Dimitrij Ovtcharov & Wu Jiaduo are the European Top 12 Champions of 2012! (VIDEO)

Dimitrij Ovtcharov, the number 1 seed at the European Top 12 clinched the Men's singles title today on the 5th February 2012 defeating Kirill Skachkov by four games to nil in the final with scores: 11-6, 11-9, 11-9, 11-4.

Wu Jiaduo of Germany won the Women's Singles title at the European Top 12 today in Lyon, France defeating Jie Li by four games to three with scores: 11-7, 11-7, 5-11, 9-11, 11-2, 10-12, 11-7

dimiwutop12.JPG

Photo by: Roscher

On route to the final Dimitrij Ovtcharov disposed Werner Schlager, Bojan Tokic, Adrian Crisan, Chen Weixing and Kirill Skachkov!

As cited on ettu.org Dimitrij Ovtcharov has this to say to the reporter, "This is one of the biggest victories of my life. I am extremely happy to have won the Top 12 title. This victory shows how I am on a good path to my preparations for the World Team Championships. I am now ready to test myself with the Worlds best next week in the Qatar Open Word Tour and I will be ready for the World Teams Championships in Germany".

Wu Jiaduo won the Women's Singles title at the European Top 12 defeating Yanfei Shen, Elizabeta Samara, Xia Lian, Viktoria Pavlovich and Jie Li in an epic final. Video to come shortly of the final of the womens. In an interview as cited on ettu.org Wu expressed, "I feel great right now, its the same feeling as when I won the European Singles Championships. It was very hard to win this competition as I played very hard opponents with different styles".

Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Kirill Skachkov in the final of the European Top 12

Thanks for following all of TableTennisDaily's news feed from the European Top 12. To watch all the matches from the European Top 12.. click here to our Media Library

The Qatar Open World Tour 2012 begins this week, stay tuned for all the live updates here

TableTennisDaily