Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
A lot of CNT players are protesting and some are not. Some posts were deleted by Sina Weibo such as Liu Yi's, but he keeps posting right now.

I bet who protested like ML, FZD, XX, LGY, LJK, Qin ZJ, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and so on will be punished.

Nothing wrong with the ones who did not protest like ZJK. And hopefully they can benefit.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
A lot of CNT players are protesting and some are not. Some posts were deleted by Sina Weibo such as Liu Yi's, but he keeps posting right now.

I bet who protested like ML, FZD, XX, LGY, LJK, Qin ZJ, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and so on will be punished.

Nothing wrong with the ones who did not protest like ZJK. And hopefully they can benefit.

Wow. I would think most people would support the players, who are taking a fairly courageous stand against what they believe is an injustice, and who are for the most part sticking together. History has tended to look favorably on athletes who have done that, even though sometimes it costs them.

This user has no status.
People just forgot LIU Guoliang got "promoted" after his boys lost their Doubles match to a Japanese teenager team in front of the Chinese President. How humiliating and embarassing...

There will be no second chance for all those involved ...

:mad::mad::mad:

China-RETL.jpg

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Here is tge google translatio of the key paragraph.

"We require sports teams, athletes at any time to patriotism, collectivism in the first place, excellent ideological style, strict discipline requirements and the level of movement is equally important. State Sports General Administration has instructed the Chinese table tennis association to find out the facts and dealt with it seriously."

Echoes of the Cultural Revolution?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
List of CNT who support LGL on weibo. (until GMT+8 Jun 23 10:45pm)

Players: Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan, Liu Yi, Zhou Yu, Fang Yinchi, Cheng Jingqi, Ma Te
Coaches: Qin Zhijian, Ma Lin,Wang Hao
Province team coach:Chen Qi

LGL's family and friend: LIU GUODONG (brother), Guo Bin (Wang Nan's husband)

-----------
New Statement from General Administration of Sport of China:

“Three players and two coaches, who gave up today's match will be dealt with severely.”

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Just to change topic.
LSW and DN have changed their equipment. I don't know if it is permanent or if their rackets didn't pass the check. LSW with DHS and DN with Stiga Carbonado 45

IMG_0959.jpg

Courtesy sina weibo

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Same as I thought. China never appreciate the courage or justice. But I don't believe players like Ma Long and Fan zhendong would disappear from table tennis just because of this strike.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just to change topic.
LSW and DN have changed their equipment. I don't know if it is permanent or if their rackets didn't pass the check. LSW with DHS and DN with Stiga Carbonado 45

View attachment 13600

Courtesy sina weibo

Lots of players using the HL5, including the Japanese. I wonder how I could have had one and traded it, LOL.

The Carbonados in the 0 and 200 range are pretty popular. Looks like Stiga did something useful. Stiga is mostly dead to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
This is huge, especially coming from Chinese players, the nationalist propaganda tries to inculcate a misplaced sense of national pride in its citizen , I have seen this in a lot of people I have met from China , I don't blame them , but its very rare to come across someone from mainland china who is ready to criticize their country in front of so called outsiders . Considering this its a huge thing ! I sincerely hope they don't take them to Tienanmen Square and shoot them ...
I admire them but also worry for them. This can't be easy for them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
This is huge, especially coming from Chinese players, the nationalist propaganda tries to inculcate a misplaced sense of national pride in its citizen , I have seen this in a lot of people I have met from China , I don't blame them , but its very rare to come across someone from mainland china who is ready to criticize their country in front of so called outsiders . Considering this its a huge thing ! I sincerely hope they don't take them to Tienanmen Square and shoot them ...

Ttmonster please you made me more concerned

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016

My god. You have such vigorous imagination. No one will shoot anybody. Most likely ban them from some games.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
My god. You have such vigorous imagination. No one will shoot anybody. Most likely ban them from some games.

Chinese regime is almost at the same level as North Korean regime. But these guys are superstars of their national sport. It can quickly turn into a country wide public protest if things go out of hand and they don't treat them right. But the players did not do anything anti-national . They just want their beloved coach back !!

Reactions: ping fun
I also hope for a miracle and non chinese final... At least a HF would be great. Koki can go for it but I think he will get in a quarterfinal to ML or FZD and thats just insane to believe in that miracle :D I'm cheering for Timo because he gets the position like a Roger Federer in TT and come on guys, everyone likes Roger :D

Forget the Roger thing, but guys, we have a non chinese QAURTERFINAL at the CHINA OPEN. Ok it's because of a boycott but who ever would have said this 3 days ago they would have got just a "Hahaha, look at this trustful child..." :D

Out of topic now but have to say that this is a great feedback for LGL! Big like for the CNT!