PDA

View Full Version : Rubbers for Michael Maze Blade - Help!

strangeloop
10-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

As you can see on the sidebar, I currently use DHS PG7 with Xiom Sigma 2 Pro on FH and Tibhar Aurus on BH.

I wanted a faster blade and tried out BTY Gergely, ZJK, Donic Waldner senso carbon. I decided to get Michael Maze after trying out a friend's blade at the club. I thought I will retain the same rubber combination. However, my rubbers have worn out and I have to buy new ones.

1. How will my current combination of rubbers pair with the BTY Michael Maze blade?
2. If at all I have to change, I want to change to a slightly harder rubber on FH.
3. On the BH I love the Aurus and the control it offers. I will consider changing it only if you can give me more speed with same control. But I think changing the blade should have the same effect.

Please help out. One more thing. I don't have the money or inclination to buy Tenergy.

Thanks in advance!

strangeloop
10-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Just add some more info. I played with Omega IV Pro on FH before and liked that too. Then I switched to Sigma 2 Pro for no good reason. Now, I am toying with idea of taking Xiom Tau or Evolution MX-P on FH on the MM blade. But I won't go ahead till I hear from someone more experienced/knowledgeable (I mean you!)

I train 20 hours a week on an average. I am trying to develop a double-winged attacking game although I prefer playing FH, FH, FH. :) Like Ma Long ;-)

massa
10-26-2013, 11:20 PM
For your FH: tenergy 05, 80 or 64, Omega IV pro
For your BH, first youhave to try Aurus to see how do you feel like. Other rubbers: Tenergy 05, 80, 64, 05-FX or even Omega IV pro.
I've tryed most of them (except 05 FX) but for me with MM blade, I prefer tenergy 05 on both wings (I stay close to table most of time and play mostly with spin rather than speed)

massa
10-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Forgot to say that I've never tryed Xiom Tau (I have tryed Vega China VM and I felt it to slow) or Evolution MX-P

strangeloop
10-28-2013, 04:29 AM
For your FH: tenergy 05, 80 or 64, Omega IV pro
For your BH, first youhave to try Aurus to see how do you feel like. Other rubbers: Tenergy 05, 80, 64, 05-FX or even Omega IV pro.
I've tryed most of them (except 05 FX) but for me with MM blade, I prefer tenergy 05 on both wings (I stay close to table most of time and play mostly with spin rather than speed)

Tenergy is just too expensive. I play close and mid-distance. Not far. I am not sure I will make full use of it. That leaves me with Omega IV Pro and Aurus. I just hope the Omega IV Pro on FH on this blade doesn't limit the short game.

Der_Echte
10-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Aurus and Sigma Euro were the only rubbers I liked on FH during the 8 months I used M. Maze, maybe Evo FX-p may work for you.

strangeloop
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Aurus and Sigma Euro were the only rubbers I liked on FH during the 8 months I used M. Maze, maybe Evo FX-p may work for you.
Hmm.. interesting.. Are you suggesting soft rubbers? Isn't the Maze a soft blade? FWIW, I thought hard rubbers on soft blades are 'good'. That's why I thought I will take Omega IV Pro.. Otherwise I will go with my current Sigma 2 Pro itself for the forehand.

massa
10-28-2013, 02:47 PM
You should try the rubbers that you have. If you don't like any of them then you could try other rubbers that your partners may have