harder sponge of 05 hard with a layer of falco plays and feels just right. So agree with what you have been told. I have friends at top levels who say the same thing and corroborate what you friends have said. Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Have you Tried tenergy 05 or tenergy 05 hard when they are not boosted? Hard to know What you think if you just listen to others and Do not try it yourself. I also think you need to remember that if you boost the rubber it becomes faster so you need a certain level to be able to control it. Tenegy is already fast from the beginning. I also feel that Boosting takes alot of time and it can be diffixult to get the same results every time.

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
I agree with Lula - everyone has a 'way' of boosting, for instance, I use an extremely thin layer everytime. Sometimes, due to slight rubber sheet variations, you realise you need another. As for how long it lasts, I only do it once for the entire life span of the rubber.

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hey Guni,

I'm afraid this falls into the "if you have to ask, it's probably not the right thing to do" category.

If you play at a level where boosting T05H will help your game - You certainly don't need to ask what others think (especially as it's so subjective).

If your level isn't there yet - I'd probably avoid T05H completely - It's an expensive rubber if you can't get the most out of it, and it won't help your development at all.

For reference, I play with T05H on the forehand, and T05 on the backhand.

I probably prefer regular T05 to be honest, but the T05H makes me stay closer to the table and attack, rather than drifting off and enjoying a good game of fishing!

I wouldn't boost either of them personally - There's just no need for 99% of the people.

Hi,

I am thinking of turning to tenergy 05 hard. But I have talked to many good level players and they said that they boost it with one layer of falco booster.It becomes the optimal hardness after that and is perfect to play with as they used to feel that tenergy 05 was too soft for forehand.But then why do they do that if they want a softer rubber cant they just play with tenergy 05?Or is tenergy 05 hard with a little booster is gonna be somehere in the middle and gonna be a different beast?Can I try boosting 05 hard with one layer or will it ruin the rubber?I dont care about the legality of boosting as I dont play tournaments I just practice hard and have fun.Please share your opinions.

This user has no status.
Is it really not fast enough to the point where it needs to be boosted?!?

Also, as others have said, "If it needs to be softened then just use regular T05". LoL

I think that amateur players simply don't hit hard enough for T05H and they are too proud to admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D