Is Tenergy 05 spin-sensitive?

This user has no status.
For me i put 2 variable into messuring this for me.

First one is the plain block. How hard from the rubber does a loop for example jumps from my simple block. No countermovement from me, just me holding the racket against the shot.
Second is a little counter movement like a really touchy punch. Not a punch attack like Aruna^^. If one of these variables gives me an easy time bringing the shots back, i count a rubber as spin insensitive.

For example i have strong issues with blocking either way with Hurricane 3 and Hurricane 8 rubbers. They usually need a strong angle and a strong countermovement. If you are doing nothing to just a little the shots do what they want in my experience. The bounce of is kinda disgusting and hard to get along with it.

The Xiom Vega Pro is pretty much the same as the Tenergy 05, but are pretty spin sensitive with the first variable. If you do nothing the reaction from opponent shots are quite strong. But with just a slight adjustment (second variable) and a little movement against the ball i can completely control a shot.
So therefore for me i dont really count them as strong spinsensitive, maybe a little.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
For me i put 2 variable into messuring this for me.

First one is the plain block. How hard from the rubber does a loop for example jumps from my simple block. No countermovement from me, just me holding the racket against the shot.
Second is a little counter movement like a really touchy punch. Not a punch attack like Aruna^^. If one of these variables gives me an easy time bringing the shots back, i count a rubber as spin insensitive.

For example i have strong issues with blocking either way with Hurricane 3 and Hurricane 8 rubbers. They usually need a strong angle and a strong countermovement. If you are doing nothing to just a little the shots do what they want in my experience. The bounce of is kinda disgusting and hard to get along with it.

The Xiom Vega Pro is pretty much the same as the Tenergy 05, but are pretty spin sensitive with the first variable. If you do nothing the reaction from opponent shots are quite strong. But with just a slight adjustment (second variable) and a little movement against the ball i can completely control a shot.
So therefore for me i dont really count them as strong spinsensitive, maybe a little.

This is interesting, my best ever blocking i did using an H3 Neo 37 on a TSP Blockman II 😁
I used a friends blade once with a tenergy 05 and also had no problems at all blocking, it felt "soft"

Reactions: MK73
Yes, but it is easy to take over the spin with an active shot. I miss more serves with Rakza 7 than Tenergy 05 FX. Since I started playing with it I’m totally hooked…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.

This is interesting, my best ever blocking i did using an H3 Neo 37 on a TSP Blockman II 😁
I used a friends blade once with a tenergy 05 and also had no problems at all blocking, it felt "soft"

Maybe that is the blades "fault". I mean OP asked for the rubber alone, and i played many many rubbers on alc blades and these were my observations.

ALC Off blades and your mentioned ones are 2 whole different worlds though^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Receiving serves and such, low impact shots - very sensitive. Blocking and smashing - not so sensitive.
Modern sticky/tacky hard rubbers are the opposite.

My experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

The short answer is yes, very much so.

I agree, since a rubber that can produce heavy spin will also be equally sensitive to incoming spin.
If the catapult is low, such rubbers may still feel easier when receiving serves and playing over the table than a bouncy rubber, but basically it´s like angle of incidence equals angle of reflection.

Reactions: thomas.pong