Chinese Trials for World Championships 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
ML plays like crap with this led table. Not like his intl level. Seems like the led table favors speed and power monster?

Actually he implied his usual variations / tactics and tried his best but FZD was simply a monster in the last points. They were both very anxious till 10-10 but after that FZD went crazy. Great performance indeed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
On https://marvellous12.sports.qq.com/mans1.php there are these red areas next to the games that show statistics, can someone translate what they mean?

XX blew a 9-5 lead against Lin Gaoyuan! LGY is now on par with ML, FZD and XX!

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
On https://marvellous12.sports.qq.com/mans1.php there are these red areas next to the games that show statistics, can someone translate what they mean?

XX blew a 9-5 lead against Lin Gaoyuan! LGY is now on par with ML, FZD and XX!

If FZD beats XX, he wins it all, which is the most likely. But this is assuming he beats LJK, which is not a given.

ML pretty much is going to win it out, LGY is his teammate and he gets to walk over ZJK. Sine he has beaten XX already, XX has no chance of winning it all any more.

So it is either FZD or ML.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
My take on the win by Fan zhedong..

I think it was very advantageous for both players Fan Zhedong to win... Reason being

Fan Zhedong

It will give him that confidence that he can do it against Ma long.. So he will be braver facing Ma long in subsequent meetings especially the WTTC coming up which I predict they will meet in the finals.

Ma long

This loss does away with burden and pressure that he cannot be defeated and that's a good thing for him. Ma long has really changed his game over the years from being an all out attacker to a player who adapts well to opponents. Being clever as he has shown, this painful loss will take him back to his drawing book and work out on better strategies. I beleive with this loss it will be even tougher for Fan Zhedong to beat him at the WTTC..

My take......

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My take on the win by Fan zhedong..

I think it was very advantageous for both players Fan Zhedong to win... Reason being

Fan Zhedong

It will give him that confidence that he can do it against Ma long.. So he will be braver facing Ma long in subsequent meetings especially the WTTC coming up which I predict they will meet in the finals.

Ma long

This loss does away with burden and pressure that he cannot be defeated and that's a good thing for him. Ma long has really changed his game over the years from being an all out attacker to a player who adapts well to opponents. Being clever as he has shown, this painful loss will take him back to his drawing book and work out on better strategies. I beleive with this loss it will be even tougher for Fan Zhedong to beat him at the WTTC..

My take......

FZD often beats ML when the coaches are around, it is when the coaches are not around that we will know whether FZD has improved or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
FZD often beats ML when the coaches are around, it is when the coaches are not around that we will know whether FZD has improved or not.

Actually, I totally forgot about that aspect I was overwhelmed by FZD performance. ML still looked like he outsmarts FZD till 10-8 , WJP advice probably played a big role. It would be great if the last phase of the trials is without coaches, just let the players kill each other

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
you're kidding ... he is famous for his strong mental and character . nothing can destroy it actually . I can remember some one had posted an artical about CNT's mental test which zjk was 1st in being strong

ZJK had a foot injury, so he withdraw. This explains why he didn't move that much. Yes, he's famous for winning big stakes, standing against big pressures. But mental strength is way more complicated and everybody can have bad days.

ML plays like crap with this led table. Not like his intl level. Seems like the led table favors speed and power monster?

Yes and Joola tournament tables favoured defenders (choppers), while on Stiga tables spin based attckers have the advantage. But I've heard that something was wrong with Ma Long's toothpaste,probably that's why he lost.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope every big tournament will make these statistics as the marvellous12 website does. Anyone knows what shows exactly the balls-on-the-table picture below the stats?

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
stats.jpg

p.s. first thee boards= first thee balls. stalemate = rally, which is considered every point played after the 3rd ball, so even push exchanges are considered a rally

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Does the plastic ball reduce spin to more extent than speed? Is that why close to table hard hitter is making a comeback?

this is what we already know. it is more difficult to produce a spinny plastic ball.. and thus more exhausting for the spin orientated player.
imho the game is easier for the hart hitter.
and i hate that ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
btw, where can i see the live games?

sorry if the link has already been mentioned here, havent read the whole threat ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
These stats are awesome to see! I would definitely love the ITTF to do this for the big events at the very least! :)

You ask too much :p
ITTF should first buy a camera. This type of statistics and real time coverage requires money/personel and a lot of hardwork/management to deliver

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Some bits of fan zhendong's translated interview after the match

"We are quite familiar with each other, LGL told us before the match that one of us will go to the basement. I dont want to go there any more, its dark, cold and the food is crap. I turned my despise for the basement into something positive and went all out, Im sorry for ML its tough for him to go to the basement. But hey, that's competition, I wish him luck and hope he does not suicide, he will be back eventually, he can always train with the women's team and reflect on his mistakes, in the basement you have tons of free time for self-talk"

Now I feel bad for Ma Long.. :(
But I would still lose on purpose to have some training time with the girls, haa!